Projet Mérovingien {or History from French viewpoint} {Next: Deutschland} - - History Thread - The Many Manly Men of History, War and Civilizations

It plays in the US like Tucker was a wannabe. Cover never stronger—if there is a cover.

1 Like

What are you on to? Please tell more. I guessed you’re talking about edenism but aging doesn’t affect it.

1 Like

Sometimes the Best way to learn things is through images, they are an Amazing Medium - so here are a few historical images:
(Some of them already have description, however I’ll add a small note on each of those who don’t have it.)

Look at those fabulous French Colonies!! The Americans would speak French today, if history would have gone just a little bit different.

Greek Settlements throughout the Mediterranean… If Ancient Greek Powers would have set their focus earlier on Conquering the West too and not only the East, our Entire History would have changed.

Scottish Clans and Families, their History Humbles even Game of Thrones

Roman Coins, Distribution

The Greeks were more Roman than Rome and Italy itself, at least if we judge by how long the Rhomaion Empire lasted in the East, especially in Hellas and Anatolia, a Thousand Years it stood, after it fell in the West.

Do you see Italy here?
Well, it wasn’t Latinized YET and with Gauls in the North, the Greeks in the South, with a Carthage bent on conquering the Mediterranean and with the Etruscans and other local minor populations/powers, things could have gone so different - just look how TINY AND HUMBLE were the Latins…

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Caput Mundi (Latin for Head of The World)!!

4 Likes

Congrats to Romulus, Condolences to Remus

2 Likes

:joy: I guess winners DO write history, and cities’ names too.

{Also, how many Alexandria(s) are there? :grinning::thinking:}

2 Likes

And Happy Birthday to Me :partying_face:

7 Likes

@GamiroCFC
Happy birthday :tada:
:grinning:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @GamiroCFC :hibiscus: :hibiscus: :hibiscus:!!!

3 Likes

Thank You :blue_heart:

2 Likes

happpyy birthday

3 Likes

Thank You my friend!

1 Like

Happy Birthday Gamiro! :gift:

3 Likes

Thank You Mr JAAJ!

2 Likes

Between the Vth century A.D. and Present time, a lot of changes happened in this world, and in Afroeurasia, it all started with the decline and fall of The Roman Empire.
Before it’s Western part collapsed, federations of tribes were invited by the Empire, to settle some of its lands, in exchange for military service - that was a preview to what would happen in the following millenia, a new form of contract was born, and a new type of allies, called Foederati, which were people who were bound by a contract with Rome (we can argue that this was the beginning of feudalism in Europe or at least a predecessor).

The Empire was dying, it’s economy weaker, it’s military no longer as mighty as it was, loyalty became just a word, internal division, civil wars, different factions, religious turmoil, external threats unlike anything seen before, like Attila the Hun and it’s ambition to crush Rome and Conquer Europe, and in the resulting chaos and due to other reasons, a huge migratory wave began, the Empire having to deal with countless tribes, who were searching for a better life.

In the Iberian Peninsula, things were changing…

A small documentary/pesentation about the Kingdom of the Suebi and below a fun video, showing how their Germanic language sounded (compared to German and English) (it was very beautiful):

So, were the Ottomans Actually Roman?

Watch the video, then be the judge.

Also, a poll, for you fine people, to cast your righteous judgment:

Poll:

• Ottomans were clearly Roman.
  • Germany was a New Rome, at least the Holy Roman Empire
  • Russia was a New Rome, they inherited their Religion, Culture and Imperialism and their leaders married with a Roman Dynasty
  • România is the true heir. :joy:
  • Rome lives in our hearts, it never fell.
  • America is the New Rome
  • France was the inheritor.
  • Spain Inherited the claim to the Imperial Throne.
  • Great Britain Was the New Rome.
  • Whole Europe and others are the inheritors.
  • There was only one Rome, the rest are only fans and wanna be romans.
  • The Pope still exists and has more than a Billion followers, Rome still reigns.

0 voters

1 Like

Lol, Great Maps.
Thanks for Sharing.

Also, I forgot to include Italy as an option. :sob:

Lol, well, we all know Italians are descendants anyway.

The Italian Empire was Canon but bad as the Star Wars sequels :rofl::rofl:

Funny enough, Borgia dinasty (They were Spaniards i think) had a plan to defeat and dominate the Comuni and unify the peninsula under their dominion in early 1500s but it didn’t work out, as the Pope died and they lost the influence and military might of the State of The Church

An early unification compared to when it did really happened in History (1861) could have been interesting

1 Like