I do not support nor condone Bigotry and Racism

I don’t know others but do know Dream for nearly what 2 decades now? He is one of the kindest, most apolitical and decent human beings I’ve ever met. He does not really operate on the level of most human beings so to speak…and pretty much does not see the world in terms of division, categories, us vs them, etc. By saying this, I am not invalidating your hurt, or your feelings by no means, I acknowledge and hear you, as we should all. :slight_smile:

Much love to you, and please consider staying, we really like having you here.

23 Likes

Also, Sapien team, your social impact score just got downgraded, I will now divest my money from your Company. You got to follow the trend, this “let people be, teach them love approach” is so 2006. Got to make more noice

The love, ego, transcendence and acceptance speech won’t cover this much negative coverage.

For a small fee you can hire me (after apologizing), I’ll make you cave in faster than a Fortune 500 company or politician

8 Likes

I don’t think we should start attacking blue moon either. If we put ourselves in her shoes, a woman of color, seeing a guy who said something along the lines of ‘black people are animals,’ in a channel you’ve grown to trust and respect over the years, would certainly your eyebrows… and make you question if that channel is in line with those views as well. Or why the hell is he in this channel if he’s expressed these views before?

I get it.

But I’m just putting it out there we knew nothing of his political views. And being of a channel of acceptance, healing and redemption, it could be hypocritical of me to not allow the man any sort of redemption. Especially considering he did apologize according to someone in this thread.

33 Likes

Exactly…

8 Likes

An even bigger from me to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

SavageBlueMoon has had a moment of sensitivity during which she couldn’t think “straight” or see the “bigger picture” (like they say lol) about Sapien Medicine’s overall vision throughout the years. I’ve seen (and even taken part in) much, much bigger dramas, “rings of the division bell”, and idiotic tantrums on this forum.

So condemning her without looking at the “bigger picture” about her (namely her older posts, etc.) is exactly the same kind of mistake in my opinion. I’m weighing my words.

But anyway…

6 Likes

Thats my thoughts on that.
besides you don’t fight bigotry with hate or more bigotry.
If you can hope that you can change and be better and have a better future.
then why cant anyone else?
If people are not offered a chance to do and be better then how can we progress in any facet in life at all?
if every mistake made means you are doomed forever.

You =s the general you of the public, nobody in particular.

51 Likes

@anon75109749

I agree with @Bronyraur !!

I wholeheartedly feel your pain.

I completely understand you within the stupidity that we all share (the rest of us) that could never fully understand what your ancestors and race has gone through, but i put my best to have the compassion and respect youd like to find everywhere, not pitty, respect!

I am sorry, you feel this way.

But if you place your hand on your heart youd know… youll recognize that Captain and Sammy has never and would never in any way or form condone any of that. Their only intention is only always to spread hope and unconditional love.

As both have explain, and its clear and real.

But dont leave, Moon sister!! I love your energy and participation in the forum.

Help us Be the change you want to see in the world, we all can do it, we all can push forward, one step at a time.

Hugs :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

i am so sorry for your distress @anon75109749 sending lots of compassion :heart:

you are a valuable member of this community and i really hope you stay :slight_smile:

8 Likes

She should provide some evidence of his alleged comments.
But the only thing which matters is his message in this video. The past shouldnt define someone

4 Likes

Exactly.

“There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future.”
― St. Augustine

4 Likes

There are literally hundreds of archives on the Internet. The same goes for his apologies. An important aspect indeed, since there are many other people who don’t seem to know anything about the word “apology” nor ever use it. So credit to Sorbo. Credit as well for his positive message about Sapien Medicine and his ability to cultivate a more constructive attitude.

That said, there are some other cases (other than Sorbo’s case) for which an apology may not always suffice. That might be difficult to understand for people who’ve never been victim of racism. Making them accuse others of “victim mentality” too easily. Yes, too easily.

I’ve been thinking a lot again about the concept of compassion lately. Does it include the acknowledgement (be it temporarily) of someone’s negative emotions tinged with misjudgement? Or is this always a synonym of giving a useless “ego massage” to that person, hence consolidating their misjudgement? Where’s the limit? Has everybody in here already transcended the totality of their emotions/impulsive reactions, either “positive” or “negative”? “Judging” by the most utilized fields and literally every forum member’s reactions from time to time (yes, every. No exception), I doubt that…

Anyway, case closed. I did have the pleasure to discuss a little with SavageBlueMoon outside of the visible parts of the forum. So I maintain what I said about her. She will be missed by me at least. And remembered for other things than her last post. Just as Sorbo is remembered with his actions post-Ferguson.

8 Likes

His twitter feed seems very reasonable to me. Where did he called blacks animals?
He probably criticised the BLM movement. Thats not racism lol. Its an political movement. @Bronyraur

4 Likes

Go on YouTube and type “Kevin sorbo animal”

Kevin sorbo racism*

You can try both

Looool…thx for this

Sorbo’s case is about protests and riots that took place in Ferguson in 2014 after the shooting of a young “African American” person by a police officer. Episodic case, not chronic (therefore can’t be in his current social media pages).

Some may say “history” and of course it is. But so are older events that are still remembered by many…

My point was about compassion rather than stirring the soup. Anyway.

1 Like

I mean just look at the positivity of this man saying. Instead of what this person did in the past. If you simply don’t like this person then just don’t watch or at least take some good part of it like how he talk about strength. :woman_shrugging:t4: we all make mistakes anyway.

Plot twist

I used to be racist. Just saying

7 Likes

First of all, congratulations to you about that. It requires a hell of a guts to admit that and have the courage to change.

That message is lovely and impactful. No doubt about that. The only thing is that as much as the support of a public figure like him matters to me, so did the presence of a 8-month old member (maybe even older if she was lurking like some of us beforehand) who was for example always present at the Mass Meditations. Something as impactful as the video message but unfortunately overlooked because anonymous or not explored enough. They are equally valuable for me.

4 Likes

Well I did it all because years back I was extremely miserable. Took that over innocent being and insulting them randomly because my own projection. Owning your darker side is important. :slightly_smiling_face: and make peace with it as much as you can:)

6 Likes