Phishing Alert! (UPDATE; It's LEGIT)

I just received this email

it seems like they gathered my email from Gumroad.

edit:

I clicked on the link (takes you to the gumroad page) and it seems like it’s not a phishing attempt. Seems like it’s a new marketing tactic the team is using to bring awareness to new products.

I mentioned it was a phishing attempt but disregard that, felt the need to quickly bring this up to the forum to prevent other less savy folks from falling into a trap.

nothing to worry about :)

sorry to alarm everyone :/

15 Likes

Done. Thanks for the quick PSA. :+1:

1 Like

I got it too…reported…

main-qimg-136839f544cca69855c57a19c86e0eea

5 Likes

I got this email as well. You can tell that it’s not from Sapien or Gumroad by the sender email address:

morganmarian504@gmail.com

1 Like

edit:

sorry folks, it’s not a phishing attempt.

1 Like

Hi star, i took it upon myself to click on the link and it took me to the gumroad site.

I believe this is a new marketing technique to promote new fields that come out.

sorry for the alert.

3 Likes

I still wouldn’t click on anything that isn’t from Sapien or Gumroad itself. That’s just me. :)

Edit - If it’s taking you to Gumroad, then the marketing email address would show Gumroad … right? Suspect.

1 Like

yes that’s true, only Sammy or Dream can confirm.

1 Like

Where did he scrape the list. Not from sapienshop I dont use that email for orders. Its either here, youtube comments or gumroad or something. Has the data been compromised at some point?

Yup confirmed. Its from Sapien’s Team, so don’t worry :slight_smile:

Nevertheless, it is better to not click on email IDs you do not recognize.

6 Likes

hmm morganmarian504@gmail.com and “This is you for you, my friend” sounds scammy as f and pajeet.

What happened there at the team? New marketing assistant?

1 Like

But why “I’m Sorry!” as the subject though?

Yea really why choose such a title, plus with a very phishing vauge body text and suspicious download link… The email design overall is… LoL

I didn’t get this email though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

you’re not cool enough LOL

jk jk.

1 Like

Just fishing for another phisher.

No worries.

7 Likes

I haven’t received this email but have seen this trick. I don’t know how it works, but it’ll look like it’s an email from someone you know, but if you tap on more details, it’ll show it’s actually not the real email

Check junk mail, in my case it was there