Spirit Animals

I really love the concept of animal guides and haven’t seen a thread of it’s own so I thought why not create one

What I’ve found is that what we call spirit animals is basically energy infusion of a certain animal archetype or simply resonance with it that matches our and/or our soul’s desires at a given period

Thus we have:
Spirit animal - animal archetype that resonates with our essence and purpose for a given lifetime
Totem animal(s) - this one resonates with our conscious intentions and accompanies us until they’re fulfilled
Shadow totem - unlike totem it represents our subconscious intentions and desires

Simple way to find out yours would be via intention, i remember last summer when I asked what my animal guides are, a pigeon starting coming to my window every day, and i was bombarded with pictures of foxes, and this winter one even came into my yard which was super rare
Another recurring animal in my life is an owl, what i find is often when my monkey mind does it’s thing i will hear an owl hooting and it kinda brings me back to the present, and a few weeks ago i had a pleasure of actually seeing an owl in person, I was in awe

Please share yours down below!

15 Likes

That’s a really interesting theme!

I will try to find out mines in the incoming days :smiley: although I’ve noticed already that a falcon or a similar bird likes to spend time in an old tree near my house. Maybe it’s pointing to something :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Yes, interesting thread. Thanks for opening it :)

The Bear by Jean-Jacques Annaud is one of my favorite movies since my childhood. Always rewatching it with the same emotions (with lots of tears all over the place lol). Might be the first thing that made me love bears.

A few years ago, a friend of mine had offered me a bear statuette at New Year’s Eve. With the year written on it. The first half of the year had been filled with what I interpreted as the happiest moments of my life…

… and then poof, big chain of nightmare popping up. And this is also when I discovered Sapien Medicine (it took me some more time though before becoming a regular user).

Anyway, the bear was omnipresent throughout that year. In my dreams, synchronicities, etc. Overwhelmingly.

So I had started digging more about its hidden meanings, symbolism, etc. in different sources and realized how much it fits the general essence of my life so far lol.

So bear it is :bear:

9 Likes

Thats why you love The Tree Experience audio :smirk:

3 Likes

I have always felt super connected to animals, since very small i used to say we could talk and understand each other :grin:🥸 so i grew up researching an learning about all type of animals but more than knowing their physics etc i wanted to know what magic each one carries because i sworn they had magic (my family used to tell jokes about that in family reunions :roll_eyes: )

So one of the things i learned is that its not like we carry the essence of an animal from birth, but more like one or 2 or 3 have chosen us to protect us, guide us and uplift us in our journey. However we can tap into ANY animal essence if we want/need it, just like any other thing by meditating and calling them, visualize them, have pics of them around etc steadily, daily, and then when they start showing up in real life or dreams, tv, magazines etc you know their energy is reaching you so you can use it.

But the ones that have chosen us could come right away if we need to get back to our center or feel lost etc, no matter what attributes they have and may be different than what we need at the time, they kinda shake us to realign us with the “all” and remind us that we are part of a whole and we belong.

Owl and Wolf have always been around me in million ways and i know they are always with me. They center me and remind me who I am.

However 4 years ago at a weekend retreat with a beautiful Shaman from the Venezuelan Amazon, i got visions of totally different ones :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that retreat was specifically to discover the totem animals.

What i saw was so accurate to my essence i was surprised because i had never been close to those. when we got into details with each i understood a lot about my journey.

Giraffe (resilience -that neck boy lol helps me to reach very far if i stretch myself to actually go higher)
Baby Orangutan (i honestly forgot id have to look again)
Monarch butterfly (anchored to my inner child)

:two_hearts:

Also if you start seeing an animal every where in different forms then check the meaning and usually their energy is what you need at the time and they are trying to call your attention for you to harness that :notes:

8 Likes

Pretty sure mine’s a wendigo.

