Resting period

Depends on which bodybuilder you’re talking about! Haha I can name you a lot of bodybuilders that maintained beautiful shape well into their 60s and 70s… I rather look like them than the average 60 year old! Haha

And yeah I have thought about them, I’m still bodybuilding haha I love it! :heart:

I’ll continue training intensely till the day I die! I’ll just have to make some adjustments as I age and train more intelligently.

And when that day comes where i stop growing It’ll be just like the day before, going to the gym and loving my sport!

4 Likes

Good for you! I don’t know which bodybuilders I am talking about because I don’t now anything about bodybuilding. I only speak of the ones I have seen.

1 Like

Yeah you probably have seen how a lot of mass monsters look after wards and you probably have seen Arnold too lol

But there are plenty of bodybuilders from the golden era that never stopped working out, they motivate me so much!

My dream is to maintain my shape just like them!

The first one is the late great Serge Nubret, and the second is 3 time Mr. Olympia Frank Zane (the guy in my profile picture) at the ages of 65, 2 of my biggest idols! :smiley:

7 Likes

You don’t weigh 400 kg. so you couldn’t eat 100 kg of anything.

1 Like

Gorillas are your cousins. Their digestive system and human digestive system is the same. Carnivores have much shorter intestins. Also the teeth of humans resembles the teeth of apes and other herbivores, not the teeth of tigers. The rest should be pretty easy to understand.

teeth

For the Resting Period via the Dark Retreat, the key is not really vegetarian food/diet (which certainly has its benefits) - but depriving the senses of stimuli that keep it busy and distracted - sights, smells, light, food etc., so that energy that is wasted through the nine “holes” of the body are sealed and used to effect internal alchemy.

Food of any kind is restricted because digestion/elimination/assimilation consumes a lot of energy in itself and drags consciousness down while it happens. Again, this is a very advanced practice and not for people who have not put in decades of work achieving a certain level of energetic and emotional clarity.

The key aspect is sensory deprivement followed by sensory withdrawal, accomplished here forcibly (Pratyahara of Yoga) - forcing the consciousness to re-direct itself towards the Self and begin to inch towards Dharana (Effortless Concentration) and Samadhi (Absorptive state of Non-duality). When this happens, “awareness of this or that” changes to “Awareness”, or pure cognition, which can be life changing.

Risks come along the way - too much energy generated, if not put to right use, can cause schizophrenic syptoms, inner demons creep out which can attract outer demons, one may open oneself up to various other dimensions some of which are not very safe etc. Which is why one uses preparation, protective rites, mantras etc. to aid this quest of Pure Awareness.

Do people absolutely need this? No! Gradual practices, though slower, are safer for most people.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking!

I would like to do this but only once I have a daily yoga practice I enjoy and I’m knowledgeable enough.

I think you have to be quite grounded - I had some experiences in my early 20s that freaked me out… the gut reaction is intense fear and tension in your whole body etc. I think these are quite common when you see/hear things are not “normal” and you’re not grounded enough. I had to take a couple of years break :slight_smile:
These days it is a bit different. I haven’t had those experiences so intense, but when I did experience something in the last months, inside I remained completely calm.
This makes all the difference and I think without being “mature” and grounded enough, you really could end up in a bad shape during/after something like this retreat.

It’s a bit like going on technical hikes as a beginner, which some “badass” people do and fall… you have to respect the mountain.
The same way, you have to be humble when you assess your spiritual development, in my opinion.

5 Likes

i love bodybuilders and the point is to not stop. they’re passionate to a point that it’s part of their lifestyle to work out. the end goal is to just keep going. this is the same for spirituality and using your mind.

2 Likes

Yeah! For me, a single work out is one of the most powerful spiritual things I ever experience! I literally look like a maniac some times because of how lost i get in a work out lol some times the feeling is so much that I can nearly cry in the middle of my set lol (because of how good the pain feels)

Exactly! I’ve experienced things while breaking certain levels of pain thresholds that are hard for me to even put into words… Just when you can’t fathom possibly doing one more rep and you beg your soul for just one more… That feeling is bliss to me lol

I believe in those moments spirituality and physicality become one, and you become an expression of explosive desire (I imagine it like an explosion that never ends, kind of like a star). I worry this all sounds silly but it’s what I experience every day and I’m addicted to it! Haha

Thank you Psynergy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

my pleasure! and also what you described was beautifully portrayed! you reminded me of the first time i decided to get a personal trainer and after the first workout when i sat down i literally felt myself slipping away and had to rest my head because i felt SO GOOD that i was focusing hard not to pop out of my body.

my personal trainer was confused and yet very respectful and let me chill for what felt like hours but to him it could have been maybe 20 or so minutes.

2 Likes

I love that! Haha I’m glad you know what I’m talking about, you can really appreciate those intense states of exhaustion and the feeling after wards is another level of calmness lol beat up calmness

Hope you’re still working at it! :smiley:

3 Likes

yeah! my exercise journey has been great! i’ve learned a lot about myself and my body and what i can do!

i definitely will continue exercising daily! hiking and bouldering are also one of my favourite things to do!

