Mahashivaratri

An Indian girl that worked at the plasma place told me that today is a celebration for Shiva? Is she correct? I’m new to Hinduism, sorry. Lol. If it is I’m going to the temple today haha.

8 Likes

Yes today is Maha Shivaratri. We are celebration it in India today. We will go to Shiva temple now. The Shivaratri time has started.

5 Likes

Uh oh… I need to find a “Shiva” temple? Or can I just go to any Hindu temple? I can’t go until later today, but I am excited! It’ll be my first. My bro ain’t answered back yet, so I’d made a thread. Lol

4 Likes

You got the om namah shivaya field from mantra meditations?
Maybe listen to it while chanting along. I’ll do that later now that I saw your post :D.

4 Likes

The temple is also inside

:)

7 Likes

The goal on Mahashivatatri is to direct awareness and life energy within (initially breath, and then the Self which is Shiva), away from the usual senses - digestion by fasting, sleep and lethargy by staying awake, lust by abstinence, chatter by keeping silence, and so on!

• Chant Om namah shivaya
  • Listen to Rudradhyaya
  • Visiting temple is also nice, but going within is thousand times better
19 Likes

Had the worst day ever. Coulda even been dead lol. Absolutely worst luck. :joy:But after just a few hours chanting “Om Shivay namah” while focusing on Shiva now I literally feel as If I had the most magical day ever. Puts me in a deep sense of worth, security, gratefulness, and love. I feel so wholesome.

7 Likes

Congrats to those that made it.

Twas hard this year not gonna lie xD

2 Likes

I chanted om namah shivaya for a bit last night with mahadeva looping. Had the most wonderful sleep.

4 Likes