Music Thread 🎵

It’s a really old song from the 70s and way before my time when it first came out but I think it’s about a guy on vacation/holiday getting mugged in Jamaica and the culture feeling ‘alien’ to him while he’s down there.

I just thought the lyrics were quite funny to be honest lol…

1 Like

Man, those 70s and generally older songs have such nice, simpler and more natural vibes and sounds.
Love them.

Back when

{if Music would have a profile picture, that gif would be the representative one lol}

Edit: we still got good music though and I used to love these guys music (still like it, just that I listen rarely):

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Well the music in those days was different to what it is like now because the songs told more of a story rather than just repeated mantras or the same old usually claptrap of singing about money, tits and ass that you get today. I honestly hope we can go back to the kind of music our parents and grandparents had in their era but I doubt it will ever come back.

Not all songs have a ‘grandpa’ kind of vibe to them ya know, believe it or not some of them are pretty cool man :sunglasses: like these ones…

Sam and Dave- Hold On I’m Coming (1966)

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)

The Rolling Stones - Jumpin’ Jack Flash (1968)

The Lovin’ Spoonful - Summer in the City (1966)

The Animals - House of The Rising Sun (1964)

If you liked that song (Dreadlock Holiday- 10cc) I shared 4 days ago, you’ll definitely like this one too because this has some good lyrics as well.

I don’t think many people know what this song is really about because there’s not enough data around it but from rumours, some say its either about Vietnam War veteran that use to regularly visit a heroin den or an alcoholic that regularly visited a brothel in New Orleans.

The Stranglers - Golden Brown (1981)

This is another honourable mention if you liked HOTRS and Dreadlock Holiday. This song is so British it literally colonised my computer lol

Basically it’s about a heroin or an opium-induced dream. Golden Brown is just another term for heroin or opium I think.

I don’t know about that, I would say music today aint shit because video killed the radio star… as they say.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A very depressing song but an underrated masterpiece that tells a sad story. If you actually listen the lyrics along with the tone of the music and the context of it, this song has some real deep profound meaning.

“All the lonely people, where do they all come from?.. where do they all belong?”

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

self love 101

:heart::heart::heart::heart::smiley::smiley:

1 Like