Our World in 2050

Yeah I should have also written:
“It would be funny if it happens”
With written messages this is always a problem … people don’t get to see the emotion behind as much as the spoken world … best is a face to face communication even then misunderstanding happen all the time.

It’s is amusing how difficult it is to exactly communicate thoughts between two people even when we have so many words in any language

Just an observation … won’t derail the thread any further :hibiscus:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree text cannot always convey the exact meaning and sometimes not even face to face communication, 1000s of years of evolution and we haven’t figured out how to effectively communicate, I am hoping next level of evolution, telepathy would fix that.

You have asked for everyone’s perception. What is yours? How do you envision the world in 2050 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for asking this @BureaucraTT. And I should have actually shared my own already … my bad.

So these are the changes I think the world in next quarter century will go through:

:small_blue_diamond: There will be one international language - English. It already is but still it will take over completely. We won’t really need google translate since every literate person would know English regardless of the country they belong to.
:small_blue_diamond: There will be a device with every single person which will be there identity and this device won’t be the mobile phones that we have now… they will be compressed to almost a chip size which can be worn like say a ring if they are not implanting it within our bodies… they can then project from this device and do whatever … they won’t need anything else
:small_blue_diamond: Spiritually the world will advance a lot … a lot … people will become truly spiritual more rather than ritualistic. The rare spiritual experiences like OBE, Kundalini etc will be an everyday thing. Religious boundaries will fade away and so will the religious wars
:small_blue_diamond:Alien contact will be a well established and open thing. There will be open exchange of information between various planes
:small_blue_diamond: AI will get stronger ofcourse but not as we know it now.
:small_blue_diamond:Medical science will progress tremendously but so will the kinds of diseases. In all the suffering due to ill health will remain the same
:small_blue_diamond: Relationships… All types will completely change forms from what we know it now
:small_blue_diamond: Alternative healing modalities will be as main stream as so called scientific treatments
:small_blue_diamond: Mental health will totally improve but not physical
:small_blue_diamond: Planes will fly five times faster… sonic booms will be tackled
:small_blue_diamond: Space exploration will be way too advanced and so will be space pollution
:small_blue_diamond: There could as well be one world currency … financial systems will change forms. Ofcourse paper money won’t exist
:small_blue_diamond: International and inter cultural boundaries will diminish with super flexible world
:small_blue_diamond: Telepathy could as well be developed

So many more things can be said about it…
But I truly see the world getting better in most ways if not all. In my opinion world in terms of human life has always got better and better since the ancient civilisations and it will continue to get better.

3 Likes

I feel these are all realisitic, Elon already got the approval to test brain implants. Here in India too, English is being taught extensively as a complusory language in schools. The uneducated too can understand if not speak due to the British influence.

Ahh, aliens! we are being primed for a massive revelation, could be a distraction and time will tell what they are actually planning.

I would love to see Sapien Med becoming mainstream. Comes with a risk but I believe Capt is more than capable to handle.

You shared a very cool perspective, love it!

1 Like

All the nations of the world will come together under one banner and billions of people will join together in an attempt to beg food from Philip Weiss I, the Earth’s ruler.

3 Likes

Screencap is from??

1 Like

Philip slaying it with providing all the brain fields with one hand and taking away food with other :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m saying it out loud with the full confidence that none of you will stop me :smirk:

3 Likes

Lol, I am currently listening to a lecture about French Revolution on split screen.

2 Likes

Yeah cause no one needs food when they got fields :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Foundation. It’s pretty similar to what you described/our world. But VR is non-existent basically.

Ok not that similar now that I re-read it but it reminded me of it somehow. Basically it is anything with one ruler/empire.

Philip Weiss I would be even worse…

1 Like

Is it worth the watch?
Haven’t watched a series in a long time, my last sci fi watch was The Peripheral which I felt was underwhelming.

1 Like

Then no xD

I’ve watched it cause I started it, left it half-way, and now ran out of shows or movies.

Only if you have nothing better to watch.

(The peripheral is a “Rick&Morty” paced acid trip compared to Foundation xD)

1 Like

In time, the man called the old god back
“Look,” he cried, “what my people lack!
One lord rules over all the earth
And we’re all his slaves from the hour of birth”

Probably something different though :slightly_smiling_face:

Still supporting Dr_Manhattan presidency. If not this year…2028 *fingers crossed.

Or we can always do a coup.