Praying for Others Style Question

If reading sacred scriptures is one way to pray for others, Can the same be applied for reciting mantras/meditating in like ode to them?

Sometimes reading Gurmukhi (Gurbani’s written form- think: as Sanskrit is for the Vedas) gives me a headache so what I’ve noticed is I’ve found it easier, more comfortable to take one of the lines and continually recite it. Plus that way I know for sure I’m not messing up the pronunciation.

Another reason: My concentration becomes poor the further along I read as I’m not used to reading for 2-4 hours a day anymore, plus I don’t want to disrespect it by not fully focusing; It’ll take time to rebuild up to.

So yes reciting:
Can that be used the same way as one holds a paat / reads sacred scriptures for another?
It just feels more comfortable or natural for me for now. But if the answer is not really,
Then I’ll just go back to bettering my stamina
Please give me your honest take,

Thank you :hibiscus:

3 Likes

I think intention and effort go a long way. Better to offer an imperfect prayer or mantra than nothing at all. Improve at your own rate.

We live in a fallen age. Do what you can do in the moment. It’s on the higher order beings to pick it up from there.

2 Likes

You’re answer warms my heart. :slight_smile:
Thank you.
I’ve decided to get more acquainted with the letters again for the next few days. I have about till the end of July to complete the reading of SGGS for ‘em so if I get more used to the alphabet now, I think I should be good to go.

Thanks once again @Replay! :dove:

1 Like

I was wondering if it would be good to play the love gravitational wave while praying for others. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I don’t see why not
Any particular reason for that audio though?
Love trying to get love waves towards them or have those love ways connect you/ immerse you deeper into your praying

1 Like

Yeah something like that. I feel like since it’s a love wave, it can add some oomph to the good thoughts