Inspirational quotes

2 Likes

Read this quote by Jose Micard on a friend’s social post and loved it. It’s a beautiful quote. I resonate with it more and more as I clear out my inner clutter thanks to Captain’s fields. :sparkling_heart:

“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me.

I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.”

7 Likes

Stranded in a failing marriage
Focusing on science
Rising above

It all whiffs of despair to be honest

Maybe rise above your limiting beliefs if you want to surpass something so much
Otherwise you’re getting stuck on the superficial level of truth

1 Like

I happen to come back and just now noticed your reply!

I feel like I understand it a bit better now!

Thanks!

2 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

"Don’t listen to the advice of people who are living the lives you don’t want to live."

– Andrew Tate

10 Likes

That’s a really good one

3 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes

“They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority. “

4 Likes

“A tree without roots is a piece of wood” - Enfant Terrible

1 Like

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do”

Yes, looking at YOU :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You’re either a smart fella, or a fart smella

3 Likes

This must be one of the most motivating things I’ve read in some time ! Great way to start the day.

Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals.

How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer.

Put your principles into practice - now.

Stop the excuses and the procrastination.

This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore.

The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be.

The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better.

From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself.

Separate yourself from the mob.

*Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do - now.” *

by Epictetus

5 Likes

:muscle:

Epictetus – Greek Philosopher (50 – 135 AD)
This message never gets old.
2000 years later…

5 Likes

Tate referenced stoicism sometimes . Although he is against reading books, but I guess that’s the emphasize the action part that many are lacking , not the knowledge.
While I dont agree with everything he says, i dont get blindly triggered by it and listen to what he actually says, which is surprisingly empowering. :muscle:

1 Like

LET THIS DARKNESS BE A BELL TOWER
by Rainer Maria Rilke

Quiet friend who has come so far,

feel how your breathing makes more space around you.
Let this darkness be a bell tower
and you the bell. As you ring,

what batters you becomes your strength.
Move back and forth into the change.
What is it like, such intensity of pain?
If the drink is bitter, turn yourself to wine.

In this uncontainable night,
be the mystery at the crossroads of your senses,
the meaning discovered there.

And if the world has ceased to hear you,
say to the silent earth: I flow.
To the rushing water, speak: I am.

3 Likes

“Great power is worry, and total power is boredom, such that even God renounces it and pretends instead, that he is people and fish and insects and plants: the myth of the king who goes wandering among his subjects in disguise.”

Alan W. Watts

8 Likes

Well worth the short read.

6 Likes