Projet Mérovingien {or History from French viewpoint} {Next: Deutschland} - - History Thread - The Many Manly Men of History, War and Civilizations

Baghdad, Babylon and Sumer

Brief Summary:
This city and the surrounding areas, including ruins of the old Babylon [(where the Western World has its Origins, another location being Egypt (and the Levant)], has a Magnificent History.

For Centuries it was The Heartbeat of (some of) the first Great Powers, then, later, it was the Capital of the Caliphate, where knowledge about all sorts of subjects dwelled, in The House of Wisdom, THE “Center of Learning” (centuries before, it used to be The Great Library of Alexandria), the place which housed the largest section of books in the world.

For Centuries, Baghdad was truly The Heart of The Civilized World (only rivaled by a few cities throughout the World, including Constantinople), being an unrivaled center of education, medicine, commerce, philosophy and science.

(Edit) Searching for articles on the influence of Babylon on the Western Civilization I found a simple introduction here:

(to be continued, maybe)

2 Likes

OK, back to more modern settings, and here we find a Country which completely reshaped Human Society (and no, I’m not talking about Britain, America or France, to name some of the most influential Countries of the last couple centuries), and that’s Germany.

Now, all these claims (we invented this and that), ALL The Big Players Claim They Invented or Improved Everything, but we should never fail to Give Credit, where Credits Due - And here’s an interesting clip (a short):

1 Like

Disclaimer: I’m a fan/admirer of Roman Civilization, so please understand my willingness to present things in a certain light.
Also, please keep in mind that modern words, titles, rights, laws, identities and concepts do not apply to Ancient times, to Medieval times or to any other past Age.

Here is a Very Interesting Historical Fact that doesn’t get attention, like at all:

JESUS WAS A Roman! :grinning:

Think About it: the Political Power and Real Rulers of that Area in the First Century and for Centuries after was Rome, thus, in a way, you can say that He was Roman, although not a citizen, as far as we know.

Now, for those who think Rome equaled just THE Eternal City or the Latium Region or maybe Italy and/or a few Roman Coloniae, they/you are right, but only for a certain time period, since, after a while, after the Romans conquered all The Mighty Powers and Regional Powers of the Mediterranean (including Judea) and many other less civilized territories, after a certain time, Citizenship was given to all free men living in the Roman Empire.

That didn’t happened during Jesus’ time though, however, he was born and lived in an area that was owned by Rome, thus part of the Roman World and Society, thus by Extention, Jesus was Roman.

Again, for those who argue that someone was either Greek or Roman or Jew (or any other ethnicity/example), that was not the case, as many people identified with their Ethnicity, but also with their Roman Identity/Citizenship and later, all the people under the Empire were considered and considered themselves Roman.

1 Like

That’s interesting

1 Like

@Dr_Manhattan

…as expected :frowning: :

2 Likes

@JAAJ of course he was gonna be turned into a joke, both pathetic and petty megalomaniac, I watched the trailer I knew how they were framing it.

“I’m not a man like the others ! I must have power” they said that in the trailer, what were they gonna say ?

He was fighting the international monetary system that rules our world today ?

That these “good guys” were fighting against democracy to begin with and wanted to punish the peasant frenchmen for beheading royal sacred blood (the opposite of what they pretend to represent) ?

They declared war on 1 country together and surrendered 5 times ?

That people had more freedom under Napoleon ?

They wanted him back ?

All those moneylender that used secret societies to backstab the kings in the first place didn’t expect to lose control of the revolution and get kicked out ?

Of course not, don’t think about it.

Literally the reason why it took so long to have republics and democracies is because when one country revolted all the other kings declared war on that country and restored the monarchies.

They declared war on France to restore the monarchy before Napoleon was even general, he was a kid. But then he came down kicking hard.

Yet somehow the war happened because of the ambitions of an unknown kid in the army.

6th time they won the war, they put the central banks back and restored the king, removed freedoms and pushed the peasants in the fields again. Yoo-hoo, they beat the tyrant.

If they can’t be upfront about what happened 200 years ago, good luck getting truth about what happened last century.

If they need to lie and mislead that much, it means it’s somehow still going on in some way today.

7 Likes

lol

but at this point, who didn’t see it coming.

2 Likes

You’re right, he wasn’t Roman in the sense that he was not of Italian origin, nor a Citizen, he also did not identify as one (although he wasnt opposed to their rule, at least according to the Bible: “Give to Caesar what is Cesar’s” - I will return to this later), but he did live in a Roman province, Judea (conquered and ruled by Rome, since at least 63 Before Christ).

(to be continued)

I’ll return later.

That’s an interesting point, I mean, the
French Revolution and all the following/later Revolutions were backed by Powerful Groups; maybe it was a people’s revolution or not (I don’t know), but there were certain interests to destroy European Monarchies (the Ancien Régime in France); however, it’s interesting that you said that they lost control of the revolution.

I used to think that Napoleon was controlled too, but I’m not a historian, nor do I know what truly happened, so Idk…

One thing, as you said, is for sure: The Narrative is Written by The Victors (which is the narrative later generations usually have access to anyway).

Anyway, too bad that the movie is a failure.

