Soul Alchemy late beta

Ok guys,
I couldn’t work on it in January due to exceptional circumstances, but I’ve been back at it.

It’s been optimized a lot, all reported bugs have been fixed. All previous users have been deleted, the database is empty again.

Last time a lot of you joined but due to a bug in the registration process 90% of you didn’t seen anyone else, it appeared empty. Hence I had to delete all your accounts. Luckily the sign up is simple and fast enough. I learned from those errors and improve the techniques.

Some cool new features + some device-based native features like biometrics: Face Id, Touch Id. Push notification like other native apps.

Mobile

Desktop

Message, invitation notifications etc, if you authorize them.

Those who want can checkout the new features, I appreciate all feedbacks.
You’ll be able to register up to 3 devices both for the biometric and push notifications, I tested it, all devices rang.

You’ll be able to manage the settings in your phone’s settings

If you ride with Android, firefox, chrome and safari (desktop) you should all be good to go. However iOS users will need to have 1. version 16.4 at a minimum 2. Use safari 3. Add the app to your bookmarks.

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ok, I unlisted this thread as soon as there was an issue reported (thank you to the user who sent the message at admin@soulalchemy.xyz).

I tested the app on the devices that I own (phone, tablet and laptop) with Chrome, Safari, with/without VPN and Adblock, but I cannot test every feature on every possible browser, email provider with any plugin. Hence, I’m grateful to the ones reporting issues with their browsers etc.

Anyway, I reinstated the previous server-side double checking that worked so well last time and I improved it a bit. Also, apparently the activation links may not work with some email providers, I only tested gmail, so I added some more contingencies that will make things workable either way.
During the re-modelling I chased every bit of optimization and I had deleted the server-side error check system I had made. It’s back and better.

Luckily I shut it down very early, there was just a handful of people, I reset the database clean. That way I know that everyone will have a correct registration again.

Thank you to all who gave it a shot and sorry for deleting your accounts.

PS: New features dropping in a couple of days

7 Likes

Quick update, I noticed that some people didn’t have a complete registration. After trying to find the bug, compatibility issue, turns out , it was just the “save” button got activated when half of the personal infos were given and people could skip it and you could even skip the match preferences. So, I fixed that loophole. If you don’t setup any match info, then you can’t match with anyone. Kudos to the one user who filled the whole thing cleanly either way. I deleted the other accounts.

New major update.

I listened to the feedback I got, added some requested features, made things much more private, no last name, addresses and stuff like that anymore. Addresses will be used to calculate distances for the matches but not shown. Lots of issues fixed, especially on mobile devices.

Pretty much all the pages have been redesigned a bit.
If you click on the Soul Circle you will access new features, where you can find friends, meetups, communities and show ideas to other users to receive feedbacks. You will be proposed a username for soul circle only, when you first launch it. If we can get enough people on board should be really fun and structured to give you what you want when you want it.

It’s not perfect yet, but we’re definitely going somewhere.
Some things to improve, I’m thinking one more update before final release.

If you have an issue, as always you can send me a message or email.

While I’m trying to ensure the best possible experience on mobiles and get as close to a native feel as possible. I have plans to eventually release an iOS and Android native version for both AppStore and PlayStore

8 Likes