Music Thread 🎵

5 Likes

The coolest member of the Rolling Stones has passed.

Here a solo collaboration with the Danish Radio Big Band.

1 Like

This one is dedicated to @_OM, @Kyle_Reese, and anyone else thinking that The Cure is all about tears and fears inside dark forests :p Not even mentioning others like The Lovecats, etc.

Plus, matches well with the spirit promoted for fields in here: “get up and take action” :grimacing:

1 Like

Sending links to imaginary The Cure songs

“A” for effort, though :clap:t3::clap:t3:

:wink:

1 Like

Btw, I did search it up on YouTube…

Good stuff :+1:t3:

1 Like

Laughed hard when I saw your first post :joy: (the song is called Gone! by the way, if there’s anyone worried about this highly important subject :p ).

Isn’t it… Some motivating effect (musically as well) :)

1 Like

My first and last and only post in the thread…

Please don’t denigrate The Cure’s legacy with some “positive” message. Even his songs with happy lyrics were in minor, sad keys with brash angry guitar riffs and driving drumlines.

Before there was Soul Restoration (Heart Storage Center) there was this seminal album to release one’s anguish…

Also including this song and album by Damien Rice as #2 for “I’m brokenhearted beyond all repair” purging and releasing albums.

Now that I’ve brought down the thread with these woefully depressing but cathartic albums, I exit the thread to never be seen again…

4 Likes

Denigrate? A little harsh word towards someone who appreciates both sides of that band since ever :)))

It was just in response to our small talk in the meme thread, meaning “we don’t listen to them just to hit the bottom and release heavy emotional dark load”. Even if that side of theirs is surely undeniable ;)

As a musician who used to play some of their songs, I have to disagree. Doesn’t apply to “all” their songs.

Anyway :))