3 Likes

Or a Fox …

2 Likes

Lmfao

P.S Luna, I’m not samurai

1 Like

I don’t know, I’ve been thinking about Bulls for a while. I got this picture in my head, the beauty of it. Charging straight forward, no distractions, complete focus until you hit something, going through whatever is in front of oneself.
I told myself, if I ever was the type of guy who gets a tattoo, I’d get a bull

7 Likes

Superhuman genius bull.

a bull with glasses haha

4 Likes

Haha yes, very likely. I hope Dreamweaver will release a Bear Experience or Bear Aura :p Although I already have some of its attributes, I’d love to hang out in the streets and being perceived as a big bear :)))

I enjoyed reading your longer post as well. Lots to reflect on it :)

8 Likes

I always enjoy yours Ms Poet Bear :heart:

2 Likes

I guess mine is a snake

3 Likes

I don’t have any strong connection with particular animals, but I pay attention when I see one repeatedly or in circumstances where it seems to catch my attention or it would be unusual or uncommon for them to appear.

For example, we have a garden, and butterflies flit around occasionally. That’s “normal”. But if one that were a color I had never seen before in my life, like bright orange, (when usually I see yellow, white, or black) come all the way up to the upstairs bathroom just when I go inside, then I think about it a little more.:slight_smile:

I have the Spiritsong Tarot deck that features a different animal on each card, with some keywords on their traits and qualities as they relate to the card, and I like picking one or two for the day for inspiration, or sometimes I’ll carry the card around with me so I can see it and remember to channel their strengths.

Some reference books I like, to look up meanings:

• The Book of Beasties by Sarah Bamford Seidelmann

• The Secret Power of Spirit Animals by Skye Alexander

• Animal Speak by Ted Andrews

3 Likes

Hello “my” li(lo)brary :books: :+1:t2: :pray:t2:

This deck looks extra gorgeous! I think I’m going back to Tarot. Because the last deck I bought was Sibilla Mysteries (different stuff, though related of course), found randomly in a tobacco shop in Italy lol but still couldn’t decipher what’s it about :)))

1 Like

For me it’s a wolf. I can very much identify with a lot of their character traits . I actually learned this through the wolf experience from dreams seeds.
I kept asking when they’re gonna put thus track on patreon and if the shirt will be back . Now I own both :)
Everytime I wear the wolf shirt i get more interested in wolfs and end up watching wolf documentaries on YouTube.
I find that the audio and the shirt feel a little different, so I suspect their not one and the same field.

Btw wolfs are very misunderstood creatures, there is the myth of the lone wolf ,but they’re actually really social creatures that take care of their pack.

I also loved panda bears my whole life ,even as a kid my first teddy bear was a panda bear haha
So it’s one of those :smile::man_shrugging: but I suspect it’s the wolf

I only had one dream twice in my life and that was a wolf going around my house , looking through the window .

3 Likes

Literally 2 minutes ago a squirrel ran across my balcony reminding me that I also really like them . I dont identify with them ,but I love to watch them .when they do shit they do it always 100% and they’re always so motivated an active :smile::rocket::chipmunk:
I think my friend @This_Boy_Here has a thing or two to say about them :)

3 Likes

Yes yes! :heart::pray: ah Sibilla, why am I not surprised you like to pick the road less traveled. :joy: well, it’s a different animal for sure, and I haven’t felt brave enough to get into it just yet. Tbh I had drifted away from tarot, but when Dream released the Arcana albums, I got called back into it.:joy:

I like the Spiritsong because the animals seem more ethereal than carnal. They’re not just an animal, but the energy/essence of the entire species. You know how in Moana, the manta ray which is the spirit of her grandmother looks like it’s tattooed with beautiful glowing lines.:blue_heart: That’s what the art style reminds me of.

There are tons of other animal oracle decks too! As well as animal-themed tarot. Some I vibed with some I didn’t. When I want something more playful, I reach for the Affirmators tarot. And this reminds me, I have a Gummibear tarot which I adore. I love their little mushy faces, so sad and yet so brave.

So if I were pressed to choose an animal that represents me, it would probably be a gummy bear. In my heyday, the type soaked in vodka.:sunglasses: But now it’s probably the one with vitamins or CBD. :massage_woman:t2: #mood

2 Likes

Ah you know Sibilla? :partying_face: Finally someone to whom I can ask about the numbers on it :p

I’m still processing your post, you gave me (once again) a lot of material to google and read :)) but I wouldn’t complain!

1 Like

obviously, mine would be :monkey_face: :monkey:

8 Likes