I'm done. So done. I'm tired & feel helpless. Need urgent advice

For a backstory: athletic kid, gymnast, super high metabolism, extremely active like dancing/jumping while eating type of kid–>

then came my pre-med studies at 17, suddenly outta nowhere started gaining weight, started missing periods for months (gone till 6 months straight), thought it was more related to stress & long sitting for studies. But nothing could explain the abnormally fast weight gain.
Till I had reached the weight of 90 kgs for 5’5" girl at the age of 21 just gaining & no sign of periods for months. Associated with a myriad of respiratory, skin & intestinal diseases & dysfunction like IBS.
the irony is I never got sick at all when I was a kid & healthy.

Went to a gynaecologist: got diagnosed with Insulin Resistance & PCOD like symptoms (even tho after many ultrasounds, never had a cyst in any ovary).

Thus at 21: started Intermittent Fasting of 20:4 + skipping everyday + sapien med fields + Loa + subs.
And reached 70 kgs with regular periods (used a pcod subliminal) in course of 1 yr! I was so happy, I knew I’d never go back to that diseased state again.

But guess what happened: at 22, my college started again & IF was not conducive to studies & exams so had to leave it but continued being active at least 5x/week either walking or skipping rope.

And my diet was very normal: i find fatty foods nauseating. And find sugar kinda too sweet & disgusting. So my diet was very normal, more fruits & veggies. And kinda ate less portions cos got full too quickly.
So, diet is normal :ballot_box_with_check:
I’m being physically active :ballot_box_with_check:
Listening to subs & sapien med fields :ballot_box_with_check::ballot_box_with_check:

SO WHY AM I STILL GAINING WEIGHT & MISSING MY PERIODS?!

Till now I always felt it was my fault. That I’m being inactive or not eating right. But now that I see that I’m eating right & being active, I’m just so tired of feeling it’s my fault. When it is my broken metabolism & genes & body & Syndrome X at fault. I’m doing my part goddammit.

(i have a positive family history of extreme obesity, diabetes, CVD, Cancer; dad had had 2 heart attacks & so has my grandpa, my aunt is extremely obese, like EXTREMELY, my mum & sister have PCOS, my mum has hypothyroidism & is also obese, I have normal thyroid levels)

This may look like I’m overreacting & pity partying but trust me, I’ve been putting in the work without any expectations of any results, I did it cos it genuinely felt good. But to what extent. I’m just tired & feel hopeless at this point, Idk what to do.
Right now I’ll do anything to fix my broken metabolism.

I reckoned I’ll fix my metabolism & insulin Resistance first. I just want my metabolism to do its job for once.

As the Fat loss fields would burn the Fat, but not fix the impaired Fat metabolism machine, so would just lead to more fat deposition later on.

The fields I’m listening rn is the Diabetes one for my Insulin resistance & heard ampk field is good too. But heard the mot c field can replace ampk for metabolism.
I just want my high metabolism from childhood back. I want to fix it. And fix my menstrual cycle.

I’d really love this helpful community’s input, you guys are my last straw tbh, I’ve gone to doctors. I’ve done everything that was in my own hands & could be done. But I’m feeling helpless, frustrated & tired because the things causing pcos/disease/insulin resistance is everywhere! Leave junk & fat & sugar, okay done. What about the junk in our fruits & veg as pesticides or the polluted air & water or what about the gene is present in your own body & every cell. It’s just pointless.

@Captain_Nemo
@uial
@_OM
@SammyG
@anon22855873 & everybody else who is suffering from insulin resistance & can help. Thank you.

11 Likes

new thyroid field and endocrine field.
also PTSD field
along with what you are currently listening to:
Diabetes, ampk, mots-c are all good for controlling the insulin issues.

But all signs point to thyroid issues which new field should help with tremendously.

21 Likes

blueprint of life too maybe ?

6 Likes

I agree it sounds like thyroid, have you had hormone levels checked?
I would add some “generic” fields too like plasma and endocrine system.

8 Likes

I’ve had it checked so may times when I was gaining weight in a matter of weeks like crazy but the levels were always normal. But would still listen to the field if it is being undiagnosed. Thank you so much for your input!

1 Like

Thanks @_OM! You have no idea how much your input means to me. Will listen to thyroid one from now on tho i heard the Longevity Mots C one kinda already has a pk, so can i replace the ampk one with mots c one ? Thanks again!

5 Likes

Sure👍

Ack, almost forgot, also add new autoimmune field as thyroid or other organ issues often involve the body attacking itself.

