Please explain your choice of avatar

I am also an empath
I feel it’s a curse
Upon reading your experience I will not put my selfie anywhere as I am very vulnerable psychic attacks & narcissist magnet

3 Likes

That’s a great idea for a thread :smiley:

Except for a short period of time, I have always been reluctant to post pictures of myself, especially as an avatar.

Yes, I could totally see that. I’m so glad we are finding the tools here to protect ourselves now :relieved: It’s really a huge relief for me. I’ve gotten a lot of ‘evil eye’ over the years :roll_eyes:

But I saw so many people with nice avatars here, so I wanted to change it to something else than a plain “K”, lol. I picked a small image detail from the horsehead nebula. I’ve always loved images from across the universe, from stars, planets, and nebulas; since I was a small kid already. The colors and shapes are so aesthetic-looking and magical :sparkles: :milky_way:

I own a beautiful amethyst crystal ball with pretty reflection patterns. When uploaded, my avatar also started to remind me of such a crystal ball, so I went with it :smiley:

10 Likes

i chose my current profile pic because i love the idea of someone getting a taste of their inner beauty when they read my post!

19 Likes

All these great answers…
I just chose mine because I thought it was funny, matching the username :sweat_smile:

Before I had a picture I took in the mountains.

14 Likes

How very thoughtful of you!

I actually copied @Dr_Manhattan’s concept when he used to have Antoine Lavoisier as his avatar and picked Indian king, Shivaji’s portrait as my avatar. Thought it was a nice move away from my former Patrick Batemanesque persona, especially after my embarrassing escapade on the music thread.

13 Likes

No embarassing , just evolution my man :muscle:

14 Likes

Inspired not copied :+1:

10 Likes

I agree. Beauty is so important yet it’s a too often underrated quality. I like this Buckminster Fuller quote on it…

Well, yes, I agree completely! Choices must be made…;)

5 Likes

A good choice. But an equally good choice would be to do as @anon46520955 did and work on mitigating your vulnerabilities until you’ve gotten beyond them. That is, take what you perceive as your weakness and transform it, day by day, into a strength. Entirely up to you. But consider this, any tool can be a curse until you learn to use it correctly. Then it becomes a gift. It’s always up to you.

For example, you could use the image of that super strong avatar as the shell you grow into. Sooner or later you learn how to fill out the shell. It takes work & practise but, as @anon46520955 demonstrated, it could pay off in the end.

Be brave @Panatvai , especially here where you are among friends.

2 Likes

I’ve always had a fascination/affinity with the constellation Orion It would explain my fascination with the lovely orb you created.

Seems to me you found the right place for that with all the protective energy and fields here. One other thing you might try is to take a salt bath (I favor epsom salt, if you’re in the US, but any salt will do) from time to time. In addition to the various fields available here, it can do wonders for cleaning and healing the aura (which makes one vulnerable to attack) as well as getting rid of parasitic beings.

Thank you for sharing! I look forward to more interesting conversations, especially those that involve what you see in your crystal ball. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mission accomplished! Thank you! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

I like it! It’s a hoot! (Pun Intended!)

Not the least of which is because monkeys can be wise, but they can also rip your face off.

…just sayin’

(Nice to meet you @MonkeyOwl )

4 Likes

it seems @Dr_Manhattan is a bit of an inspirational figure around here, what with inspiring Mundane Choirs and now avatar themes…well done @Dr_Manhattan !

I have yet to find these but when I do, I look forward to reading up on your shenanigans.

In the meantime, it’s nice to meet you @Dewbob! Thank you for responding to my thread!

3 Likes

So @Dr_Manhattan , to what do you attribute all this inspirational mojo? Is there a field or stack recipe you can share ?

2 Likes

all I can say is, it was a tough one choosing mine :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Well, yes. I can see that. Given your droll sense of humor, may I suggest you add an exclamation point after your “E”…it would lend a bit of foreshadowing of the hilarity that may ensue!

2 Likes

I prefer jokes said with a straight serious face ahah ;)

2 Likes

Fair enough…carry on then

2 Likes

Hey Bro
Correct me me if I am wrong
Isn’t your image is of Lord Shree Shivaji Maharaj

1 Like

Understood. Standing down.

2 Likes