Meditation and Chanting - MAHA SHIVARATRI 11th March 2021

As most of them know tomorrow, 11th March is Maha Shivaratri - the auspicious night of the wedding of divine parents (Shiva and Shakti), and also the same was the time at the beginning of creation when Siva had displayed his infinite pillar of cosmic fire of consciousness(in Linga form) to Brahmā and Vishnu. Sivaratri is celebrated in remembrance of these two events.

As it’s the best time for us to evolve spiritually, let us take this opportunity to meditate, chant whatever time works individually throughout day/night. (preferably night time) Most people observe fasting and Jagaran ( awakening) on Shivaratri but plan accordingly what works for you.

Fields to loop tomorrow,

Energy Body/Aura Deep Clearing Cleaning - Optional once in beginning is enough

Raise your vibrational State - Once or twice should be enough for the day

Amplify Positive Planetary and Astrological Effects - Once enough for the day

The Torsion Field

White Light waves

mahamrityunjaya mantra from Patreon

The Essence of Mantras

Mount Kailash from Sacred Places album 2

Love Gravitation Wave

Higher Self Connection

There are many more fields (incl. environmental and others mentioned in meditation thread ) that can be added to the above including the Gumroad/ teespring fields - VoC, VoDL, VoT.

Please add any suggestions If you would like to.

18 Likes

Also, I have registered for this event (open and free) conducted by Siddha masters. I follow them personally and if anyone is interested to join for couple of hours, here are the details

edit:

Mahasivratri World Yogi Day 2021

7 Likes

The Sacred Sanctuary

And def this one. :blush:

Thank you for the invitation :clap:t3:

9 Likes
9 Likes

Oh those still up? nice.
The other albums there are not mine, another artist.

18 Likes

Have you got any particular Shiva mantras in mind @Lucky?

1 Like

Mahamrityunjay mantra and nama japa ( chant siva siva siva … )

3 Likes

Shiva can be approached in one or more of the below ways:

• Arta (distressed) - invoking Shiva for help with problems - health, entities, protection, etc.
  • Artharthi (seeking material benefits) - job, prosperity, money, manifestation, etc.
  • Jignasu (Seeker) - A seeker who wants to understand the bigger picture and is curious like the child, enabled by sincerity. He wants to understand who Shiva is, or what reality is like?
  • Jnani (the Wise) - Already knows that Shiva is the effulgent Self (self) - and is found Within as one’s own Divinity and All-Pervading Consciousness.

This hymn, a favorite of mine, is representing the fourth approach, where the ecstatic saint affirms again and again, “Shivoham” - “Shiva is I”.

Shivoham - Shiva is I
Shiva-svarupoham - Shiva is my True Nature
Nityoham - I am Eternal
Shuddoham - I am ever Pure
Buddoham - I am fully Awakened
Muktoham - I am ever Free (liberated)
Advaitam - I am non-dual consciousness
Anandarupam - I am ever expanding Bliss
Arupam - I am Formless (nameless, attribute-less consciousness)
Brahmoham - I am the Supreme, non-dual Divinity
Chidoham - I am the Blissful Consciousness-Vibration (called Chit-Shakti or Divine Mother)
Sacchidanandoham - I am Truth-Consciousness-Bliss personified

Also, on Shivaratri, one can invoke various forms of Shiva. It is one Shiva energy but manifests as different forms with different utilities (like the very same electricity performing different functions via different gadgets).

• Rudra, the Cosmic Destroyer who recycles the creation at the end of celestial cycles
  • Dakshinamurti, the ever-silent Teacher figure who grants all knowledge - secular and spiritual
  • Sharabha, the mystical lion-bird that destroys foes, internal and external
  • Mrityunjaya, the death-destroyer who protects from diseases and untimely death, and grants immortality
  • Nilakantha - grants immunity from poisons, internal (emotional) and external
  • Nataraja - the cosmic dancer, who grants awareness of the subtle vibration inherent in creation, and the knowledge of Ajapa (the science of breath)
  • Bhairava, from who all branches of Tantra originate and who protects those that invoke him
  • Kalabhairava - the personification/guardian of Time
  • Mahakala - the aspect which transcends time and grants one Timelessness (and consort of Goddess Kali, the state of transcendence of time and space).
  • Vyomavyapi - the aspect which grants awareness of transcendence over Space
  • Or ultimately as Kameshvara, Love personified, love that is free of lust, desire, wants, but unconditional and liberating.
20 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow… I heard this one on one of the mantra channels I used to listen to… I was blown away by the feelings it brought! I didn’t realize how it was a different state back then. Shiva is the first I connected to and I have a special spot for Him. :))

Speaking of that, mind directing us to some reliable mantra sources? Some of the authentic ones, would help with tomorrow as well!

8 Likes

The fourth approach is the non dual path of the mystic, yes?

2 Likes

Ahh! Those stay :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:
Priceless connections!

5 Likes

Yes, one graduates from the other three eventually to the fourth (at least that should be the goal). Sort of like climbing the pyramid of evolutionary consciousness. From basic survival, to abundance to spiritual seeking to Non-duality.

7 Likes

Would you say that meditating to Shivoham for an hour tomorrow (for Mahashivaratri) would be fruitful in that case?

2 Likes

By A.R Rehman

4 Likes

That may help. This hymn does capture some energy from the state of non-duality in which it was composed. However, for most, such a state requires hard, dedicated spiritual practice.

6 Likes

This might be off topic, but today I was reflecting on this subject as yesterday there was a very unfortunate event here where I live : it was a teenager who went to catch a ball that went into the river and got himself drawn by the water.
It got me feeling very sorry for him tbh and thinking of the circumstances.

What can cause an untimely death…? I know that are many forces at play and that there is no one simple explanation. Perhaps a soul choice? But how it can be untimely?

6 Likes

I am placing all my collection one by one, bear with me :slightly_smiling_face: it’s exciting time …

Shri Rudram

6 Likes

Awesome. That’s all I need to level up. Shivoham it is then.

2 Likes

It is indeed difficult to classify death into Kala-mrityu (timely death) and Akala-mrityu (untimely death), other than perhaps for awakened folks.

The nature of the physical body is death and decay - so most have to die. Death as such here would be “timely death”. Now, what is “timely” for a given individual? Hard to say. Some folks attribute it to karma, some others to a pre-determined span of life (ayus), etc. But do I know for sure, not really haha… I do however know that there are many alchemists and yogis who can bend this law of “timely death” and extend lifespan. My Daoist teacher is “very” old and hides in Kunlun mountains (he has great great grandchildren lol). Another one has “changed” bodies (I’ve seen it once) and extended life span. So there’s that stuff too lol

As for untimely death, it is death before one’s soul purpose is accomplished, so I would think in such cases the choice is not really the soul’s. Suicide is one such thing (although there are complexities here based on different cases). This can be avoided by Divine Grace (I wrote about my experience here).

So, what is timely vs untimely, what causes either of them, is one’s lifespan pre-determined? I can only speculate as I have no clue :slight_smile:

Mrityunjaya can help with both - mitigate the untimely death, and in the case of timely, mitigate the fear of death (aka limited existence where the self identifies itself as limited to the Body-Mind complex).

The mantra literally says - lead me from Death to Immortality (can be physical immortality, or of the dawning of immortal consciousness that already IS, but not recognized due to all the dirt that covers the mirror of consciousness).

12 Likes