Please explain your choice of avatar

Hello! In the course of reading the posts, I find myself curious about people’s choice of avatar. Specifically the thinking behind it and why they chose to use it to represent them in this forum. I find I’m intrigued by the beautiful art and curious choices and hope many/most are comfortable and willing to share.

I can go first…so I use a picture of my son. (I am his Mom, btw) Not only is he adorable in his circus barker disguise, I feel he represents me in that he projects my most basic, and I hope my best, qualities - fun & open.

20 Likes

You are relatively new to the forum

I used to have pics of cats (cartooned ones) I love cats, i feel strongly like their energy lol and i have 2

Then i used to posts pics of me (ah that time gave me a weird feeling) but i did it with intention, its said all over all the time that people can reach your mind, soul, energy, aura etc through your pics which is true, so its weird to remember that I post selfies on my fb or instagram (not too often) to a whole crowd lots whom i barely know, yet here itd feel like “omg im putting my whole self at risk with this pic” perhaps because in this forum people is more focused on energy work and every ones is developing different skills, being the first to manipulate energy.

I was all my life a big highly sensitive empath (ahh it feels so good that i cannot see myself saying “I am an Empath” because before that would mean that i would absorb all the :poop: from everybody and the world and i had to be protecting myself more than normal people, but not anymore :smirk_cat: i am still and will always be highly sensitive but i just dont want weak labels on me no moh lol )

So i used to post my selfies to test the abilities that i was practicing through the fields and forum to protect myself, to shield myself etc so i could switch the fear for empowerment. It worked :slightly_smiling_face:

Then i used to put closed up of my eyes, because a lot of times (still with a very bruised ego) i would give my opinions in the forum and sounded combative and rude, and i am far from that, i am actually very loving but it wasnt showing lol

But eyes never lie, eyes are the souls window, so i wanted ppl to see that i had no malice or negativity to spread around but love, i was just in the process of healing myself.

The one i currently have is a painting of one of my favorite artist, which is also a very wise man and like honestly not of this world and it reflects in his creations, this one big looks like an alien but in the circle of the pic looks like a close up of the moon, happy moon, observing through its third eye with a drop of elixir that is uhm personally important to me, i wasnt expecting it to look like the moon which is my name and what resonates to my core but i was pleasantly surprised when it looked like the moon i am, a happy colorful one, so i dont think i will be changing this one any time soon.

:heart:

22 Likes

I was high on something and took a photo of the sunset and watched it straight for 30 min just stayed there without thoughts and movements like I was hypnotised and realized later on the evening something very beautiful.
The whole day was pure magic and creative I draw some pictures but without any plan at all I just moved my hand without thinking mutch I danced the whole day and was just happy
This day connected me more with the inner child in me

Always when I see this picture I remember that day
It is also my smartphone backround

Here is the whole photo

23 Likes

One courageous attitude. Gee… I never imagined it that way :clap:t2:

Your post was moving…

Sounded familiar in some ways… :p But yes, you are a marshmallow rice square!

@VMMS late welcome and thank you for having inspired my new novel by drawing attention on Philip’s mundane choirs :p

Interesting thread idea and your son looks adorable indeed :)

My profile pic is a red head like me (under specific lights), a woman or a man according to the bro-pm’s, etc. I receive lol but doesn’t matter that much at the end of the day.

There’s an armor on the character (combative one) but at the same time she “surrenders to something greater” (ouuuuu that cliché… but that’s how it is lol). “My journey” (ok… not very inspired today :)))

Another version of Armor of Light and Glory, maybe ;)

20 Likes

Exactly like you are…

Surrendering but still looking high

Surrendering with pride on what is been done

Surrendering but not out of weakness, in a book of one of my favorite writers (if you havent read that one i recommend it to you and tell me after if it wont become your bible :sunglasses::relieved:) “Manual of the Warrior of Light” by Paulo Coehlo.
It says “the Warrior of Light knows when to leave a battle, and it does not mean he is weak or hes been defeated, he knows that in order to win he must surrender and retreat to heal and prepare before his come back”

I highly recommend this book to you. You will love it

:heart:

“A marshmallow rice square” :laughing::nerd_face:

7 Likes

:sob: :heart:

Those lines are probably among the most honoring ones I’ve ever received… Gracias Lunita :pray:t2:

Haven’t read that one from him, you bet if I will do now!

That’s from one of my favorite movies Pleasantville, the characters were eating those at breakfast ;))

6 Likes

I expect you crying and crazy dancing feeling empowered like never before :muscle:t4: And share it with Me!

5 Likes

I’ll do that, already on my way to order it or I’ll check the book store tomorrow :tulip:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story here. Your Moon avatar is fantastic…reminiscent of a shamanic trickster moon. Just the thing a Mars in Pisces would whip up. Well done @anon46520955.

4 Likes

Birth of Venus, a favorite painting by Sandro Botticelli.
Simple as that. :wink:

14 Likes

That’s so beautiful @Shendos . I think I would get high just watching it! Thank you!

4 Likes

haha! It was great, wasn’t it??!

I’ve admired that picture from the first, it conveys a sense of strength & beauty for sure. It made me think of Joan of Arc (maybe because of the armor) but with better hair. And when you self referenced as “Merida” (from the movie “Brave”…in another post, the exact one I can’t recall), that sealed the deal…from there on out that’s how I picture you in my mind.

Nice to meet you as well. Thank you for responding to my post. I look forward to many more interesting conversations.

5 Likes

Ah, Paulo Coehlo…so many bon mots, not the least of which is above. sigh Excellent choice @anon46520955

3 Likes

I love it! I have a small statute of it but it’s not like the original Botticelli. Are you from Firenze?

3 Likes

Haha! No I’m from Sweden!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, I can see that. There’s definitely self expression going on there…in a kind of Keanu Reeves, striving, mad scientist kind of way.

In a sense, a reflection of us all. Well said.

4 Likes

Close enough! :sunglasses:

What is it about the Venus that inspires you, if I may ask?

3 Likes

Love the colors. Love colors in general too. The play between nuances.
Of course, the goddess of love and beauty says something about myself too. I’m all about love. And beauty. With beauty I mean recognizing the source in everything. The joy and grace.

There is a slight resemblance between me and the picture. Though I’m not surfing around on a sea shell all day. And I got bigger boobs…:wink:

11 Likes

Hahaha

The problem with having a vivid imagination is that i imagine everything i read :laughing:

6 Likes

Me too!:laughing:

5 Likes