Retention streak over: How to bounce back better?

Since this energetic process began, having an orgasmic ejaculation has sadly become a regrettable experience. I feel depleted of physical energy, depressed and essentially, like an addict that has relapsed. I don’t mind retaining for weeks at a time, but I want to enjoy the experience when I choose to take part in what should be a pleasurable experience, whether it be with myself or a partner. Honestly, it feels like I’ve been cursed.

For anyone who encounters similar experiences, what do you do to get beyond those terrifying first few days of vulnerability? This is a frustrating cycle I have continued to repeat for close to a year now, without much luck. I recently was told to study Sexual Kung Fu, but I am just learning the breathing exercises.

What audios or practices can help alleviate the difficulties of the first few days of getting back on the proverbial wagon?

2 Likes

If you search for “relapse,” you’ll find some previous discussions of this topic.

To get you started:

4 Likes

Soul Core Restoration. Because you are walking around leaking jing everywhere right now. Which is a big part of why you don’t feel so great.

Smart Cord Cutter. To drastically reduce the chance of falling to temptation again.

9 Likes

Thank you, Atreides. I’m on it.

1 Like

Great links, WellBeing. I appreciate you.

2 Likes

Does this process heighten the sexual energy of everyone who travels the path or is it just a lesson that is needed to be learned? I guess I’m struggling to fully understand it all.

1 Like

fasting and calorie restriction helped me tremendously.

6 Likes

That’s a really interesting comment, Ashutosh. Let me elaborate.

I have been repeatedly going through a cycle and unable to get beyond it. I retain semen for up to three months before inevitably relapsing. Starting anew, the first week has always been difficult. By week two or three, I find more clarity, but the sexual desires start to manifest in other ways. I begin to eat a lot of food, going from a few meals per day, to snacking and seeking carbs and sugar.

I often feel as if I cannot stop those food cravings, and if I try to, they’ll just reappear in the form of chasing sexual pleasure. It’s quite a complex battle. I do miss the days of just casually enjoying myself. The energetic realignment of the last few years has really asked me to be damn near perfect. And I’m not.

1 Like

I go nofap few months. It insane, especially at night the urges go crazy. Sometime midnight i wake up and slap to my face and do 100 pushup at mid night lol.
What keep me going is keep me super busy when im alone. When i hang out i can have fun but when im at home i write down what i do and stick to it no matter what.
Take care for aggresive or sexual compulsive behaviour. I invited some girls i dont like hangout just to have sex, but luckily i stop my ego beforehand lol.

5 Likes

Thank you for your insight, my friend. I like the 100 pushups concept. Boredom is definitely a culprit. Also with me, early arthritis. I used to adhere to the Marvin Gaye Sexual Healing philosophy, preferring a romp instead of advil or worse. So when my pain threshold acts up, my body has been previously told a “pain killer” is on the way in the form of a sexual release.

I will keep these in mind. It’s a wonderful way to get exercise too.

1 Like

I wonder what other ways you can provide those natural pain killers that your body wants and benefits from, other than from a sexual release?

1 Like

Having been privileged to be on the receiving end of your wisdom before, I’m imagining this is a rhetorical question. Meditation certainly would help. Understanding my physical limitations and adhering to them. Avoiding things that exacerbate symptoms knowing full well the consequences of getting into a red area. The game changed, and I must make adjustments. It’s frustrating - at times, maddening. But it’s also doable, should I dig deep and find the discipline. Being on here helps too. Surrounding myself with folks fighting some of the same battles.

Did I miss anything?

The thing that work for me is Calorie Restriction.

2 Likes

You write well.

1 Like

In another life I was a writer. Still dabble, but not enough opportunities have presented themselves lately. Thanks for the kind words, though. Have a great week.

Could you elaborate?

Being in a calorie deficit keeps the urges away

But that is definitely not a good long term strategy unless you want to starve yourself

1 Like

When you get the urges you can listen to the Ancient Arts album or only the Transmutation and MicroCosmic

1 Like

Got this on my daily Spotify playlist. It’s been good to me. Thank you very much, Alex.

1 Like