13 Likes

I think with all the physical activity you might have some adrenals to take care of too.

Also sounds like you can benefit from ALA field.

My body is also ‘prone’ to things of this nature here and there so whenever you can get blueprint, do that!

10 Likes

Ojas Refined and Defined for the most exigent palates .

If you havent tried of course .

8 Likes

Hey, sorry for what you are dealing with.

You said that fatty food gets you nauseous, so I’m assuming you avoid any kind? Remember you need (healthy) fats to make hormones.

Olive oil, coconut oil, omega 3, etc plus some animal fats like butter or even better, Ghee - clarified butter.

Zinc supplement (I used the zinc picolinate form) it’s incredible helpful to normalize the ovarian function. Use the liver audio so you can detox the excess estrogen more efficiently and expect it to take some time for the ovulation to return as your body is recovering.
And I’ll recommend the Vitamin D áudio as well.

Trust your body, because he wants to heal too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: and as Desiree pointed, too much exercise might have an exhausting effect in the adrenals and make too much cortisol circulate in the body, the adrenal field should be of help and if it’s the case that you exercise too often consider give it a break of some days or exchange for gentle exercise like walking or yoga.

6 Likes

I like what @Star is thinking with the coconut oil. Fats for hormones. Coconut oil is a fat known to raise metabolism.

I’d focus on my stomach lining with autoimmune x or ambrotose. Then a little humic acid while keeping an eye on signs of candida flare up. And finally the best probiotics I could find.

This is not medical advice. As a non-medical professional this is what I would do for myself.

6 Likes

Try the thyroid field ,eventhough your labs may seem normal. In the last decades they adjusted the scale a couple times so that a previously pathologic Thyroid measure is now seemingly normal.
Better: take your morning temperature and pulse and report back. The closer your morning temperature is to 37° degrees C (98.6° F) , the better . Also check your pulse before and after eating if your pulse is going down after food it means your running on adrenaline, I’d recommend the new PTSD field as its very good for lowering your stress hormones.

I’d also recommend the progesterone field , as some of your problems are likely conncected to excess estrogen .And progesterone is the strongest estrogen antagonist for women . Plus it has a calming effect on body and mind .
The liver and kidney audios are also important for clearing estrogen.

6 Likes

I am really sorry you have to go through all that :heart:
Have you been tested for mast cell activation syndrome?

Hormonal changes and stress trigger it and being 17 and pre-med would definitely account for both.
I was super healthy my entire adult life, I had two businesses and could work upwards of 80h, party on the weekend and be fresh as a rose. I also would eat anything I wanted, not exercise and never gained weight. Then I started taking the birth control pill and having a lot of stress at work. I got sicker and sicker. At one point I gained 14kg really quickly. I proceeded to exercise 1h per day (which ultimately made me more ill, too much stress as @Desiree pointed out) and to do intermittent fasting, which seemed to slow the weight gain but not stop it. Eventually, when at my most ill, I was throwing up 2-3xday every day and gained 46kg within a few months, it was crazy. So intake of food and weight do not seem to always be related, unlike what I previously assumed.

So I don’t know if this might be what you have, but whatever it is, it really isn’t your fault.

I echo what @Star has been saying, fat is very important for hormones, especially for women (the reason why we don’t see results as dramatic from IF that guys do and why it’s not wise to do it for as long, unless we are fat fasting). Again, I relate, as it seems that high histamine has an effect on smooth muscles, which means the pyloric valve can have trouble closing properly when ingesting fatty foods, leading to bile reflux in the stomach, causing nausea. Not saying this is your case, but might be worth investigating.

I completely understand that you are so discouraged. It’s difficult to feel like our body is betraying us and that all our efforts don’t seem to help. I was told by doctors that the best I could do for myself was to accept the illness, but I have recovered. Hell, people have recovered from the most diverse and dire illnesses, sometimes even overnight!

If you don’t already know it, I highly recommend the book Mind Over Medicine, written by Dr Lissa Rankin. At the time it gave me the hope I needed to continue on my journey towards wellness because it made me realise I had a lot more power over my health than I thought.

8 Likes

I think it’s already been recommended (haven’t read all the replies)

Autoimmune reversal
Gastrointestinal
Thyroid
Endocrine system

For stress:
all-purpose anxiety removal
PTSD

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Try listening to Endocrine system rejuvenation, + fat to stem cells… sounds like maybe you have some kind of hormonal imbalance maybe? Maybe estrogen boost too

1 Like