1 Like

Saw Napoleon today. I was never bored. The battles were great, and It was easy to follow the tactics. I wanted more of that (apparently, the director’s cut will add 110 minutes and will be available on AppleTV, so maybe we can see another battle). Also clear is how Napoleon’s personal courage was inseparable from his military genius and endeared his troops to him.

I can’t judge the love story between Napoleon and Josephine, but that I even knew her name beforehand is a testament to how famous their romance is. Still, I never got the sense from the movie how Josephine had much to do with his success/failures, so I couldn’t quite understand why the film spent so much time on that storyline.

1 Like

As long as it’s Entertaining, I will watch it too.

Also, I don’t watch movies for Historical Accuracy (as a main reason), I don’t expect it, Yet, as the guy said in the video that JAAJ linked, the more historical it is, the better; however, I’m not a critic - Again, I guess I’ll watch it, sooner or later.

OK - I am curious.

I’ll watch the uncut edition then (or those extra minutes too).

BTW, if Anyone wants to see some historically accurate movies (non Hollywood, but from România) - I’ll link a few of them (I’ll search for those which have subtitles/captions) here:

(to be edited)

Here we have a more historical accurate movie, about a True Patriot and Hero, a Mighty Ruler and Defender of Christendom, Lord (Domn/Domnitor, similar to Latin Domine) of Wallachia [Țara Românească (Romanian Land)], Vlad Țepeș!

Michael The Brave, a Beautiful Historical Narration of one of The Greatest Heroes of Romania, alongside Vlad Țepeș and Ștefan cel Mare (Stephen The Great, Lord of Moldova).

Michael defeated the Ottomans at Călugăreni and united the 3 Romanian Principalities, for the first time in History.

The Dacians, an Ancient People who lived in today’s Romania thousands of years ago, a Mighty people, more Civilized than Barbarian, Worshipping One God (Zalmoxis), and which Bravely Defended their Land, People and Resources, against the Mightiest Foe and Invader they met: The Roman Empire!

Watch The Legions of Domitian March against the Dacians, in a Historical Drama of Epic Proportions.

2 Likes

La Mulți ani România și Tuturor Românilor!

This is a Historical Day for Romanians, the Day of The Great Union, which happened on the 1st of December, 1918.

In Alba Iulia, a Century ago, a Great Assembly took place, in which delegates from different areas declared the union of Transylvania with Romania - it was a unique historical moment, for a people who endured for centuries, either as vassals, tributaries or as people/peasants without rights, even when/if they were the majority; my ancestors struggled with countless invaders, a small land surrounded by people either willing to rule it, annex it or plunder it, for gold, for salt, for oil, or for any of its many natural resources and for its fruitful lands.

A few historical facts: Timișoara was the first European city to be lit by electric street lamps;

(to be edited - possibly)

I invite EVERYONE To CELEBRATE Your History, Culture, National Day, Values, etc., in this Thread.

1 Like

Guys, what is Your View on Fomenko (and on similar theories) and on theories such as “Great Reset(s)” (research it) (periodical ones, happening every few centuries; basically, supposedly some Higher Powers completely rewrite History every few centuries, usually after certain Cataclysms/Events and then they wipe up the memories of the masses, while also lowering the tech significantly/obscuring, destroying and forbidding the masses from access to Higher Knowledge and Tech, thus keeping most people and most life in a bad loop)…

The current rate of technological and cultural change makes it almost impossible for us to consider the reality of antiquity. It’s even hard to imagine the lives people led before the steam engine. On the other hand, there’s something correct in noting that the distant past is still with us. It’s only natural that someone would come along with a belief system to compress history into something more psychologically bearable that still accounts for the influence of long ago events.

Of course, the simulation hypothesis can absorb Fomenko’s ideas—or almost any idea, really.

A better use of your time than thinking about Fomenko would be to tackle Philip K. Dick’s Valis trilogy—a work full of crackpot ideas fused so perfectly that you won’t be wondering whether centuries never happened. No sir. You’ll be wondering if this thread, your job, and anything else is real.

1 Like

That’s for me then. :grinning:
Thank You.

2 Likes

A history lecture from Putin:

3 Likes

says it all right there

" sheep-dip (third-person singular simple present sheep-dips, present participle sheep-dipping, simple past and past participle sheep-dipped)
(US, espionage) To formally, and usually temporarily, transfer military equipment or personnel to non-military ownership for the purpose of its employment in covert action with less risk of triggering armed conflict.

3 Likes

Yeah, Tucker’s cover has been blown up in public :grin:

4 Likes

The more I look, the more it seems everything has been rewritten,

Whether it be basic history, or even things in science, logic, and mathematics—there are massive stores of information outside of the mainstreams. And, even in alternative streams, there are substantial hidden elements of everything… and they all seem to disappear amidst a perennial amnesia that occurs after a small number of years pass by.

It’s as though nobody has the big picture, but all the weird offshoot ideas link to a unified whole.

3 Likes

Look at the skulls and bone structure of the “celebrities”, politicians, models etc.

Alot of makeup and operations, but it´s often still obvious, especially as they age.

Once you see, you can´t unsee it.

2 Likes