Just expressing

Hello my Sapien family,

I am writing this post just to express my feelings. Just to talk about it. I know this is a forum of spiritual people and so I know I am talking at a safe place.

I am feeling depressed… I have been a singer and a teacher … my voice meant so much to me. Now I lost it … I got throat issues due to acid reflux … my throat gets inflamed and I am not able to speak also forget about singing… it’s been two years this keeps happening on and off … I feel so sad to come across music when I can’t hum with it or sing it out loud. I feel very sad when I can’t even interact with my daughter. I used to teach her uptill two years back. I feel so limited when I go out and I have to talk using hands or by texting … it hurts.

I don’t know what will help me but I do feel sad … very much. Just wanted to speak up so wrote it… well not technically speak up … that I can’t :sob::pensive:

6 Likes

Sometimes I wish that some magic happens and I get my full voice back … and never loose it again.

1 Like

I’m so sorry this happened to you. I imagine it’s quite a blow.

Sometimes things like this happen and we feel so helpless. Sometimes, in order to carry on, one has to try and make the best of it. Unfortunately, sometimes memory is a curse in so far as you retaining the memory of what was lost. But the good side of memory is that it can be utilized, in conjunction with imagination, in such a way as to transform you into a time-traveler of sorts.

One suggestion might be to use the beautiful side of memory so that when you hear the music, close your eyes and imagine that you’re back in time, or in another dimension, singing right along, singing your heart out - with full power, just like before. That’s the beauty side of memory. That is, the side you can use to your advantage. If practiced enough, it will allow, for just that moment, you to transcend and relive the memory. @SammyG just did a great write up on this. I’ll link it here because I think it will help you. Visualization is Underrated & Dramatically Boost Field Results

Other than that, for now, I have no other specific advice other than to go easy on yourself. In the meantime, I’m sure others will chime in with recommendations for specific fields that will likely help a great deal.

I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

100 percent agree with the above.

I’m glad you posted again because it gives us a more detailed view into your emotional state and thought process right now. In your first post I thought you were dealing with something purely physical- but now I feel differently.

I can see that this is very upsetting for you, and I couldn’t be more sympathetic. I believe you can change this situation.

I think it will take a little introspection, but not much.
Is there an area of your life where you feel you are being emotionally stifled? Like it’s not okay to speak up and voice your opinions?

My first stop is, focus on the throat chakra.

My second stop is, get into a neutral space. Neutral spaces change reality. What I mean by that is, you’re fighting against not having a voice and I get it completely. That’s intensely frustrating. But if you’re going to change it, and you will, it is important that first you at least imagine a reality in which this is okay. It’s ironic but we actually have to at least be somewhat neutral to a situation in order to change it. As upset as it makes you, try to remove judgment. Breathe. Become AWARE. In a quiet moment.

Once you’re very aware, very clear, you have removed some judgment, you are calm - then, get into a space where you can begin to feel in your heart that you have your voice again. That you are stepping into a reality where you are singing and teaching and doing it all. Feel it in your heart, and say it to yourself out loud at first. Visualizations will come naturally. Let them enter your mind.

If you’re enjoying yourself, and if emotions start coming up that feel like RELIEF, you’ve done it. You’ve made a change.

Try to stay in a calm space. If negative thoughts enter your mind about this say, no. I am changing this.

Do this every day for a month and see what happens. I believe you’re getting your voice back and I hope you update us.

3 Likes