Peace of Mind is King

Are debates worth it?

I’m starting to think that peace of mind is Much more important, so I think I’ll try to avoid any hot topic or discussion (and perhaps most discussions for that part), unless I absolutely have to do it.

I’ll keep it “Professional”, I came here for health, not for debates.

3 Likes

I think so. For any meaningful progress they are.
After all, what about peer-reviewed science, etc?
It’s necessary.

Regarding the hot topics here - you can just view it to see where everybody is at at this moment in their life and path.

Its all evolution

1 Like

Like with many other things it depends.
Why are you debating? Is there a possibility to learn something? Understanding, insight…?
Do you enjoy the mental stimulation?
Is it just debating to debate, to distract you/others, fill some void?
Do you feel attacked bc you fully identify with a point you’ve made? Or triggered bc somebody voiced a point that hurts your ego?

e.g. I like a lot of your questions here bc they make me reflect on myself more =mental stimulation + growth.

But often times, ones energy is better invested in something else. There is so much talk just for talk sake. If you engage in a debate you should at least understand why you are doing so.

I’ve read somewhere that debating with stupid people is like playing chess with a pigeon.
Even if you win they just shit on the board and leave, thinking they’ve beaten you.
There is truth to that.

Chose your “battles” wisely.

2 Likes

The key word is at this moment, literally, as in the same day I’m more positive or on the contrary, and so on…

Again, it can be any of those reasons.

Thank you. :pray:

Yes, that would be my number one reason to choose something which gives me peace of mind, instead of hot debates.

1 Like

Let’s have a debate to decide that :joy:

Most of them are time wasting, you can’t change people, making someone accept a new thing or change their beliefs is like killing their ego or part of their ego and ego doesn’t like death.

So, largely not worth. One big secret people who are spiritual or act have the biggest egos, facts of life. :joy_cat:

2 Likes