Nihilism Thread

I agree 10000%.

My driving force has been the joy of exploring for the sake of it for a while now. The only reason I pump any of it into income generators is because this body likes food :rofl:

But even then, knowing that it’s all interwoven, I do my best to act in service and generate win-win scenarios for myself and my clients.

1 Like

Bingo.

Language is “in game” or “content” and therefore has a very difficult time actually describing what’s outside of the frame.

2 Likes

Definitely.

Have you seen the movie “Arrival”?

Language is not only an expression of our inner space but it also defines and creates it.

I’ve moved on to a different modality: I treat it like an avatar. I don’t shrink away from the act of identification, but I always hold that it is ultimately a construct. Like a video game character I am building and playing. The paradox held seems to be the most freeing. I can fully appreciate who I am in this life while fully embracing that it is all nothing.

2 Likes

DMT trip be like

hahaha

2 Likes

Of course. Loved that movie. One of the best SciFi movies I’ve seen in years. (Denis Villanueve is astounding) Humans are very unaware of how much language has shaped their reality since its conception. It’s a fascinating subject I’d like to read more on.

That’s a good way to see it. I game for fun and I do identify with the characters. It makes it more fun and gets you in the game more if you do so. But obviously that identification is temporary and not something that stays. I should apply this more to life.

Well I also do improv acting sometimes. And I identify with characters temporarily in the same sense. I remembered getting the realization some time ago, that I should Improv through life. And not get too stuck on any ideas or thoughts. It’s all fleeting. Being completely present but detached is the goal.

2 Likes

True that. Since it’s one of the main veils that prevents us from experiencing reality without filter lol. That’s a huge part of the storyteller aspect of our mind.

4 Likes

Improv through life is a great frame. I think more people would benefit if they tried it!

1 Like

Over the years, I have picked up and dropped so many perspectives, it seems to have just left me in a state of being incommunicado. :upside_down_face:

1 Like