Shadow Integration or Total Purification?

I’m sure a lot of you know about shadow work in regards to Carl Jung and other philosophers.
For those that dont here’s a very brief summery:

We all have a good side and bad side, by trying to deny your shadow it causes internal conflict and interferes with harmony

The integration process would be to consciously be aware of your shadow and understand its affects on you in order to live a more harmonious life.

So my question is, do you guys believe in the “shadow” or is that all just bad programming from an early age.

In the new age circle it is popular to think that the end goal is purge ourselves of all things we individually deem to be “wrong”. Which, to me, is almost dehumanizing to a certain extent.

Jordan Peterson talks well on the shadow and makes a good case for exploring the parts of yourself you want to ignore.

Does anyone have any input on this matter? Any and all responses are welcome.

Great day to you all :grinning:

2 Likes

this could have something to do with what you would call shadow side and how to integrate it into balance

Tho you prolly meant something else with Shadow, in the end what I understand under this “shadow” is the need the ego has to perseve its surviving, its not good to cast it away and it isnt good to let it run free, or else you would be like a psychopath or whatever. Keep it in a healthy spot so you can reach your goals and live the life you deserve, its all about self respect at that point.

1 Like

I have been practicing shadow work for quite some time and I had quite some… deep moments with it.
Practicing it is good since the direction is right, but sooner or later you will come to a very critical understanding of it. I will share what has been revealed to me, so decide for yourself.
Evil exists. Good exists. Evil is good. Good is evil.
They are not the same.
They have the same purpose.
It is not easy to describe the relationship between good and evil, so I will try to do that using an anology. You surely know brainwaves (alpha, beta, gamma etc)
If you know them, you surely know that they exist on a spectrum, the waves on one side being slower and slower, and on the other side faster and faster (Hz).
The slowest brainwaves are Lambda, associated with mystical experiences, visions, wholeness.
The fastest brainwaves are Epsilon, associated with mystical experiences, visions, wholeness.
If you zoom into the Lambda-waves, you notice they are made up of many Epsilon-waves.
If you zoom into the Epsilon-waves, you notice they are made up of many Lambda-waves.

The relationship between good and evil is the same. They both exist in this world of duality and they both have a right to exist. Both are a tool consciousness uses to experience itself.
If you do shadow work to get rid of certain things, you may be successful, but the real gold lies beneath that. Actual Evil is indescribable, just as actual good is indescribable.
Evil goes far beyond any idea, image or personification humans made up.

The next time you encounter your shadow, celebrate it. Celebrate its evil side, just to celebrate it, without trying to gain anything from it.
What you will experience goes beyond anything I could describe.

10 Likes

Hidden ‘matrix red pill knowledge’ in plain sight:

Lara Croft intergrating her Shadow Self and making the unconscious conscious :wink:

3 Likes