Music Thread 🎵

@anon26800771 ^ :fire:

2 Likes

A year has passed since the disappearance of this star

2 Likes

So is our dance complete… our work here is done … for now.

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Sharing this, as a requiem, with my utmost respect and admiration:

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

Do you like 80s music?

Have you ever heard of this? She says she wants to get down tonight.

4 Likes

Yes, from the 80s and 70s, for the latter I also bought the bass guitar dedicated to the rhythms of those years.
I love Donna Summer, especially this song

4 Likes
2 Likes

Are you listening?

5 Likes

@Alkul
I prefer the Toploader cover version instead (Dancing in the Moonlight)…

Some famous covers, as you know, I think are actually better than the originals. Like these, for instance…

Simone- Felling Good (Original)

(Cover)

Rod Stewart- Handbag & Gladrags (Original)

(Cover)

Prince- Nothing Compare 2 U (Original)

(Cover)

Sun is Shining- Bob Marley (Original)

(Cover)
This is a famous cover version by the way, they’ve just made it in to a House track instead.

Would you say all these covers are better? I suppose I could be wrong because it’s all subjective in the end, I guess. There’s a lot more out there but these are some that I know of.

Yeah, it was released in 1979, but do you think the feel of it is more 80s rather than 70s? It’s hard to tell sometimes for me since I’m not from that era.

3 Likes

Are you referring to Sun Is Shinning? I’d say it was very advanced, so advanced that the sound seems more late 80’s to me. That battery and those bpm, they seem characteristic of those years, that is
I used to dance to this music in '88/'89 but mostly 1990, so that’s amazing.

1 Like

No, I mean the song by Donna Summer (Hot Stuff). The Bob Marley cover was just in response to Alkul. Sorry if I confused you, I thought you would of known, reasons why i placed the comment meant for you under your quote.

Apparently with the new rules, we now have to respond to multiple users in one comment when we post rather than posting multiple comments at once.

2 Likes

Can I call you rooose?

1 Like
4 Likes