Souls Video

Very confusing topic. South Park taught me that gingers do not have soulsā€¦ Iā€™m not saying theyā€™re right, Iā€™m just sayinā€™ā€¦

1 Like

@Jennyfire you have connections with Africa, if I remember well (?) Would like to have your eventual input (we can take it to pmā€™s with Josh, since itā€™s a sensitive topic).

1 Like

Um nope sorry I canā€™t help you with this topic. Yes I am from Africa but what does having a soul have to do with the colour of oneā€™s skin?

I think every person on the planet has a soul, whether they are in tune with their soul is another topic.

8 Likes

Bro I have no clue itā€™s just they were talking about something called neuromelanin in the videos, honestly I donā€™t know much about this topic I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it

1 Like

Sure, I see what you mean. My question was more about a ā€œcategorizationā€ of different souls (when I say ā€œcategoryā€, itā€™s by all means not about inferiority/superiority, but different profiles). Anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to add a piece of information: Iā€™m from Turkey and even if I donā€™t want to sound like ā€œtoo easily offendedā€ etc. I spent decades of my life with different demonstrations of racism, stereotyped remarks, etc. of all kinds whenever abroad.

So it would never come to my mind to ā€œnavigate in those watersā€, like putting labels according to history, skin color or ethnic origin, calling X or Z ā€œsoullessā€.

Again, it was just about question marks regarding the placement of the souls on a more general path and cultural interpretations (whether ā€œrightā€ or ā€œwrongā€).

1 Like

Thatā€™s one of the dumbest shit Iā€™ve ever heard, excuse my French.

8 Likes

Dreaming about being understood instead of shut off, whenever posting any culture-specific thing (with most respect for all of them)ā€¦

Yes, also speaking on behalf of the OP.

We are ā€œkindlyā€ expected to understand and even accept 747579 posts about various more or less orthodox means for ā€œmagneting-chicks-like-fliesā€.

Ok. You can be sure that I make the effort.

But whenever it comes to dig under the surface and try to understand how different cultural conceptions deal with other issues, by just asking ā€œwonder whyā€¦ā€ (and this also includes my attempts to understand even ā€œracistā€ people who popped up on my own life path), weā€™re expedited straight away. Even when we donā€™t take their defense.

I mean hellooo, we live on a planet which is not all about ā€œonenessā€ when it comes to interpret. Diversity is not only a carnivalish thing. There was a post by Sammyg about it, but anyway.

I guess itā€™s better to remain as a thread reader.

1 Like

I hear you. Remember when I said sometime ago that most of the threads by guys donā€™t interest me? Well, it was mainly because of posts like those. lolā€¦ That shit getā€™s redundant. But this forum is expanding, and the threads are getting better now. :heart: I have other stuff to say on this subject, but Iā€™d rather keep it to myself unless one asks.

I understand what you are saying, and you are right. I think the more spiritual I ascend, the more I will be able to fix this problem. I have been listening to the True Self of others audio too. Hopefully it will help.

He said heā€™d seen a video from someone, and asked what weā€™d thought about it. And thatā€™s what I honestly thought and felt about it. I am not going to lie, if he asked a question.

2 Likes

Meh,
it was 4chan worthy click bait ā€¦and be glad @This_Boy_Here answered as I was biting my tongue the entire time.

Youā€™d be surprised at how ā€œunderstandingā€ yet not accepting of nonsense enlightened beings, angels, etc are.

There are plenty of places on the internet where this post would gain ā€œtractionā€.

Letā€™s hope this isnā€™t one of them.

As far as the men attracting women postsā€¦
lol, not sure anyone wants to have a real frank discussion about that as I have quite a bit to say that would piss off men and women hereā€¦ soā€¦letā€™s just redirect that energy like we have been lately.

5 Likes

I understand you bro and thanks for your openness. Tbh, this was also my first reaction when I read the post. I have much difficulty about dealing with racism, because of having spent my whole life being called ā€œbutcher barbarian riding her camelā€.

But then, I said ā€œwaitā€¦ there might be some more under itā€. And thatā€™s why I asked the OP to send me the video.

Iā€™ve been (not as a simple tourist) on almost every continent and trust me, some civilizations make associations about a soulā€™s progress and physical features. Thatā€™s their vision of life, etc.

Anyway, weā€™re good.

7 Likes

Only people with melanin have a soul

Not sure why they are being racist towards albinos (which are the only humans who have no melanin).

Everyone else is good though.

3 Likes

Please donā€™t. I enjoy your input; you have a unique perspective, and uniqueness is refreshing.

3 Likes

Thanks, @MasterOfYellow. I appreciate but Iā€™ll have to digest for some time.

It already happened in the forum: whenever talking about different facets of multiculturalism (and those facets DO exist in this world, no matter if it displeases or not), I received reactions making me sound like a pervert, a racist and/or a total dislightened.

(Iā€™m not talking about This Boy Here)

Edit: once again, racism is the last thing I would do, I suffered from it way too much.

ā€¦ even more than our male friends who try to get laid (and I DO understand them. My concern was only about them spamming, the language used for describing women and some debilitating products used against women).

