If you guys were named a country, who would you be?

Just as the title says and why?
I’ll start. I would be Finland. There are a lot of things about Finland that just fits me and my personality in general.

Kids do not start school until they are like 6 or 7 and on top of that it’s only 20 hours a week. So that means 4 hours of school a day on average. They also learn other languages so early in their life. Finnish, Swedish, English, and another language. Must I mention…so minimal homework. Less than an hour for the most part. (Love the idea of kids learning many languages)

Healthcare system, ambulance costs are like only 10 euros. Having a baby? Not even 200 euros. Got hurt? Will hardly have to pay anything. Parental leave? 320 working days…yep you read that right. Kid has 2 parents? Each parent gets 160 working days and it’s fully paid. (Wish we had this in the states, there would be less stress)

Work life balance, hardly any overtime. Kids hardly have any homework which gives them more time to go out and play and be with their friends and family.

Crime rate is extremely low. Gun? What’s a gun? Top 20 in global peace index.

People mind their own business and do not do a lot of small talk. Not to mention…no one really pays attention to Finland. Finland is just there…not the center of attention and doesn’t want to be. (literally me)

The number 1 reason why I would be named Finland is simply because…once you become friends with me, you more than likely have me as your friend for life. (I don’t call anyone a friend so fast, it takes time)

What about you guys?

5 Likes

America. I like the freedom of expression. Which i don’t have where am currently. To me America is a great country.

2 Likes

Czech Republic! Any Czech (Bohemian/Moravian) composers music just speaks to me on a deep level. I love Smetana/Dvorak/Mahler, and their music just feels right to me.

2 Likes

Iceland. I’d love the nature, the cold weather, the way the people are (helpful with a getting-shit-done attitude but also very capable of just minding their own business), the folklore, music scene, all of it. The language is fun too.

@Rogue As a Finn I appreciate your appreciation but it’s not that rosy anymore. We have an immigration bomb brewing, the prices are rising fast, we have a bloodhungry beast for a neighbor on one side of the country and the kids do have more school hours and homework than you seem to think.

2 Likes

This seems to be a problem everywhere.

My 2nd choice literally

I thought this was a problem in Sweden if anything. Also what is this about bloodhungry? Never have I heard of Sweden get involved in war

2 Likes

While freedom of expression is a thing here in the states, I must say the average person in the states is more in stress than in peace. Also…thanks to social media people are acting more out of line and get offended for anything. Apparently in California state people sue others for “misgenderizing” someone.

America is not so great of a country of a country anymore. To be honest if all this social media didn’t exist, the world would be better than what it is now.

1 Like

We are about 5-10 years behind Sweden but it is happening here too. We’ve already had our first terrorist attack and now we are starting to get shifty neighborhoods, international gangs (drugs, petty theft, violent crime), gang rapes, all of it. It’s just that we are not allowed to speak about it because speaking about it is a violent hate crime and racism.

I won’t say more about this.

Not Sweden. Or Norway. The third neighbour of ours. Our Voldemort being busy in Ukraine right now but having his eyes on every single little county close to it. And since I heart this forum and know we have many splendid members from that country… I am of course speaking of the people in power and not the everyday people.

2 Likes

Here’s a thought. What if there was a country that had only Sapien medicine forum members? How would that look?

Imagine this. No job is frowned upon. Everyone knows about fields. Everyone helping each other out. Nobody will feel lonely.

2 Likes

Uganda. Somalia. International waters.

1 Like

Japan - isolated (its surrounded by water, for Kami’s Sake), has its own culture and not really bowing to a global hive mind (although this is complicated), loving anime, being somewhat a nerd, valuing ones own ancestors and past, meditation, love and appreciation of/for Nature, etc. - - - minus the overwhelming high tech, extremely high discipline or being insanely rich lol.

2 Likes

I know someone who lives in Japan temporarily and they say that Japan is better than being here in the states. However the problem is a decrease in population and the…“toys” they invented.

Otherwise all is well over there. Been also told that the food is a lot better over there to. The taste is more high quality to. Seems very blissful to be there.

2 Likes

I feel like Japan would win except maybe for people that went there and it wasn’t what they expected.

Would take me years to visit every place with a tablet and comparing reality with the anime pics xD

Best way to do tourism xD

2 Likes

I lived in Japan for years. Overall it’s pretty good but there are still some issues, some smaller and others larger. If you’re a tourist passing through, it’s pretty great. If you don’t look Japanese and seem to be from a Western Country living there, that can be pretty good.

The culture and people have solid boundaries regarding social things. Like they’ll keep & resolve issues internally, with a sense of who’s involved and who isn’t. Things can be hidden to outsiders of a group, e.g. family, school, company, but especially toward gaijin - foreigners.

Also layers of subtleties, which if you’re not Japanese you’re not expected to follow at all.

3 Likes

I don’t know in what context you mean in regards to ‘if we were named a country’, but I like these places or countries and have some kind of connection with them. So I’d probably be one of these…

Wales

New Zealand

Catalonia

2 Likes