Longevity (ISIRB and RBM3)

Wow, amazing field. Thank you, Dream! :pray:

Here’s one slightly less technical article for those interested. :wink:

Drug Reverses Age-Related Mental Decline Within Days

Reversible Physiological ‘Blockage’ Behind Age-Related Cognitive Losses

By Nicholas Weiler

Just a few doses of an experimental drug can reverse age-related declines in memory and mental flexibility in mice, according to a new study by UC San Francisco scientists. The drug, called ISRIB, has already been shown in laboratory studies to restore memory function months after traumatic brain injury (TBI), reverse cognitive impairments in Down Syndrome, prevent noise-related hearing loss, fight certain types of prostate cancer, and even enhance cognition in healthy animals.

In the new study, published Dec. 1, 2020, in the open-access journal eLife, researchers showed rapid restoration of youthful cognitive abilities in aged mice, accompanied by a rejuvenation of brain and immune cells that could help explain improvements in brain function.

“ISRIB’s extremely rapid effects show for the first time that a significant component of age-related cognitive losses may be caused by a kind of reversible physiological “blockage” rather than more permanent degradation,” said Susanna Rosi, PhD, Lewis and Ruth Cozen Chair II and professor in the departments of Neurological Surgery and of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science.

“The data suggest that the aged brain has not permanently lost essential cognitive capacities, as was commonly assumed, but rather that these cognitive resources are still there but have been somehow blocked, trapped by a vicious cycle of cellular stress,” added Peter Walter, PhD, a professor in the UCSF Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator. “Our work with ISRIB demonstrates a way to break that cycle and restore cognitive abilities that had become walled off over time.”

Full article link:

32 Likes

Okay I’m super excited I woke up to this one! I had been lying on the bed for pretty much all day. It seems the ‘flu’ has got hold of me again. So I open up my eyes to play the Mstate Gold and Silver. My goodness! I felt this huge cleansing rush (later figured out to be quantum tunneling :D) picking up the pieces and putting them together. I then moved to this invaluable RBM3+ISIRB…
I don’t think I have experienced a mental and bodily state that is so “put together” like this.
From the articles and research papers, it seems like its possibilities are vastly different— it seems like it affects various parts of nervous system and cellular health more efficiently than if you’d use separate fields (or general targeting) with less induction of specific proteins, genes, or enzymes. I imagine this to be very versatile in the sense it allows for reparative approaches throughout the entire body.

Thank you Captain!
I feel 18x better now. And that here is a very accurate number. :owl:

35 Likes

I think I should take a closer look at this field :thinking:

3 Likes

This is exactly my life:
Me:

Senpai:

20201206_020445

20 Likes

That article is awesome. The drug doesnt just protect and regenerate the brain, but even helps against prostate cancer! Which suggests a very systemic mechanism of action .
Kudos to those researchers , very telling that this kind of research was only possible through a philanthropist…

23 Likes

“Experiments in mice and with human cells showed that blocking this stress response with an experimental drug – previously shown to enhance cognition and restore memory after brain damage in rodents – causes treatment-resistant cancer cells to self-destruct while leaving normal cells unaffected.”

WOOOOW

22 Likes

This thread makes me happy…not because of DW’s brilliant field (that’s boring :yawning_face:…i kid! This is a joke!)
But because this thread is how the XM forum used to run.

Instead of people asking “what’s it do?” and waiting for someone else to do their research, (there were still lots of people like that on XM),
5-10 people would go and research whether some claim about a product, idea, etc was legit/interesting/worthwhile using their own methods of inquiry.

So bravo to the participants in this thread that have done this! :clap: :star_struck:

48 Likes

I feel like you bring up your fear from this forum turning into XM instead.

My first ever life lesson (that I’m not really applying, most of the time) was from an Evanescence song:

But spoken fears can come true.

I’m just noting ‘cause I love that dude _OM and he never hesitates to give us those genuine notes. Just learning from him here. :stuck_out_tongue:

:white_flag::white_heart:

4 Likes

XM at it’s prime. Not like it is now.

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Definitely no fear for this part ;)

2 Likes

:100: :boom: :boom:

While researching last night about the ISIRB I came across something else which was quite shocking and jaw-dropping.
@Captain_Nemo is this something that you could have a look at her research :pray: the results are remarkable

Neurosurgeon Jocelyne Bloch and her colleague were studying brain samples of head trauma patients when they made an amazing discovery — brain cells with the ability to generate new cells.

Neural repair:

Meet Doublecortin-positive cells (DCX) . Similar to stem cells, they are extremely adaptable and, when extracted from a brain, cultured and then re-injected in a lesioned area of the same brain, they can help repair and rebuild it, at 8:29 minutes we can see the remarkable noticeble results.

32 Likes

Just feels amazing with the Mstate Gold & Silver.
Wondering @Captain_Nemo if entrained with the Spiritual Growth State of Being, it would lead us naturally back to Ananda. No-stress, no-Chase, back to our Natural State :pray:

11 Likes

Thank you Dreamweaver for making this. I will add it to my lengthy “brain stack”
Heck, I am not waiting, so I am (as they say) spamming this one right now!
Update: I am really feeling this one in my brain and spinal cord!
Trying to figure out how long to play this one.
Just put on my brain dogtag.
Update: Ended up playing it for a little over 1 hr. My head ended up getting very warm and my eyes bloodshot. So listened to the Healing Egg right after it, and it helped. Decided not to play other brain fields after this ( intuition), but to keep the Brain tag on. Since it is Sunday I am playing my weekly fields.

18 Likes

Hahaha was waiting on the brain junkies to jump on this one :sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

Anything that Dreamweaver/Sapien Medicine makes related to brain/spinal cord/nervous system healing I am on top of right away. Its a matter of necessary functionality to me.

20 Likes

See? We are ready for that X-Men-Dream Village now Senpaiiiiii ! Build it :pray:

5 Likes

@SC448 saw this? :smirk:

4 Likes

some of us has to hit a jackpot so to buy that village

The new album on iTunes is phenomenal. I wish it was categorized as Longevity only. I was going to put it on loop but then I realized that I’m not so sure about playing with exotics titled parasite remover and weight gainer :grinning:

3 Likes