Repelling (and/or) Deflecting Pests (ants, mosquitos, etc.) WHILE OUTDOORS

What about all those tribes and cultures that “lived in unison with nature”?
Like Native Americans for example…
90% of them died of smallpox :thinking:

Introduced by men, but that’s just me nitpicking.

In my opinion, talking about other cultures, especially some from long ago, is too much based in speculation. But as far as I know even those who are considered, from a certain perspective, to be more in unison with nature still lived in fear of it and were trying to explain natural phenomenon by anthropomorphising it to a big extent.

Anybody not aware of manifestation and who isn’t taking a conscious approach to their lives will call to themselves things without knowing that’s what they are doing and why things are happening the way they are. And that can manifest through nature or anything else they have aligned with.

You actually said it better than I did in your exchange with Sam about NYC and LoA, which was a delight to read btw :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is a valid point.

2 Likes

Im just here reading this nice discussion :hugs:

Should this be an NFT with uhm… makers? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smirk:

3 Likes

This conversation has been on my mind tonight! I spoke from my own experience but I hadn’t really thought deeply about the implications for consensus reality.

So I went a bit devil’s advocate on my ideas and this is where I ended up (but I’m by no means implying I’m right): my impression is that nature is a very willing component to our creations. It tends to give us exactly what we ask for (which is not necessarily what we want). If that premise is true, someone who creates more consciously will be able to have a completely different relationship with nature (and insects, to tie this back in with the original subject!) than someone who doesn’t.

3 Likes

yass :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m just being a little creative here. I know from companion gardening and what not that most bugs do not like thyme and rosemary, also garlic - although I’m not sure I’d want to smell like garlic all day lol. Maybe an essence of thyme + rosemary. I just read to double check, which plants do ticks hate? And both thyme and rosemary came up as well as sage. So perhaps the essence of burnt sage audio may help. I live near a pond so you bet there will be the mosquitoes loving my blood this summer. The same three plants came up when I searched about mosquitoes as well. So my friend from Texas, along with the suggestions previously mentioned here, perhaps start with essence of burnt sage and…was there a rosemary audio? If there is then that one as well. And maybe in “thyme” (can’t help it) there will also be a thyme.

1 Like