The Bromelain and Papain Skin Treatment (Patreon)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/74297363?utm_campaign=postshare_fan

Bromelain and Papain are fruit-based enzymes (from pineapple and papaya respectively)

Used often to help with internal issues and also as meat tenderizers.

This can promote the breakdown and digestion of damaged proteins, in this case Only the skin cells are targeted, throughout the body.

So tenderize your skin, or rather promote a healthy refreshing glow by breaking down the older and damaged cells.

A milder and safer peel in a sense.

3 - 4 times

61 Likes

Fantastic! I have a papaya body scrub and have also used these compounds in supplement form, I love them! Thanks :grinning:

13 Likes

I mean, since we’re here, is there a field that covers or exceeds the effects of Retinol, AHA, BHA, Azelaic Acid, etc.?

And SPF, since we’re at it :D
Talking about SPF, I know there are some supplements which provide skin protection from the inside – or more like, instead of shielding, they processes the damage (I think they’re mostly derived from carotenoids).

3 Likes

19 Likes

edited😆

3 Likes

Put it back in there! :smiley:

3 Likes

Interesting. Don’t have time to look much more into it now, buuuuut seems like Bromelain might replace Glycolic Acid. Also curious if by ‘skin’ we’re reffering to skin on entire body.

I wouldn’t concern myself with potential irritation, as this is Captain’s creation.

What this tells me is that it would be good for well… getting rid of dead skin cells, like in the case of keratosis & co., bumpy skin, acne marks, etc…
Should also help with v dry skin, such as on hands, elbows, perhaps even callouses or cuticles. When you have dry skin, ideally you would exfoliate first, then hydrate.
Upon exfoliation, your skin should feel smoother and cleaner quite immediately.

I have a large stretch mark that has been bothering me for a while + keratosis, so this is the perfect experimental case.
I had a dream… that I would no longer have to use creams and potions for this. Uuuuu!!! :heart_eyes: :heartbeat: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Edit:
I’m not sure if I’m making this up, but it does feel smoother with some dead skin removal.

7 Likes

i think its also for digestion. i looped it while getting ready for going out… bad idea

3 Likes

I dunno why you removed it lol
@Hauru
it was all good,
even the mistakes were spectacularly fun.

27 Likes

Papain (Papain)

Application of papain in various industries
Pharmaceutical industry application: drugs containing papain can fight cancer, tumor, lymphoid leukemia, protobacteria and parasites, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc., can reduce inflammation, promote gallbladder, relieve pain, and aid digestion

Bromelain

can selectively exfoliate the skin so that the new skin transplant can be carried out as soon as possible. Animal experiments have shown that bromelain has no adverse effects on adjacent normal skin. Topical antibiotics did not affect the effects of bromelain. Bromelain can effectively treat inflammation and edema in various tissues (including thrombophlebitis, skeletal muscle injury, hematoma, stomatitis, diabetic ulcer and sports injury), and bromelain has the potential to activate the inflammatory response.

@Captain_Nemo thank you :blush:

I do feel my digestion squirming

23 Likes

@Captain_Nemo Can I use this if I have allergy to pineapple? :sweat_smile::pineapple:
Or it’s best not to? Idk…
Also, there’s the allergy field, hmm… :thinking:
Edit: regardless if I can/I’ll use it or not, Thank You for Another Beautiful Field. :pray:

Thank you, @Goliath28.
I know that I have allergies due to IGE - blood test, because of Prick Test (idk if it’s an accurate term) And by actually seeing the reaction when it happens; I don’t think it’s deadly…
I’ll Probably try it; thanks for the answers, Goliath and Captain. :pray:

2 Likes

If you’re deathly allergic, avoid at all cost. If you are mildly allergic try playing it once or twice to see any reaction.

5 Likes

seems logical to me

13 Likes

Is this for guys too? Hope the skin will not get too soft or too tender else it would be awkward.

Hopefully, this field will improve on ichthyosis. In the winter, the dry horny skin is painful.

2 Likes

This got me thinking, can I use this with Tretinoin? (Super strength retinol) I’m on a prescription for it.

If not, I’ll stop it for a week and then try this out :grin: can’t wait!

Thank you for another marvelous creation, Captain! I’m a bit of a skincare fanatic. This makes me very happy :blush:

thanks for this one capt!

4 Likes

Well I also restarted using Tretinoin 0.05% 1 week ago, along with BHA and Azelaic.
Took a break these past days as the skin was peeling.

This 4x, shower, BHA, Azelaic, hydration. I am amazed at how my skin looks and feels. The skin peels are off along with some other stuff that was supposed to go away, face is smooooth but not dry, tight, shiny, beautiful. And white/dark spots seem to have been brought to the surface 10x as compared to other acids. Definitely better than before this exfoliant, these might have all worked in sync.
That’s why I said ‘not sure if making it up’ (but who cares at this point, as long as it works).

Also used this today, not sure if it has anything to do with it… I’ve been using Facial Combination + Face Lift for a while and I’ve never had such quick and obvious results. It seems like the results for those fields kicked in as well.

Edit: Also, no irritation. The irritation I previously had seems to have subsided, in fact.

3 Likes

@allymisfit Ahh to answer your question, you should be able to use it, you can try little by little, as tretinoin should work very well after exfoliation. How often to exfoliate… that is another question, the answer tbd (I’ll likely put this on my daily playlist for now). Though normally ‘irl’ you would introduce exfoliants little by little, as you would with retinol.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing Zea! I’ll need to try BHA sometime.

When you said the spots came to the surface, did you mean pigmentation? And will this eventually disappear, in theory?

I love the facelift fields! They’ve made a huge difference, especially the oldest one.

I decided to just give this one and try and so far, no irritation. Just about to head onto the 3rd listen :slight_smile:
That’s a good idea, taking it little by little with the exfoliation. I might start off 2x a week and build it up each week until I find the sweet spot.

Thanks for your help :cat::pray:

1 Like