I do not support nor condone Bigotry and Racism

I must admit I felt quite saddened and disappointed.
But well, it is what it is.

This man called African Americans Animals!

@SammyG Please delete all my comments/messages from the forum and close my account.
I do not want it to be misconstrued in any way that I, a Black woman, support and condone bigotry and racism.

3 Likes

He said that to the protesters, who were black (I assume), but not to the entire “black community”. Maybe?

3 Likes

I just found out about his claims during the Ferguson Unrest. I didn’t know about that until now and I’m pretty sure that many didn’t as well. However, what I know 100% is that especially the Sapien Medicine managing team is miles away from adhering to such worldviews.

On the other hand, the guy has apparently been clumsy while criticizing some of the acts that have derived into vandalism, then apologized. He should have thought twice, that’s for sure though. Being a “public figure”, etc.

I don’t know if there’s been any other case like that about him, I honestly don’t “know him”.

What matters to me right now is your feelings. I’m really sorry about that, you know that I like you Wolfy Sister ;) and the connection we’ve managed to create. I hope that you’ll reconsider your decision, knowing that it’s simply impossible for Sapien Medicine to support any kind of discrimination. That’s one of the rare things I can certify on their behalf.

6 Likes

This is like the 3rd or 4th message I’ve seen on this. First of all, we know nothing about his politics. Dream isn’t from the US and I’m not in social media scouting over people’s twitter accounts to see what their political views or their overall opinions are. Nor is he doing that either.

All we know is he used to play Hercules in a TV show back in the day. Literally all we know.

And all the sudden we’ve been called by several people, racists or hard conservatives, because we are in line with a bigot.

Before we even go into what his views apparently are, since we are learning this now, was the message he said in the video political in any way? He sent a positive message in these hard times. And that’s all that mattered to us.

We don’t look at people and judge them based on their ideologies. We aren’t in line with any politics of any kind. We don’t reject any kind of people and are accepting of all. If you can’t see that after all these years, then please tell us what we are doing wrong.

We posted a familiar face without knowing its background but it’s not like this video was layered with bigoted messages of any kind. It was a positive message to everyone.

49 Likes

Oh no this is wrong, I watched more of that stuff.

perhaps Sapien didn’t know about his views and just saw him as the Hercule he was playing in movies in the past ? I highly doubt sapien checks this guy’s tweets :p

Hm, that still doesn’t make it right.

alright correction : I always prefer to talk from a non confirmed opinion, but it’s obvious Captain and Sammy aren’t supporting these claims. You know them right…? They just don’t know this guy appart from his Hercule role and his positive message sent to Sapien
( but I understand your frustration )

3 Likes

I was wrong there I clarified that.

C’mon you know by now the sapien team is not racist.

Don’t you think it’s a little dramatic ?

Nah, I was just kidding. It’s a very serious subject.

CANCEL SAPIEN !!!

15 Likes

How could you ?
How could you let a guy express support for the channel without running a background check on the man’s whole social history, his friends and family ?
A little 2 week of online search… a few phone call to ask his ex-coworkers… JEEZUS!!!

It’s like you got something else to do :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

I’m with you.

#CancelSapienMedicine

5 Likes

also why would they be racist when all they talk about is being happy and kind.

1 Like

I don’t know others but do know Dream for nearly what 2 decades now? He is one of the kindest, most apolitical and decent human beings I’ve ever met. He does not really operate on the level of most human beings so to speak…and pretty much does not see the world in terms of division, categories, us vs them, etc. By saying this, I am not invalidating your hurt, or your feelings by no means, I acknowledge and hear you, as we should all. :slight_smile:

Much love to you, and please consider staying, we really like having you here.

23 Likes

Also, Sapien team, your social impact score just got downgraded, I will now divest my money from your Company. You got to follow the trend, this “let people be, teach them love approach” is so 2006. Got to make more noice

The love, ego, transcendence and acceptance speech won’t cover this much negative coverage.

For a small fee you can hire me (after apologizing), I’ll make you cave in faster than a Fortune 500 company or politician

8 Likes

I don’t think we should start attacking blue moon either. If we put ourselves in her shoes, a woman of color, seeing a guy who said something along the lines of ‘black people are animals,’ in a channel you’ve grown to trust and respect over the years, would certainly your eyebrows… and make you question if that channel is in line with those views as well. Or why the hell is he in this channel if he’s expressed these views before?

I get it.

But I’m just putting it out there we knew nothing of his political views. And being of a channel of acceptance, healing and redemption, it could be hypocritical of me to not allow the man any sort of redemption. Especially considering he did apologize according to someone in this thread.

33 Likes

Exactly…

8 Likes

An even bigger from me to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

SavageBlueMoon has had a moment of sensitivity during which she couldn’t think “straight” or see the “bigger picture” (like they say lol) about Sapien Medicine’s overall vision throughout the years. I’ve seen (and even taken part in) much, much bigger dramas, “rings of the division bell”, and idiotic tantrums on this forum.

So condemning her without looking at the “bigger picture” about her (namely her older posts, etc.) is exactly the same kind of mistake in my opinion. I’m weighing my words.

But anyway…

6 Likes

Thats my thoughts on that.
besides you don’t fight bigotry with hate or more bigotry.
If you can hope that you can change and be better and have a better future.
then why cant anyone else?
If people are not offered a chance to do and be better then how can we progress in any facet in life at all?
if every mistake made means you are doomed forever.

You =s the general you of the public, nobody in particular.

51 Likes

@anon75109749

I agree with @Bronyraur !!

I wholeheartedly feel your pain.

I completely understand you within the stupidity that we all share (the rest of us) that could never fully understand what your ancestors and race has gone through, but i put my best to have the compassion and respect youd like to find everywhere, not pitty, respect!

I am sorry, you feel this way.

But if you place your hand on your heart youd know… youll recognize that Captain and Sammy has never and would never in any way or form condone any of that. Their only intention is only always to spread hope and unconditional love.

As both have explain, and its clear and real.

But dont leave, Moon sister!! I love your energy and participation in the forum.

Help us Be the change you want to see in the world, we all can do it, we all can push forward, one step at a time.

Hugs :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

i am so sorry for your distress @anon75109749 sending lots of compassion :heart:

you are a valuable member of this community and i really hope you stay :slight_smile:

8 Likes

She should provide some evidence of his alleged comments.
But the only thing which matters is his message in this video. The past shouldnt define someone

4 Likes