Psilocybin induced psychosis

Yesterday I took a dose of psilocybin mushrooms like I have many times in the past… but this time I went to into a state of some sort of mania or psychosis where I do not remember anything that happened other than waking up in the hospital. This very alarming to me because mushrooms have always been a great learning experience for me… so to me acting erratic and needing to be sedated while not remembering anything is very scary. If anyone has any advice please share 🫶🏽

1 Like

Well, psychedelics can have the effect of inducing psychosis, sorry. Just ride it out, friend! Glad to hear you’re fine. Waking up in a hospital is never a pleasant experience. Maybe try attaining altered states of consciousness through meditation and other means that don’t require substances for some time now, to let your brain rest. Some nervous system healing fields by Sapien Med could be helpful. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it the same shrooms you have taken in the past?
Try some love fields like forgiveness etc

Recently some cosmic energys happened, maybe that did impact you too + shrooms.

2 Likes

I have taken these shrooms before. It just sucks because mushrooms were such a big part of my life that helped me heal, however now I think I probably shouldn’t ever smoke weed or take mushrooms again because of the psychotic episode

1 Like

Maybe it is time to move on.
At this stage you have fields at your disposal. :slightly_smiling_face:
Surely psychedelics can be intense experience and a facilitator of spiritual growth and learning at certain stage. They can give you glimpse of your divine nature.
They are not something that is needed for that though and they cannot bring you to the end of the road.
Be grateful for the experiences you had and don’t worry that you lose something by not having it ever again.
If not already, pick some high vibration field like vibration of creation and meditate with it everyday. That alone will in some months heal so much and clear a lot of ignorance. In years you may become what some would call enlightened. It just means the infinite joy of being aware of yourself fully again.
You are blessed :heart:

4 Likes

The mushrooms continue to teach you. It’s powerful medicine! What are they saying by giving you this experience?

1 Like

That’s a great question. You know in the past I have always learned a lesson from the mushrooms. And I mean this with no disrespect, but how am I supposed to feel a lesson in this when I could have been arrested and lost total consciousness for 6-8 hours? I am more just scared that after this first episode I will develop further psychosis and or schizophrenia. I of course would love to be able to continue to learn but will definitely most likely stop taking them due the severity of what happened

Definitely agree it’s a powerful medicine. Thank you for your comment. I wanna be clear I appreciate all the support from everyone on this thread… I guess I feel a little betrayed by the mushrooms and my own mind and am having a hard time processing it all

I’ve had bad trips on shrooms too man. And honestly, I’m grateful for them as I learned and grew a lot from them. In those days, I wasn’t all that mature but I still had a resilience to negativity so I just took it as it came. But it all happened because I rejected certain thoughts and feelings, and that ended up turning into a living nightmare while experiencing it.

If you lost consciousness, then there are few possibilities here. You had an ego death but fell to fear and got extremely erratic and entered a state of psychosis. If you ego death and instead of surrendering, you end up clinging to dear life and fighting the feeling, you can easily go mad. In that madness, you… lose consciousness.

Another possibility is that you might have genes for scizofrenia or something of the sort, and mushrooms triggered that. Doesn’t mean you are going to be scizofrenic now. If you feel normal and fine now, then you’re good. But this does happen to people who have that sort of thing in their genes.

Or it could be something else. I wouldn’t know unless I was there and could observe your behavior.

All in all, that’s quite a traumatic experience. Sorry you had to go through that. I think with an experience like that, it’s time to hang up the phone. I wouldn’t suggest delving into psychedelics anymore. You don’t know why something like that happened to you and it’s best to not find out, in case it’s something that could leave a permanent scar in your beingness.

If anything, consider yourself lucky. Some people don’t ‘make it back’ so to speak. This is why while I do speak very highly of psychedelics, I don’t recommend them to people. The risk is always there.

Also… I don’t know why but shrooms also have a higher rate of bad trips than other psychs I’ve noticed. Not cause shrooms are bad. It’s basically (from my experience) connecting you to the shroom hive mind which is ancient and so in tune/connected to everything. And so you get tuned into a cosmic unity while on it. But you are sort of in the passengers seat for a shroom experience. In for the ride. So, the lack of control isn’t great on it and raises the risk of a bad trip if something goes wrong in your environment, ext…

10 Likes

Because when you take this kind of thing lightly, or assume it’ll always give you the same experience over and over you’ve stopped learning from the medicine (I believe).
Psychedelics need a certain ritual and shamans who typically guide people through this experience take you through the process which can involve dietary changes, specific actions (seeking forgiveness or reconciliation depending on previous traumas) and self introspection.
Waking up in the hospital is shocking isn’t it. How did I end up here when I was expecting ab or c. This is just my interpretation of it but if it were me I’d say the mushroom spirit said that’s enough of this and to move on. It’s well known like what Sammy has mentioned you can trigger your own psychosis depending on your genetics. If you abuse the medicine.
I feel mushrooms are similar to fairy spirit where you think it’s all tinker bell and moon dust but they’re so powerful and mischievous and nothing like you’d expect.
There is so much to learn here. For now though just grounding yourself, staying in gratitude that they DID look after you though a wild trip. Good food, good conversations and lots of love !

1 Like

Sammy thank you so much for these insights. Yes I had done them many times before but this time I feel like the setting was horrible(some guy at the beach got in a fight with me while I was coming up) and then I had dreams of me dying which must’ve been the ego death… maybe. All in all I also haven’t been a good headspace which of course could’ve contributed to things. I felt like psychedelics was a way to connect me with different realms… I guess i shouldn’t be looking for a substance to try to escape or improve my reality and try to do the work myself. I still am grateful for all the experiences psychedelics taught me in the past.

4 Likes

spamming plasma brain of youth is what i would do

1 Like