November 2022 Sale

Hey did you get the VPN to work for you?
In the past I have never had an issue using the VPN but for some reason this time no matter what I tried it would not process the payment.
In the end I just had to suck it up and pay the VAT as I am still grateful for the discount code :slight_smile:
I hope you had more luck :crossed_fingers:

I couldn’t make it work. Tried different VPN for an hour and I gave up and paid. Gumroad sucks

That’s a pity :frowning:
At least we know we are buying great products :raised_hands: and thankful for the discount :slight_smile: …….but it would be nice to see the audios being sold on a different platform for the likes of us who get hit with VAT :crossed_fingers:

now sites determine the location by several parameters. it would be good to change not only vpn programs, but to use other browsers.

It’s not the platform that’s the culprit of VAT. VAT is a product of your local politicians (if you’re subject to VAT). The platforms (such as Gumroad)–will platforms are simply obeying your local laws and collecting the VAT that your local politicians have imposed.

Up until now, forum friends have been using VPNs in order to dodge their local tax laws. It seems that Gumroad may have closed that loophole.

I know that sucks, but it’s not a Gumroad (or Platform X) issue. The issue is with the folks assessing the VAT (your local politicians).

3 Likes

a prepaid bank card issued in the USA can save the situation

2 Likes

Some international prepaid card like Revolut or Transferwise could too.

3 Likes

I used my wise card routinely with VPN and I avoid those Vats

1 Like

@WellBeing This is so true. I was too quick to shoot the messenger (Gumroad) when really it is not the fault of the platform as you have pointed out but actually a law imposed by local governments :frowning:

Another reason for me to feel controlled by the local politicians :sob:

@estambul , @aether and @Nice2knowU That is brilliant thank you for the advice I will try that next time :grinning:

2 Likes

What’s everything that’s not the local politicians that you control?

1 Like

I suppose everything else in my life apart from their imposed policies and laws :thinking: even though I try to avoid some of them :grinning: …Good point though @WellBeing I need to stop feeling victimized :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s right! And as you focus on–really focus on and count and pay attention to all that everything else in your life apart from that other piece,

I wonder when you’ll realize how much bigger and more enlivening and empowering and more satisfying that bigger, empowering portion of your life really is.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom @WellBeing and calling out my victim mentality :see_no_evil:
You are so right it feels so much better to realise my own power :grinning:
Cheers for your insight :+1:

You could take this to a private chat with @Captain_Nemo simply click on his name and message him with i am sure it will be cleared up a soon as he is available :)

No, no, no, my friend. Not calling out you (or anyone else). Never. Just inviting you to your power.

And you! You, Courageous One, are loving yourself so much that you’re moving more fully into your power. Good for you! (Those trifling politicians don’t stand a chance against Courageous and Empowered You. Ha.)

3 Likes

@WellBeing well thank you kindly for helping me to see it from a different perspective your insight has been empowering :grinning:

Have a blessed day :sunflower: :pray:

2 Likes