Spiritual insights about pregnancy abortion please

Hi there, I was in a strange decision making process with my partner. So I’m interested in your opinions and insights to this topic… What do you think about?

2 Likes

Well… I can tell you what i wonder about it…

I wonder at what point does a soul incarnate? after conception? After all the chakras develop? I think these things would be necessary to know to have an opinion on it from a spiritual standpoint

5 Likes

I have no approved knowledge :see_no_evil: my momentary point of view is…

I think it comes to a connection between the soul and the embryo with conception or a bit later, but I don’t think the soul is fully incarnated. Somewhere I red, that the soul fully incarnates in 7th or 8th Mont of pregnancy

I’m not advising anything about abortion, I’m neutral.

I’m sure it’s stressful for you…. But

Reminds me of religious people trying to find loopholes in their religious text.
Funny story: I knew a lady, she was Muslim and technically a virgin, she just did a lot of oral and anal sex with many dudes for years. Apparently Allha said something about this orifice but not the others…

Or people who go lawyer mode against the Torah interpreting words and doing arguably worse but at least not subject to rule XYZ.

You can do what you want, many other people have done it. But the analytical/spiritual rationalizing… not sure how far that’ll get you.

If you want to do it and feel good about yourself, you don’t need this.

Ultimately you are the one giving yourself the permission or not and whatever people feel about it will stay the same.

No one will give you the exact date that makes it ok or not ok. Maybe there are more important things to worry about in this situation. Either way, it probably won’t feel pretty.

I would ask myself about how I feel about it and if I’m willing to pay the consequences for keeping or aborting it in the long term and if there are other options like giving it up or whatever

Just my stupid opinions, no offense intended

5 Likes

This is a difficult question and even discussing it and thinking about it requires a fair bit of empathy from people.
I am sure there are exceptions, but I think the saying of “you are only one unplanned pregnancy away from being pro choice” stands pretty firm.

Again there are probably some exceptions, but for most people, this is a choice between two unimaginable things - having a child under circumstances that would make it impossible to provide for that child, or having an abortion that will lie heavy on their mind and conscience for the rest of their lives.
They both could easily feel like it’s the end of their lives in a way.

I read somewhere that most women who go for an abortion do it in the same desperate state as a trapped animal who would chew their leg off to get away.

I can read it in your post that the choice lies heavily on both of you at the moment and I really feel for you. It sounds like she wouldn’t want to have an abortion under other circumstances, but feels unable to cope with going through with the pregnancy.

I would say, the sooner the decision can be made, the better - I don’t know where you live, some places allow abortion until quite a late stage, while in most European countries will not allow it more or less after 10-12 weeks (counter from the end of the last period), unless the pregnancy is not viable or the mother’s life is in danger.

I’m really not sure about the spiritual side.
In the end not many of us know anything so it’s just one biased opinion Vs biased opinion.

I do think that at the end of the day each action we take creates a sort of an echo in our being which compounds and accumulates into “patterns” that would have to be “de-patterned” eventually.
I don’t believe in the concepts of heaven, hell and such, but I do think that decisions and actions have consequences, and you will face those whatever you choose (and I’m not saying that in a “punishment for abortion” kind of way at all).

I have half a mind to share this or not, I don’t really want to invite arguments… this is a “spiritual” person advocating for a “humane” approach versus black and white or overly theorizing:

3 Likes

Lol

My friend found out its haram to do Anal and got upset. Damn bro, I was like bro find a wife first. Before u get upset about the things u cant do.

Yeah bro she cappin
:rofl:

2 Likes

With conception there is already the person.