Idea for NFT owners and traders

We could have a post where everyone who owes the NFT names go on the post with what NFT they have.
And if they’re willing to trade then a green dot next there name and if they’re not willing to trade then a red dot next to their name.

I think this is a good idea as this will declutter the forum a bit.

14 Likes

I was thinking something like this just yesterday! Sort of like advertising space, instead of creating a new thread everytime someone wants to buy, sell or trade their nfts @moderators

12 Likes

Thank you, the feedback is noted.

We will try to come up with something that makes nft trading more efficient.

10 Likes

Or they could just make a NFT trade thread.

People would post what they have and what they want. Once they traded they delete.

You’d check the thread from the beginning, only current offers and recently deleted offering will be visible

If the layout is standardized enough, if everybody use the same design and avoids mentioning the backstory for the trade, it should be easy on the eye

No need to have mods handle the market

Example:

NFT: Ambrosia
Small picture of the NFT maybe

Interested in:
Negotiable: yes/no
(If yes, PM)

PS: Anyone can set it up, next person who reads this and wants to trade, create the thread, then post the first offering

17 Likes

yet that’s a good idea but if the mods did the post then they can verify that the person has the actually nft so then they can put there names on the post

2 Likes
  1. “They”
    Sammy is busy, Dream is not gonna drop down to scrub work.
    They= @MonkeyOwl

She has other sht to do I think

1. Isn’t it the point of NFTs, we know you own it ?
    :grimacing:

But, why not. If it works for you guys :man_shrugging:
Haha, I’mma let you figure it out

4 Likes

True,

but however someone on this forum will still fall for a fake.

They were falling for fakes when there was a legit store opened and advertised below every field released.

At some point

3 Likes

I dont know, maybe if someone trustworthy has time and the wish to do that thing, there might be a middleman which is approved by captain or sammy

just a idea

problem arises if theres a money trade, and the middleman doesnt have the abillity to trade money efficiently, since then it might get complicated, but trading nft trough venly or crypto,com is pretty doable

scammers wouldnt be able to scam since it goes trough a third party, but I dont think i have to explain lol

how you imagine that’s gonna happen though?

7 Likes

Because people agree in PMs, do the money transfer off venly and then the person sends the NFT.

There is a risk of the person not sending the NFT after… or lying about it somehow.

Imo venly is secure already, if you agree and transfer money off marketplace, you do that at your own risk.
Of course someone might be willing to be the middle man, but me certainly not.

5 Likes

ahh okay i see.

i have done a few, but i dont have the time really.

Yes trading like this requires trust.
That’s totally between the parties involved.

But in terms of selling fake nfts.
That itself is unlikely as it wont be minted as a sapien medicine nft
with all the proper tags etc.

11 Likes

Would @SammyG be open to it?

1 Like

Btw… don’t we have the classified section to do all this? Anyone wanting to sell or trade creates a classified post. Once it’s done, they add ‘closed’ or delete the post.

Yeh I’m rather pressed for time but I think I’d maybe be open to it for a broker fee. That’s up to to people if they think that’d be fair.

Issue is that it stays up til it’s closed and classified posts still inundate the front page(latest/new). So I do agree with the sentiment of there being one/two threads for it.

I’m liking Phillip Weiss’s idea of having a standardized format of displaying what you have and what you want and posts being deleted once transaction done. And perhaps even having two threads. One for trades and one for sales.

12 Likes

One potential problem could be that a trading or sales post in a thread gets lost and hard to find if others are constantly adding to it.

Well, those who are known to be in possession of certain NFTs could be pinged to get their attention

1 Like

That is what the search function is for. You get into those threads and search what you are looking for.

5 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

And besides, that is also what deleting posts will do. Unclog those threads once transactions are being done off of a post.

7 Likes