1 Like

On this note, how’s the alien roids experiment going?

I think in terms of body shapes… it depends on personal taste and also what you’re used to seeing.
For example, when I was a child I thought bodybuilders looked awful, now I don’t :slight_smile: maybe it is even more pronounced when it comes to women - when I was young, it was the anorexic model era. so i think if I saw a bikini model of today (that now I think looks AMAZING) as.a teen, I would have said hell no that’s gross.

I find it very difficult to eat enough protein actually. Most days when I’m eating vegan I get like 70g maybe 110g with 1x protein powder and a lot of emphasis an protein in each meal. And I should eat way more that that if I want to optimise muscle building, but I just can’t, not without egg white and maybe fish (though I’m also a bit grossed out by fish more that 1x a week).
The thing is you don’t have natural vegan food that’s pure protein, it will have significant fat/carbs and it is difficult (not impossible) to have enough protein and keep within kcal limit.

2 Likes

I actually haven’t been experimenting with them since sapien dropped LGD 3303!

I was getting pretty fast results while I was at it though

Yeah I feel you on that, bodybuilders can look grotesque to one person and beautiful to the next haha but like many things, tastes can be acquired through understanding

:frowning:

That’s tough to hear, you wouldn’t mind getting an extra scoop? Maybe you should try out some casein protein, it’s milk protein that digests slow… the slow digestion of the protein will feed your muscles for longer

Yeah no not really… if only there was… I’d be vegan! Haha (and if it digested good too lol) kind of hard to hit 300-350 g of protein vegan lol

1 Like

I stopped tracking so much because it was so mentally exhausting to be always thinking about it. So all the more respect to you :)
I did it long enough though that I have an okay understanding of how I should eat and I make an effort to eat as much protein as possible. At the same time, I don’t want to have a diet of protein powder, so I’m trying to find the balance still.

I used to eat casein but unfortunately I cannot eat dairy (not just lactose) because of a condition that I have. I have some medicine but nothing works as well as simply avoiding dairy. Maybe the fields will help with this too on the longer run.

1 Like

I also wanted to ask you about that, but forgot afterwards (something has made me remember today).

I guess it’s somewhat similar to Mauna in Hinduism? In case you happen to be interrupted or have to communicate (emergency cases, etc.), what do you do? Do you restart the process or manage to find an alternative?

2 Likes

Why whould you age and have to change your training routine? Forget what forum you’re on? :grin:

1 Like

I did Dark Retreats twice in Nepal, once in China and once in Russia - these were completely isolated, with no possibilities of disturbance.

The rule of the silent retreat, that my teacher taught me - requires a full reset if there is a transgression.

For my own retreats at home, which are shorter duration, I generally go up to a friend’s vineyard in my area which is pretty isolated, and turn off my phone. I establish a sacred space and invoke 10 guardian deities in each direction. Once that happens, no one will want to come around, not even bugs strangely! Over time and millions of recitations later, the presence of guardians has gotten stronger! Its like no one wants to come miles within that area or even think or call me. A specific guardian deity named Tiraskarini is evoked, and Her main job is to cloak you from physical and other dimensional beings. She needs to be evoked once every 24-hours, but she does an astounding job!

Initially, though I was “blocked” from outside, there were urges from within to call home, check on family, worry about work, etc. I had to resist the thoughts, resist the fear that something had gone wrong, etc. And over a period of time, I have come to entrust myself, at least those 3-days, to a higher power, and believe me, it is very liberating! Not being in control of yourself, having to worry about yourself, feels very freeing! I don’t worry at all and generally find that when I return, things are already mysteriously taken care of!

10 Likes

Holy beetle… What an answer! I’m gonna screenshot this post. Thanks Maoshan! :sparkles:

Nothing to do with your advanced knowledge and sustained discipline, but I had made some attempts in the past, regarding the practice of silence. Amateurly, but not totally free-style or deprived from any “teaching” though. I’m currently planning to go for it again.

Your last paragraph might be my biggest difficulty. Because I’m also the kind to be worried about not being worried lol. Maybe some sort of “guilt”, you know. Or a refusal of total surrender…

“Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride” said some song ;)) Anyway… :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Hey! I read your reply yesterday but I’ve been spending some time reflecting and readjusting, just been closed off lol the gates are open now!

Honestly I don’t track calories lol I just know I get any where from 3000-4000 I just track how much protein I get in my head and it’s all pretty easy since I eat the same thing every day haha

It can feel exhausting at first (and time consuming) but I promise it gets better, if you would’ve kept on for about 6 months it becomes more second nature to you, eventually you just do all of this on your head lol however the more diverse the food the more annoying it is to track

Damn that sucks, I wonder if advanced healing can help… I know you’ll get better with time!

2 Likes