Statements with Negatives and the Subconscious Mind

In most professional literature on hypnosis, subliminals and subconscious mind programming we find that experts say that the subconscious mind does not understand negative statements like e.g. “I am not fat”, and actually hears “I am fat” instead.

Now think about lyrics in music songs.
Many of them have such statements with negations in them.
The question is, when such a statement with a negations is in the song, does this actually act as a negative programming for the subconscious mind?

Does the subconscious mind really 100% filters out the “not’s” and “no’s” when it hears the messages?
Or does the underlying context/concept matter under which the message is conveyed?
Or does the emotion matter that one has when actually hearing the music?

E.g. in mainstream music there are many with uplifting melodies but negative lyrics or statements with negations.

Or a statement with a negation is actually meant as something positive.

Professionally done subliminals usually avoid any type of negative statements because of this because there is no context behind the statement that the conscious mind can accompany it with.

But if I consciously feel good about a song (= uplifting melody) but the lyrics is negative, either directly or through statements that include negations, which do you think will prevail?

What is stronger?

• The statement with the negation?
  • The consciously understood context of the message?
  • The emotion I actually get from the melody?
  • The actual concept behind the message?

That which is stronger will ultimatively manifest.

Or will a positive feeling be linked by the subconscious mind with a negative affirmation?

So these are the questions.
What do you guys think?

15 Likes

Great question!

As I recently told someone, I’m not touching this subject with a 10 foot pole.
People get very triggered about “their” music vs “spirituality”.

So, if you are serious about this, I would say consciousness calibration test songs, as that takes all the above questions into account.
Some will be above 200, some will not.
Then you get to decide what you are listening to and why.

21 Likes
12 Likes

i guess this thread is my final cue to break up with power metal lol :hot_face:

13 Likes

Lol
maybe so.

After reading Power Vs Force in 2007 I gave up a lot of the music I was listening to.

10 Likes

I don’t have the stats but I’m pretty sure this one tests ok :wink:

4 Likes

Really a great question and one I’ve pondered about as well before. Great to see answers here. Actually ever since I found out about morphic fields, I have generally been feeling a bit more cautious about public music and images. While in probably 98 - 99 %, there is absolutely nothing to worry about, how to definitely know a song I hear or an image I see isn’t programmed to get me to do something (maybe even negative). I don’t mean to be sinister or get conspiratorial, but it does seem to be a logical thought to have. I guess, again, the key is to discern and to learn as much as possible, so one is in a better place to recognize and protect themselves.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for feedback, especially @_OM and @Kyle_Reese for matching music with certain levels of consciousness vibration and posting link to article. I will need to look deeper into the works of Mr. Hawkins.

These days I am particularly careful with mainstream music.
Some of them have very beautiful melodies and voices, but at the same time negative lyrics.
An example for this would be Ariana Grande’s “No Tears Left to Cry” (personal opinion of course) – it has a nice melody and great voice, but messages in the lyrics that imply negative things to the subconsious mind:

Another examples would be Taylor Swift’s “Delicate” and Vanbot’s “Bitter Is The Sweetest Part”:

Now when looking at Hawkins’ scale of consciousness vibration, all of these song examples rather resonate with me somwhere between the “Willingness” and the “Joy” level, because these are the emotions I get when I listen to them:

grafik

These songs also feel rather “expanding” than “contracting”.

This observation would align with celebrity singers existing on a rather much more high vibrational level than the average masses (even if the masses would believe otherwise).

Which means I can now answer my own question for myself:
It is about overall vibration of a song and the generated feeling prevails over the lyrics :slight_smile:

PS:
I believe the right way to calibrate and find out the vibrational level of certain things would be through the Higher Self and not through the subconscious mind, because the subconscious mind will distort the feedback based on its beliefs and existing programming. In my opinions, testing with kinesiology does not give one access to ultimate universal knowledge and thus results are always distorted through one’s personal subconscious mind setup.

Okay, now time to go and loop my Sarah Brightman playlist.

3 Likes

There was this one metal band I really loved and another Alternative/Indie band with a front singer who had such a beautiful (read:deep and enchanting) voice that I absolutely loved. Before even getting introduced to more concepts of spirituality, I dropped listening to her songs first and next was the metal band… for it hit me really deeply how the vibes, lyrics, “bond” affected me and my energies and the general vibes of approach I had to my life then.

