Testimonials thread for trading/selling NFTs?

Also agree. Contribution should be positive, helpful if possible

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this and I honestly havenā€™t been able to come up with a good way to safeguard this, or have criteria that would completely eliminate the risk.

But personally, I have done tons of trades, well into the double digits, and have never been scammed. Seems that the grand majority of people on the forum are integrous and trusting. But, never hurts to be uber safe. The most definitive way Iā€™ve been able to vet people is by looking at their past posts, getting a vibe from them that way. Looking through tons of their posts across their time on the forum has helped me massively in discerning who to trust and who to not trust.

Another alternative is if one person trading has been around the forum for a long time, contributed a lot, etc, they are obviously not very likely to scam for a number of reasons, but even a selfish reason of not wanting to be exposed to the whole community & have their whole account banned. So if it is questionable, this method is great!

4 Likes

@SammyG
I know that this is doable (the creation process, that is), the question is whether or not itā€™s too cumbersome a process to establish. Someone will have to discern which forum members receive the Trusted Trader badge. I know weā€™re not heavy on mods these days, so, if this is deemed a good idea, perhaps you want to tap someone (or a few already trusted someones who have done trades) to do this. After the first wave is done, it will be easier as time passes. Or, if we just continue trading as we have been (without ā€œtrusted traderā€), that works also, lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking on this. If someone has facilitated at least 3 successful trades, then perhaps they can get the trusted trader badge?

We can also maybe have trade facilitators, that for a fee, act as the middle men for trades (people with 5+ trades only).

Then with newcomersā€¦ they just have to be the first ones to send. Only fair. And since theyā€™d choose a trusted badge member, less risk for them anyways.

Still open for discussion so Iā€™d like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

23 Likes

and letā€™s give those the " beloved trader " badge :D!

4 Likes

FYI

In case close to that date you are thinking of exchanging a Venly NFT for one of Crypto better wait until after in case it takes longer than a few hours.
You dont want to send your venly NFT and be waiting on Crypto to be up to date.

4 Likes

LMAOOOOO luna petrified with anything related to crypto.com

We appreciate the update lol

1 Like

Nah. Haha

Actually im one of the few that has had a great experience with crypto and dont know why so many havent :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But yeah its because some say they cant get in their account anymore and this post is about avoiding shady things lol

1 Like

This sounds like a good idea :+1:. How would we verify the trades themselves? I would understand if you would need additional proof of the trade actually having happened if itā€™s between 2 people who are relative newcomers to the forum (like myself). But in the case of a newcomer and a seasoned member of the forum, would it be enough for the seasoned member to vouch for the trade?

1 Like

cant somone just do 3 trade get the money for it then run away with a lot of other trades. We could have a rule where the person can only trade one NFT at a time and once that is done the next one can be sent to the trader. what you think :man_shrugging:

1 Like