Maha Shivaratri 2024

I didn’t know for sure either.

It seems to be Live events on YouTube, so it must be now (too) I guess.

For anyone interested, here’s a link:

Om Namah Shivaya :pray:

Also, for those who want to talk about Shiva, Whom and/or What is Shiva, please tell us (only if you want).
Also, feel free to share your experiences regarding this event/holiday and/or any (related) spiritual practice.

Thank You.

7 Likes

Hat Har Mahadev

1 Like

Yar har har Mahadev :pirate_flag:

1 Like

I felt drawn to this mantra. I will try to listen in a meditative state tonight.

1 Like

Isn’t there a field made by Captain (on Patreon I think)?

Now would be a good occasion to use it as well, I guess.

1 Like
6 Likes

Indeed.

Well,it can be used any time, but maybe it would be even better used on this holiday (?).
I’ll give it a couple listens, at least, alongside Om Namah Shivaya Mantra, since that one I know how to pronounce.

2 Likes

Yooo what?! How did I manage to somehow miss this?

6 Likes

Of all the different Shiva temples, Mahakal appeals to me the most!

• Shiva here is the consort of Kali, and this form is closest to “formless” God-Consciousness
  • Here, Shiva is worshiped by Tantric methods primarily as opposed to Vedic worship in most other shrines. Scripturally, and based on my personal experience, such shrines are very powerful (other such tantric shrines are Kamakhya in Gowhati, Kamakshi in Kanchipuram, Tara at Tarapith, Narasimha at Ahobilam, etc.)
  • The inner essence of Shiva here is of Dakshinamurti - the Guru; so those that do not have a Guru/Teacher, can accept Lord Mahakala as Guru for guidance
  • Ujjain lies at the precise spot where the Tropic of Cancer intersects the zero meridians of longitude and is described as the Navel/Dantien of the Energetic Earth
  • Mahakala is also the essence of Mrityunjaya - the form that destroys untimely and timely death, diseases, malicious entities, etc.
  • For those who do not want to perform different rituals, etc., to overcome planetary/astrological afflictions, simple solution is to invoke Mahakala
16 Likes

Wow!
Can this be done from anywhere on Earth?
(I guess so?)

Thank You for Sharing.
Your Knowledge is Next Level. :pray:

3 Likes

Absolutely! We are all the same to the Divine Father and Mother. Humans divide, Godhead unites :pray:

9 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

:sob:

The synchronicities, man.

1 Like

I fasted yesterday, I am proud of this little achievement, had a severe headache though throughout the day but it was worth it.

3 Likes

So, I did meditate with this audio from Captain from 2:15 to 3:15 because that was the only time there was complete calm at the house. I’m not used to stay up so late so I sometimes felt I went into very light sleep and then came back. However, during the times I was aware of my body I could feel a very noticeable vibration through my entire body. I can’t even explain how it felt, I thought I knew that vibration that others have talked numerous times on the forum, but this was on another level. It felt like a small earthquake was taking place inside me…
Mind blowing experience definitely.

2 Likes

Thanks for this suggestion, would certainly try! :crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like

It was my 4th Mahashivratri
I didn’t stay whole night, just for a little
But those few hours of praying have awakened something in me, the deep Love to Shiva and some awareness of him within me. I have to find a balance between my Goddess and God now :sweat_smile:
2024 has already been very transformative to me, but I feel that this night was a beginning of something bigger
Har Har Mahadev

3 Likes

Om Namah Shivaya :pray:

5 Likes

Yooo!!! I had no idea about this field, thanks a ton!!

1 Like

Let me tell you an interesting experience, that I’ve had some years ago.

As I had to take a taxi from somewhere in my town, due to a certain event (Idk which one), all the taxies were occupied and not a single free one.
I called for one and no company would send me a cab, then i decided to walk and search for one lol.

To my surprise, one single cab was parked in a station and I knew that guy, and somehow he remembered me as well lol.

Now, the interesting thing is that I repeated in my mind the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” and I prayed for a taxi, and suddenly this guy tells me, after I found him, that he prayed to Jesus (I think, or was it Mary, I’m not sure) to have one customer that needed to go towards his home, and I needed to go in that direction lol.
Whats more, he said that I appeared immediately after he prayed.

Now, could this be a coincidence?

I don’t think so.

What blew my mind was that he was praying in a Christian fashion/manner, and I used a Mantra, and back then I always had this fear in my mind that maybe Christianity has a Deity, Hindus Other Deity/Deities, etc.
I mean, I wasn’t sure of anything - and that experience proved to me that God responds to All People, regardless of Spiritual or Religious faith or practice, regardless of our perception of Him/Her and regardless of the Names we use to Honor/Worship/Understand/Connect/… With Him/The Divine/The Absolute.

3 Likes