Some should need ethnology books more often (if they donā€™t have the chance to visit directly)ā€¦ and take some time to ask: ā€œWhat do you mean?ā€ or ā€œHow are those cultural frameworks which are different than mine?ā€ You know.

ā€¦ or even some of Dreamweaverā€™s and Samuelā€™s postsā€¦ in between the lines.

Everybody talks about fighting the ego. Well, this also requires a multicultural opennessā€¦

Plus, the OP is a very young fellow trying to understand things. Thatā€™s all. He was not trying to provoke or hurt anybody (neither was I).
I took some time by PM with him.

Even if I donā€™t show it, Iā€™m vulnerable too.

But thanks again Frank. No itā€™s not me, itā€™s the onions.

Btw I lived not faraway from you: I was in Glendale, a long time ago.

2 Likes

From whom? I donā€™t see anyone calling you anything here.

Ok, great. As Iā€™ve said in the past few post about the subject, being outright and frank and not talking around the issue is how it gets resolved.

And yeah, youā€™re going to get some blowback if you respond to those posts.
Pretty sure, Iā€™ve gotten as much or more blowback as anyone on this forum for truly wanting people to grow as fast as possible, and yet people get annoyed when Iā€™m honest with them.
It happens.

Who are some?

What?! Who in this day and age doesnā€™t think all people have ā€œsoulsā€?

Iā€™ve seen the OPs other posts.
They donā€™t indicate a lack of knowledge of ā€œpopular world viewsā€ aka some backworld racism from growing up in a part of the world where they have never encountered another race.

And it seems near impossible for someone to have made it to Sapā€™s videos, and even further into this forum, without having a rather open-minded belief system that is way far past evolved ā€œDo certain people have souls?ā€ type thinking.

Nor do I think the post itself was racist.
I said what I thought it was and still believe it to beā€¦
The kind of ā€œrace-baitingā€ ā€œlets start an argumentā€ post that is very, very popular on many social media sites like 4chan.

3 Likes

@_OM

I didnā€™t know about 4chan. Thanks for the info. Even if I highly doubt that I will agree with them (precisely because of the reasons that youā€™ve mentioned), I will try to see what is going on in their mindset.

Maybe itā€™s not necessary, I know. Maybe Iā€™m over-complicating everything, I know it as well. Maybe I just have to chill and let go.

But itā€™s just that I try to suspend my own belief system whenever I can, in order to get a bigger picture of anything.

ā€œSomeā€? Well, anybody (including me) who would fall too easily into tendencies like shutting down immediately subjects prone to adversity. This is for example what I tried to do with the edited version of a ā€œhow to get laidā€ post. I was glad to see that the poster has revised his message and provided further info about his request. I came to better empathize with him, instead of just thinking: ā€œpffff nah, thatā€™s out of the question that I take some time to have a deeper look. I have my own conviction and basta, period. Anybody else is just wrong or delusionalā€.

I see what you mean about the blowbacks. Sexuality is a highly sensitive (though natural) subject for all of us. So we may have to think twice before interfering, even if our intentions are good. And once again, Iā€™m not a choir child myself after all, so, I get it.

My own is ego is still prone to get offended more often than I wish it would. So I can understand that this may happen for anybody else as well.

About being soulless: again, this is not about being inferior or totally deprived from a soul. I mean, if youā€™ve read Joshā€™s previous posts, youā€™ve surely also read some of mines and thus know my general approach. Even if Iā€™m not a choir child, can you imagine me labeling anyone as ā€œsoullessā€? Me??

Itā€™s not about that. Let me give just simple examples from my own geography/culture (in order not to hurt anybody from another culture): when some more or less ā€œspiritualā€ practices (no need to name them) are being conducted with a person, it happens that this person gets a paler shade of skin. This is about energy depletion, etc. you know what I mean.

And this is when some people interpret it as a ā€œloss of the soulā€ or as if the soul of that person had quit the body. Temporarily or not.

Or, you know about birthmarks and other over-pigmentation examples. Again, speaking at the moment only from my own cultureā€™s perspective, these are sometimes interpreted as the signs of more mature souls. I donā€™t say superior; just more experienced, if you will.

No need for other examples (there are too many of them). So this was just my point when I saw the original post and tried to elaborate about it, trying to grasp the thing. But again, never with the intention to hurt anybody or insinuate that anybody on any realm would be soulless.

I hope I was clear enough this time.

Iā€™m glad anyway at the end of such discussions. Like Sammy wrote, this allows us to go beyond an echo chamber mentality and put on our way potential new milestones.

3 Likes

Like I said, refreshing. :smiley: I will say that multicultural thinking is very hard for lots of people, especially those that have never left home. Thereā€™s lots and lots of programming that has to be overcome to even make the considerations that youā€™re discussing. Good on you for trying.

OMG, sooo hot, amirite? Silly desert, why canā€™t you be the beach?!?

2 Likes

I think that YOU are the one who is refreshing.