Was a hard breakup lol but definitely had to let go. For the better :)

/insert new favorite hits by Sapien Med all-genres Recording Labs/

*Lady from Excalibur singing in the background :notes: :studio_microphone: *

5 Likes

Lol haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Why are you laughing?

Sarah Brightman is the only singer who performs “My Heart Will Go On” better than Celine Dion :wink: :hugs::

Hawkins level 800-1000 :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes I love her :) brought a lovely giggle to read her name (as your high vibed singer) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I lol’ed at this as well somehow.
Still her voice is impeccable.

It’s true…i recently went through all my music albums, and created a high vibes song folder, and tbh there aren’t so many, unless you look very closely

5 Likes

@Kay you know popping ads on apps now, I’ve a very weird sensation towards, and as much as I always have my shielding tag I like to kinda “activate” in the very back of my head my strongest empath shield whenever ads pop up (and sometimes certain ads might have a more/different vibe) and also whenever I enable location lol i immediately feel different. But as much as the latter might have different explanations, it’s the reason I always have my location on only on demand and not always approved for tracking and different location ’services’.

4 Likes

Cough

From the article:

There are different levels of music. It DOES NOT MEAN that some music is “better” than others. It simply represents different moods and feelings you may want to experience at all levels. I personally enjoy all kinds of music from all over the Map! (Even below 200 on occasion when I really want to rock out to AC/DC, as an example!)

I’m coughing because of the AC/DC part… as I’m also someone still rocking out with that one and others <3

Interesting thread to reflect on, of course :+1: Perso, I guess I feel closer to what Maoshan Wanderer had once said about horror movies (as a big consumer himself). I was never worried about the kind of music that I’m listening and after his post, I’m even less worried. What matters to me is what I do with them afterward (same for movies, although I don’t watch horror ones), how I integrate them into all the rest, and the effort that I try to maintain in order to keep any possible junk residues at distance.

5 Likes

@Bronyraur
The question here is also, not what you consciously do with the music, but what the subconscious mind does with it and what it gets out of it as messages and instructions :wink:

3 Likes

I used to be an organist and the music we played was simple, yet beautiful. However, the lyrics were always desperate and codependent on an external source. In the lyrics, that external source was their version of a god that was selfish and only helped if it was for its benefit.

Worship services would be filled with crying and solemnity. I hated it.

The composers knew the affect of their music. I also started realizing the affects of my playing. I’ve already mentioned in a past thread that if I played something exaggeratedly slow that I would hear more crying. There were choir members that would ask me to play it at the regular speed, but I wouldn’t listen as I am the organist and they don’t play. Writing this out, I realized I was mimicking their god that won’t listen and does whatever it wants.

Now that I think about it, I was actually addicted to everyone’s sadness and wanted to bring up more and more of it. I also mentioned in another thread that in high school I looped this very depressing song that kept my mental emotional state sad for months. I saw beauty and meaning in that sadness. I also realized now that it may have affected my heart chakra.

In the final years leading up to my departure from all religion, I would only sing the parts that were uplifting and just lipsync the parts that glorified being a victim.

I also had a friend who was in a heavy metal band before he got into spirituality. He shared that there were so many “freak accidents” that would happen when they went on tour. He also started to notice how their fans acted and all of that made him decide to stop singing heavy metal.

So yeah, in my experience the lyrics gain more “power” based on the emotions and meaning everyone puts into it. The music helps anchor the lyrics.

Saying all this, I don’t recommend completely getting rid of the songs you like even if they don’t have a “positive” message.

All emotions, even sadness and anger, are to be felt. The power is in being aware of this and being proactive with your emotions, time, and energy.

I used to deny my sadness by forcing myself to listen to “happy songs”. Negative emotions will still be there so it is best to experience them when they’re manageable and not at the last minute that makes one lose control.

If you’re sad, it’s alright to listen to sad music to connect and allow the energy to be expressed.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a perspective I was not aware of previously. Thank you very much.

Fully agree. If the feelings are genuine, then they must be expressed.

However, if a negative affirmation from a lyric is anchored into the subconscious mind through impactful music, then this sounds like something to avoid at all costs :thinking:.
If this really works this way, then this would be like listening to a boosted negative subliminal.

3 Likes

This is why I stopped listening to popular radio. The ones with the money choose what you listen to and it’s usually less than 10 songs day after day.

Concerts are another thing to be observant of. I would choose concerts and artists with high integrity.

3 Likes

Yes! I think it’s a great idea to definitely always be / stay aware, reflect like you are doing it for example, and not turn on things (e.g. location) when they aren’t necessary.