Sustainability Practices Megathread

Inspired by

Note: Not restricted to this idea only as this is an open thread to share other kinds of ideas using the Themes below as a reference point

Themes / Thread Content Guidelines

Theme:

Any form of life skills, links, videos, books, advice which covers any of the following… (may update as i go)

• Having less impact on the environment.
  • Less waste
  • Less carbon footprint
  • More biodegradability
  • Reusability
  • Cost effective / economical
  • Long term investment, higher return?? (Keeps giving back / more stability / saves more money)
  • Practical for everyday lifestyle
  • Local
  • Self sustainable
  • Open Source information
  • Modularity / adaptability
  • Simplicity / minimalism
  • Ethical sources / services
  • Recycling
  • Upcycling
  • Bartering
  • Freecycling
  • Gardening
  • Renewable resources / energy
    • solar, wind, water, Zero energy, energy transformation / conversion - heat to energy, air / water to fuel)
Keywords

Low waste, zero waste, reusable, sustainable, saving money, buy it for life, bifl, long lasting

Here is an example

10 Likes

Though I like the idea, it needs to be specific to the region I think, people born in a particular region on the planet, the foods that grow on that part of the planet have some kind of relationship. Italians can eat pizza and pasta and look slim while Asians can eat the same and look like balloons.

3 Likes

I like those countryside cooking videos on YT mostly Chinese I have come across, where they are self-sufficient and have lots of home grown food, it is like heaven. They have nice setup in the kitchen and outside for everything.

1 Like

That´s what I like about hiking. You are forced to consider what is actually important and prioritize.
Not just dump things into a basement/attic etc. to forget, while you collect tons of junk over the years.

It´s freeing to keep (physical) properties spartanic.

The things you own end up owning you. It’s only after you lose everything that you’re free to do anything

2 Likes

Feel free to share a link as this is an open idra sharing thread for the topic. Treat it like the meme thread but following the guidelines

Like this?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t watch much, once in a while, will share sure :+1:

1 Like