I was very young at that time and so, hardly remember, but I still have some memory of that heat, yes! :sweat_smile:

Maybe I should just stop and not give anymore personal info, butā€¦ I donā€™t like ā€œignoringā€ people when they try to communicate with meā€¦ unless thereā€™s nothing left to do.

We can then take it to pm another day, if you want, since all this may sound like a pointless self-defense and a waste of time for everybody out here. And also, as Atreides had written in one of his posts; sometimes, trying to crystal-clarify your point leads to nothing more than a self-energy drainage. Much pain, but no gain.

I think that this is also my professional deformation. Even if my goal or even competency is not about ā€œpsychoanalyzingā€ everybody, I have/had to deal with all kinds of requests/opinions which seem(ed) totally marginal at first glance. This is what I get paid for.

I have/had to work with ā€œoutlawsā€ or people coming from various cultural, etc. horizons Iā€™ve sometimes never even heard about before. I even have a colleague and beloved friend who had to provide therapy sessions to the murderer of her own cousin, because no other therapist was available in the institution at that time. She has eventually succeeded and no need to say how proud of her I am. An amazing lady for sure.

(ā€¦ and sheā€™s one of the reasons why I can get offended with over-generalizing speeches about womenā€¦ or sometimes youngsters or any other people - but once again, definitely NOT those deciding out of nowhere if we are born with or without a soul according to our color, I mean wt.!!! -

That is, Iā€™m not always overreacting only for myself. We can call it useless solidarity or identification, maybe. Who knowsā€¦ In any case, a problem that I have to solve sooner or later.)

So yes, I deal with some people having almost mind-blowing visions of the worldā€¦ And sometimes, I even have to gather them together inside the same therapy group. I let you imagine the fiesta sceneriesā€¦

The request of each of them can be summarized as follows:

ā€œSee me, hear me, feel meā€¦ me and my storyā€¦ before judgingā€.

You can be sure that if I only heard their most obvious/on-the-surface statements, my first ā€œreflexā€ with some of them would have easily been: ā€œShut the fā€¦k up, just go and spread your poisonous stupidity elsewhere, will you!!!ā€ and slam the door on their face. I would have been tempted to do that all the more, given that some of them can be sometimes very challenging or insulting, even towards me. Like ā€œI donā€™t give a dime about your cheap diplomas and your let-me-cure-you-all-idiots attitude, Brony!ā€

ā€¦ or sometimes worse.

But tell me, what would I get if I slammed the door?.. Plus, my job has an ethics code, I canā€™t ā€œselectā€ people, etc. Itā€™s not easy everyday, butā€¦ Thatā€™s the ā€œgameā€. Itā€™s not a job with butterflies and sunshine all the time. And no any other job is, most likely.

ā€¦ and yes, sometimes I fail or feel completely drained and cry out of rage for hours after the sessions.

A bunch of things that maybe explains why Iā€™m not an easygoing gentle lady, even in this forum. What can I sayā€¦ Not posting anymore would be an option, as I already said without any irony.

But so, yes, instead of sending those guys to waltz elsewhere, I always try to see what they are trying to communicate behind the curtain. Until theyā€™ve said it all.

And at the end, most of the time, I find out that all is only due to a lack of love and/or a lack of opportunity to discover anything beyond their own daily experience, framework, etc.

This has nothing to do with playing the superhero, taking sides or acknowledging every single thing they believe or do. NO. This is rather the only way to offer, afterwards, any constructive feedback and even counter-argumentation (or sometimes ā€œlet it beā€ just as it is), while providing support to any person whoā€™s trying to do some self-work.

And also the only way imo, in the long term and in many contexts other than my job, to bypass individual differences (though I will always keep enjoying some of those differences, because Iā€™m not interested in seeing the doppelgƤngers of myself all over the placeā€¦) and reach any kind of ā€œunityā€ or at least integration with the Universe or whatever we may call it.

1 Like

I just want to add one thing, because I think itā€™s important

Every. single. person. on. earth. feels this way.
There is no monopoly on this feeling for those that hurt or have had a bad upbringing.

In fact, those of higher consciousness actually feel MORE deeply and therefore HURT more deeply and are LESS understood than othersā€¦ask anyone who just took the Energy Awareness class.

But you know where people LISTEN and UNDERSTAND and donā€™t judge?
the next planesā€¦

Literally, the first ā€œhalfā€ of time spent on the next level up is ALL about hearing and understanding and having compassion for everyoneā€™s unique experiences and coming together under Unity.

The goal of this plane, as nearly every spiritual teaching has said, is to ā€œgraduateā€ out of it so one can actually enjoy all the goodness of those other planes where all these things like ā€œsuper-saiyanā€ powers and ā€œunderstanding and unityā€ are quite the norm and appreciated.

Sorry, I didnā€™t make these ā€œrulesā€ ā€¦ youā€™ll have to talk to our local Star about that :wink:

7 Likes

:wink:

Not gonna lie, your post was a bit tough for me to digest, but this is definitely my favorite part. Completely agree - ā€œbad behaviorā€ is generally caused by either ignorance or the expression of hurt, and compassion is the best way to encourage positive change.

1 Like