Incredibly annoying Signing up experience

I had an account here previously before the these forums shifted to a new url from the .discourse website by the name of Lawton. I repeatedly tried recovering my account but it would not work. Whatever system is in place simply did not send it to my previous account’s email. So i created this account, yet it still would not send my new email address the activation email. After painstakingly trying to get things to work, I found out that for some odd reason, this forum simply does not send the activation email/recovery email/whatever to @yahoo.com addresses. I had to use a @gmail.com account for this website to finally get the activation email for this account. My previous account seems unrecoverable because it uses a yahoo email address and it seems as though that can’t be changed. Anyway, this was unnecessarily painful and annoying. I just kept waiting unnecessarily for the emails to arrive at my yahoo address but they wouldn’t come. It’s very strange that it won’t send it to yahoo accounts. There has to be some error/bug that’s somehow embedded within the code of this website, i’m assuming. Otherwise why would it work for gmail accounts and not yahoo accounts? Very perplexing. I checked my yahoo email addresses and to see if it was on their end but I still receive emails for other addresses there as well as promotions (such as from Steam). There are probably a number of people with yahoo accounts that have had to go through this. Hopefully this can be resolved for future yahoo-email-address folks.

On another note, the new sapien shop lists the old .discourse website as the url for the forum - it needs to be updated to this new url.

1 Like

I can actually merge your old account to this one so you could start using it again. Send me a pm and we’ll get it done.

8 Likes

PM sent :pray:

I can confirm that the forum system does not work with yahoo and gmx email addresses.

Tryna get this issue fixed as we speak

3 Likes