Meditation and Chanting - MAHA SHIVARATRI 11th March 2021

Is this information available to us on the forum or does it come under super secret occult stuff that requires decades of learning and practice?

2 Likes

If you ask me is there a user guide on how to accomplish that, I don’t think there is :slight_smile:

A lot of Daoist traditions teach life extension techniques to their "indoor’ disciples. The famous Babaji of Kriya Yoga lineage is one popular figure (so the advanced stage of Kriya Yoga can transmute one into a light body). Traditionally, physical immortality was not taught to everyone - it was often to prolong life till one attained a spiritual goal, or it was a side effect of advanced Enlightenment that encompassed not just spiritual reality but also the material part (like the Daoist Golden Dragon Body or Rainbow Body).

And then we have our own Dream! We have the Eternity tag, Plasma Protocol, Ojas and The Crucible, and he is just starting :slight_smile: Lot more to come…

14 Likes

Yup that was what I was thinking about. There are some people I know who appear to be very close to attaining spiritual enlightenment and it would be a shame to see them die before they achieve that.

Any other ways to avoid untimely death if you’re someone who’s not in touch with a goddess like Kali? Or would simply chanting a Kali mantra help with this?

2 Likes

Very exciting indeed!

5 Likes

Yes, Divine Grace can certainly help - in whichever form, call it Kali, Shiva, Christ, Angelic, etc. Mantra is one of the many ways to connect to the Divine, an effective way, not the only way.

While we can recite mantras, do spiritual practice, etc. Grace is not guaranteed. Abhinavagupta, a great Tantric master says - the nature of Grace is mysterious. If the whole thing was - I chant x amount of mantras and I get grace, there is no difference between the Divine and a shopkeeper, as this is not merely transactional.

That said, the Universe has been empirically known to reward sincerity and hard work, so the probability of Grace is certainly higher for those that actively seek it - through prayer, meditation, service, mantras, etc.

I had two students, one who recited a certain mantra of Krishna for decades and never felt any grace. Another one, a simple all-American housewife who was not even spiritual, but wanted a mantra as her arthritis was unbearable. A month later, she was smelling fragrances, hearing flute music, and her arthritis was gone! The other guy with decades of practice was flabbergasted. Why did this lady attain grace so damn fast - was it effort from previous lifetimes, was it the quality of her efforts, or intensity of her practice, hard to say! Grace indeed is mysterious :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Can you chant mantras while asking these deities to help other people? Say I wanted Hanuman or Krishna to help with my mother’s bursitis and inflammatory pain for example.

It’s the same with audios isn’t it? Some people receive instant results. Others have to persist for a little longer to get those same results. I suppose it’s all to do with blockages.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I do this every single day. Not that different from sending healing intentions.

5 Likes

well… consider this, to qualify for Shivoham the base must be strong to support it and maintain it, which can be built with om namah shivaya or even the gayatri mantra.

18 Likes

I was planning on tapping into the Satori state and then listening to Shivoham from that state of having no thoughts so I get the full energy of it.

But like you said, the base must be strong and I might not be able to handle that amount of energy at my level, so in case it becomes overwhelming, I’ll try om namah shivaya.

3 Likes

Just a suggestion.
:wink:

10 Likes

Haha! There is so much information in just these 3 words and wink than meets the eye!

6 Likes
2 Likes

असित गिरि समं स्यात् कज्जलम् सिन्धु पात्रे
सुरतरुवर शाखा लेखनी पत्रम् उर्वी ।
लिखति यदि गृहित्वा शारदा सर्वकालं
तदपि तव गुणानां ईश पारं न याति ॥

Shloka as Romanized text

asita giri samaM syAt kajjalam sindhu pAtre
surataruvara shAkhA lekhanI patram urvI |
likhati yadi gRuhitvA shAradA sarvakAlaM
tadapi tava guNAnAM Isha pAraM na yAti ||

Meaning of the Prayer Song:

Perhaps taking the mountain of ink, dark ocean as the pot,
branch of the heavenly tree as the pen and earth as the leaf (paper)
even if shArada (divine of knowledge) write forever,
even then, Oh Ishvara, the boundaries of Your glory
cannot be found!!

