How do you define your moral alignment

Many argue that moral alignment is inherently subjective, varying among individuals, cultures, and societies. Morality often depends on personal beliefs, values, and experiences, making it challenging to establish universal, objective standards. What is considered morally acceptable in one culture might be viewed differently in another.

3 Likes

Very interesting.

Though I don’t know much about anything, but would like to answer this as per my own level of understanding.

The question you have is quite important for me as well, the social and cultural background of an individual does plays a very important role in moral values as it does in every other aspect of one’s life.

Hmmm. I had something to say about this when I was reading your post, but now it is gone.

I will try to add in when I can, hope you wouldn’t mind having this in your thread. Let me know if you do.

I’ll delete it, immediately :joy:

Have a great day :pray:t5::sun_with_face:

1 Like

Accepting and loving each other would be optimal.

1 Like

To produce as little suffering as possible and only if it’s needed (to not kill, unless there’s no other choice left; a Medic/Doctor might literally add/produce suffering, but the goal is to save lives, so it’s necessary, an example being that the doctor has to do surgeries; someone lives in a Really poor country and even food is expensive - unfortunately, there meat is Gold …), this is Healthy XXIst Century Golden Standard of (Universal) Morality (anyway, this is my ideal).

There is a famous Moral exercise/choice/test:
(hypothetically) if you would see two tracks and one tramv who is going to have an accident, unless you change it’s direction, but there’s one or more individuals on the other track, but significantly less than tge ones in the tramv, what is your choice?

Probably I would not do anything, since I won’t take a life to save others, not in such circumstances anyway.

There are of course many possible moral questions:
Do you always prioritize human life in cases of emergency, or maybe you save your pets and let others to meet their fate…?

Is it moral to go to war?
Idk…
I guess not, but circumstances could change everything.

Would you take a robbers life to save someone dear to you?

Etc.

Are rich countries even allowed to preach morality, when they colonized huge swats of land and exploited foreign lands (they still do this)?

Politics and Economy are complicated.

Is it moral to let an unjust system exist or people should constantly be ready to change their leaders and the system, whenever they want/need?

Is it moral to consume other life forms, any life forms?

I think that as long as you eat a living being, whatever it is, whatever species, you’re immoral, but I guess that Survival comes before Morality and Surviving is a Real Thing, it’s Tangible (You are Alive, Physically), while Morality is more like a code.

Morality is complicated…

And I choose to be practical, yes I’m also an individual who values morality, but without making morality my religion.

1 Like

Chaotic Good.

1 Like

Lawful Neutral