Statements with Negatives and the Subconscious Mind

I am ONE with my subconscious and everything else. No separateness for me please dear JAAJ :raised_back_of_hand:, I’m so over all those things :p

Just kidding. Stinky jokes aside, I say it again: the subject deserves a serious reflection for sure. What’s hidden under our choices, tastes, identifications, and all the rest. Nothing to be taken lightly at the end of the day. Good thing that you’ve brought it on the table.

(My Led Zeppelin collection will always be one of the 3 things that I’ll take with me on a desert island though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

Thank you from me as well for your testimonial @psynergy. It got me thinking for several minutes. Trying to imagine you as an organist :) while also rewinding a little. I mentioned this a few times here and there, I was trained as a musician from my childhood until age 23-24. I was aiming for a musical career in orchestra conducting.

Leading an orchestra was a nightmare at that time, stage anxiety, and blabla, which has made me quit eventually and switch to mental health lol (still kept using music in therapies though).

But when performing in smaller ensembles like chamber music (or a few amateur jazz/rock attempts with friends also outside of the conservatory), I remember the sense of freedom that I rarely found anywhere else ever since. Freedom and union with the co-performers. Or communion.

I don’t adhere to strict associations like major = happy / minor = sad. It’s more complicated than that (even when there are no lyrics or other accompanying cues). Less compartmented. And when I look at my choices of favorite composers: Maurice Ravel, Claude Debussy… well… lol.

This applies sometimes even when there’s no lyrics involved. I remember that once, I had to play something from Olivier Messiaen. I don’t remember which one but it was one of those in which you have to punch the piano lol and other extravagancies. I had hardly learned the score, I was like “what do I care… I bet even the jury can’t recognize the notes properly hohoho”. So I went on stage, done my show (playing mostly the wrong notes/chords). But I was so convinced and fully immersed in my performance that I got one of my best grades ever lol.

So it would be more appropriate to say in this case that the “felt action” had anchored the music.

Anyway, what I also realize once again is that lyrics have always been secondary for me. I even totally ignore them sometimes (my subconscious picking them or not is another part of the story). And since the musical part is more abstract, untangible, etc. that’s what I’m referring to when I say that I only care of what I do with the material (both as a listener and as a performer). In my inner world. No matter how unorthodox or diluted it can be, no matter if the dude is talking about trash stuff while for me, it resembles a Sunday afternoon sipping some tea laying on the grass. That’s my way to reach catharsis.

5 Likes

beautiful!

same! i have noticed that my friends were into music theory and depending on the music theorist they listen to it would colour their experience with chords and musical progression.

i love this! thank you for this goody!

i’m the other way around! i love that we have unique ways of seeing music!

not to generalize, but lyrics and music can be like left brain and right brain.

i only recently included music with no lyrics into my playlists because of a friend who composes. before that, i only listened to musics with lyrics as it made more sense with my background in choral singing.

music used ‘negatively’ can also be a good thing. for the gamers, this is how you get epic battle music. the composers and musicians intentionally evoke tension and dischord within you to help get you immersed into the fights.

4 Likes

I now have made the decision that I personally will no longer listen to any songs with negative lyrics or with negations / hidden negative statements in them. That is even if I love the melody.

Reason:
While the melody can feel awesome and uplifting in the SHORT-TERM, I caught myself continuing singing the lyrics of the song in my head for days later, repeating the lyrics again and again, which then is definitely negative input for the subconscious mind in the LONG-TERM.

Since long-term is almost always the key to success in life, this is the path I am choosing now. Since my life is 90-98% manifested and guided by my subconscious mind, it really really matters for me what I put into in :love_letter:.

Also because of what @psynergy wrote:

This makes 100% sense to me that those negative affirmations are amplified because of the emotional energy put into it.

Plus, the subconscious mind starts to ASSOCIATE the positive feeling from the melody with the negative affirmations from the lyrics, which we all know from NLP 101, will mess one up and install unhealthy triggers and anchors.

Thanks Mate for this key realization!

It is also not difficult to let go of those songs since there is enough awesome music without any lyrics, and even with those negative songs I can still listen to an instrumental version of these.
Or as some say:
“No one ever went broke by not entering a shity deal.” :wink:

One could see this also as an analogy of eating cholocate and crisps:
In the short-term when you eat it, it tastes/feels amazing and “uplifting” (dopamine/serotonin). But in the long-term it messes up the gut flora and over-acidfies the body. Hence, the decision is now clear to me :v:

6 Likes

…oh and also:

Who has time to listen to music anyways, when the daily Sapien playlist is 70+ hours long? :joy:

5 Likes

Exactly lol, my music is basically sapien now :laughing:

You can’t escape it, music is on in shops, bars, friends’ place etc.
And yeah sometimes I also put something on, but it is rather rare.
When I was a teenager I was really into (rock) music and I didn’t even understand the concept of someone not being able to name 5-6 bands they were REALLY into :sweat_smile: now I’m one of those people :scream::scream:

9 Likes

For those who want to go this route but do find it difficult, know that there is catchy music that is both uplifting and has positive lyrics. Easy internet search! I’ve been really into meaningwave which Abundance and Million Dollar Mindset Journey - #23 by DavisSapien posted.

That’s why subliminals can also be effective. The ho’oponopono song is also a great example of music made into magic.

The beauty about morphic fields is that you can practice replaying the music in your head and your subconscious will also bring up the morphic field energy this way as well. Strength will vary depending on how much you practice.

I say this because it’s the same with bringing up a song that has meaning to you. You start recalling the memories you’ve experienced, the emotions you felt, and the thoughts you thought.

i’ll provide a negative example of music and experience relation. someone i know got into an accident and the song that was playing in their car was “uplifting” musically but the lyrics had “Boom, boom, boom”. Just as a general tip, being observant with a clear mind helps in your part to keep you safe.

A positive example would be all the love songs during a proposal.

6 Likes

Here’s something I had completely forgotten about…

So a guy named Paul Hoffman created an entire album called Success Songs, which was created to counteract all of the negative/ non-useful messaging found in the majority of music these days. It was released around the time of The Secret. You can find them on YouTube. They’re not all chart-toppers (lol) but maybe a few will resonate with you.

4 Likes