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Could you explain how does golden dragon body and rainbow body differs from each other in terms of benefits and function? Which one would you personally prefer? And can we achive both at the same time? I tried to dig about golden dragon body before but didn’t find anything convenient enough. I don’t have much idea about golden dragon body but if rainbow body is what it is then I dobut one can obtain both feats at the same time. Or are the the same thing with different name? Would like to hear your explanation if you don’t mind.

Beautiful explanation Maoshan Ji
I think for most people, Kala Mrityu is when they’ve seen the faces of their grand children and “lived out their life” something like Vito Corleone in Godfather series.

1 Like

Sorry missed this one.

My primary tradition is Kashmir Tantra Tradition where we have a concept called Mahāśāmbhava śarīra (śāmbhava = śiva +śakti, aka one who has realized the Self as the perfect harmony of Shiva and Shakti).

In rdzogs chen (an esoteric school of Tibetan Buddhism), we talk of Rainbow Body. One does not need to materialize the Rainbow Body for enlightenment. It essentially means one has actualized Buddhahood. One of my teachers who attained Rainbow Body in Bhutan in the earlier part of this century has appeared in front of me and said, now he exists as “nothingness” which is essentially the stateless-state in this case. In most systems, when we say a person has achieved enlightenment, it pertains to liberation from the current matrix of Samsara, but there are higher realizations possible even beyond this stage of Arhat-hood. Such enlightened beings, after dropping their physical body on earth, move on to higher dimensions and continue their spiritual practice. The realm I am most familiar with is the Pure Land of Bodhisattvas where multiple enlightened masters have confirmed this theory (thanks to Dream who helped me establish this connection). So, Rainbow Body is a state where no higher realization is needed, or present, not just in this realm, but in other realms as well. The other purpose of Rainbow Body is for the sake of guiding others on the path.

Essentially, the duality of mind and matter is what causes us to be bound to this matrix called samsāra. There are degrees to which one can release this duality, and based on the degree, subtle elements are released into nothingness, or if the realization is full, intense, and stable, the body literally dissolves into light, sometimes leaving hair and nails/bones, and at times, not even that. However, such instances are becoming increasingly rare. The body, the mind, etc., are all constructs held together due to attachment aka duality - the more one sheds duality, the more of these covers fall away and the constructs are dissolved.

Also, in Tantra, we have the theory of elements. The origin of these is from Nothingness (or Everythingness) which is pure awareness to localized impersonal awareness and further deteriorated into duality which is the origin of material creation - starting with subtle elements (space, air, etc.) all the way till the earth, the grossest of the lot - and physical body hence is the farthest state away from Pure Consciousness. So, what then is the Rainbow Body? The reversal of this descent from Nothingness to Physical Body - and is a very difficult task.

The same phenomenon is described as Golden Dragon Body (or Golden Phoenix Body for women) in Taoist Mystery Schools (like our Maoshan school of Sorcery). The Hindu Tantric Schools call it the Shāmbhava Body. In my humble opinion, they are all the same, described based on one’s own metaphysical framework. Interestingly, when I do some Rainbow Body related practices, I always experience the presence of several Bushmen Shamans (remember the Bushmen Medicine field?) who correct energy, at times even move my body in certain positions - which makes me believe that this phenomenon was present even among ancient Shamans, who probably called it something else, probably never recorded and lost in the annuls of time. It may also be noted that Tantric Buddhism absorbed the teachings and concepts of Rainbow Body from pre-existing and much older Bon Shamanism - so these techniques are Shamanistic in origin - although, Tantric Buddhism and Daoist schools codified and systematized the process.

18 Likes

Thanks for your explanation

1 Like

The really old stuff is fun.
:smiley:

12 Likes