The Childhood Trauma/CPTSD/ACEs Group

Thanks for all these references, Beltloop! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Am also going to do some reading of my own based on the names you quote and see what comes up that could be of use to us.

4 Likes

You all are welcome and I’m more than happy to help in the creation of this.

Its been a terrible struggle for me but I’d be extremely happy to create something that allows so many people to be free.

5 Likes

Yeah, this would be amazing. Well done!

1 Like

As far as the addition of Neurofeedback goes, the field would have to be extremely smart in how it goes about doing it.

I’ve worked with 3 different neurofeedback practitioners with a combined 50 years of experience. At some point during treatment with all of these people, we’ve had to do trial and error problem solving.

A slight adjustment of frequency to one area of the brain may help one person calm down. For another person, it may make them depressed. Or it could bring up past memories that are painful and without guidance it could cause some major issues.

I can provide the basic guidelines for Sapien, but I would have to know exactly how smart the field is going to be and if it has the capacity to create the concept of a fully developed brain in all areas. It would basically have to have the same knowledge as a neurofeedback practitioner which is months of training, on top of a degree in psychology or a related field.

Some slight brain adjustments may be universal, and will definitely have to be included, but it would take a lot of knowledge to do a whole session or series of sessions.

I will continue to add things from other sources though.

One place to focus on is the gut-brain axis. Your diet can help or hinder your recovery. I know we have fields that already address gut health, which would be a great pairing with this, but we don’t yet have a “perfect dietician” field. That would be one aspect I would like to target with this.

I have The Perfect 12 NFT and its guiding me to make some nutritional changes. This would work along those lines.

If you’re curious about the connection between your gut and mental health I’d recommend The GAPS Diet book which delves heavily into this.

I’ll be using that as a guideline for this as well. You don’t have to necessarily adopt the GAPS diet, but eating for your mental health, regardless of the diet you choose, is a potent way of healing.

11 Likes

I’m flirting with the idea of an internal combat aid that will assist you in combating your inner critic and triggers.

What this would do is when you are suddenly triggered by an event, your mind and body will go into an active defense against it internally.

A large amount of self-love, self-compassion, parental love and support, and other feelings of positivity will flood into your body and mind to combat the negative feelings that are coming up.

You will automatically begin to breathe deeply, and gain an internal awareness of your body.

The concept of safety and self-respect will kick in immediately.

You will instantly become aware that you are being triggered and that the feelings you are feeling now are from the past. The field will work to center you in that moment (so you don’t disassociate) to overcome the intensity of the trigger. It will create a sort of “mental bubble” to keep you aware of the trigger, but distanced far enough that you have the chance to respond appropriately, rather than acting out of habit.

Unconscious drilling of healthy behaviors, feelings and thoughts

In addition, the regular combat aid comes with a combination of punches and kicks that it endlessly drills into your unconscious mind. When you are in a dangerous situation these moves can kick in immediately without you being conscious of them to help you stay alive.

I would like the internal combat aid to come with a combination of feeling states and thoughts that you can use to combat negativity.

For example, say you’re on a date with someone you’re getting close to, or even someone you’ve known for years. Its been a long time since you’ve seen them and you’ve been looking forward to hanging out with them all week. While you’re hanging out they continue checking their phone regularly and ignoring you.

Your old trauma response could be
A) Get angry (Fight)
B) Tell them you have to leave (Flight)
C) Disassociate into fantasy land, or stay stuck with the negative emotions that you can’t seem to express (Freeze)
D) Try to make them more engaged by talking more, or finding something to make them not want to look at their phone(Fawn)

With an internal combat aid, you will have drilled into yourself countless times how to handle a situation like this. So when the time comes to set a boundary, you will feel completely calm, and can set a boundary. “Hey X, when you keep checking your phone while we’re hanging out, it makes me feel ignored. Do you think you could put your phone down for the next hour?” or something along those lines.

The significance of this is when you’re not used to setting boundaries, you can tend to overreact, or under react with emotions and not get your needs met. This way you can calmly state what you want without feelings of negativity towards yourself or the other person.

The thoughts part would be you thinking positively about yourself, the other person, and the situation as you do this. Otherwise your inner critic will tell you that what you’re doing is wrong, or that them ignoring you is because you’re not fun and of course this would happen to a loser like you, or they’re terrible monsters for wasting your time, etc.

There could also be a component of this that allows them to see you compassionately and fairly as you ask to get your needs met.

This is my idea for solving the problem of how the 4Fs react.

For internal situations, like procrastination, you may see a task and immediately think of how hard it will be and avoid it. As you continue to avoid it you will feel shame towards yourself “why can’t I just do the damn thing? Why am I so lazy?!” and as you feel worse, you’ll avoid it more and more in a negative cycle. When you do get around to the task, you’ll be extremely stressed doing it.

Instead of immediately thinking of how hard it will be, your active defense will kick in and you can say one of the statements Pete Walker recommends for Perfectionism attacks:

Perfectionism My perfectionism arose as an attempt to gain safety and support in my dangerous family. Perfection is a self-persecutory myth. I do not have to be perfect to be safe or loved in the present. I am letting go of relationships that require perfection. I have a right to make mistakes. Mistakes do not make me a mistake. Every mistake or mishap is an opportunity to practice loving myself in the places I have never been loved.

Then start the task.

Every single negative thought you have that comes from trauma will be “attacked” or replaced by a positive one.

Instead of hearing a stream of negative thoughts about yourself, you’ll hear a stream of extremely motivating, positive self-talk.

Images of you failing will be replaced by past successes.

Images of people not liking you, or hurting you, will be replaced by memories of love.

You really have to combat CPTSD almost 24/7 in this respect to overcome it and I believe this would take care of most of the cognitive aspects of it.

4 Likes

We can’t have fields that are already available, but I would like to expand on what Archetype of Parental Love can already do.

I would like to add an Archetype of Fatherly Love, Archetype of Motherly Love, and the Archetype of Healthy Inner child.

Why the expansion?

Childhood trauma creates for many people a loss of their natural masculinity and femininity. I’m talking about the natural polarity that resides in all of us, as we both share masculine and feminine traits. You can overexert either side.

For men this is explored in the book No More Mr. Nice Guy.

The female focused side of this is explored in Will I Ever Be Good Enough?

I believe a healthy healing of masculinity and femininity as a core concept of this field is needed. Unbalanced and toxic sides of either cause many problems for people. It will affect every area of your life if unaddressed.

The concepts I listed above I want to help instill healing of either polarity and get one to not view either side as good or bad, but to accept it and become neutral to it.

What the archetype of a mother can provide is completely different than the archetype of what a father can provide, and one must heal both sides. It is not to say that women are only supportive, or men are only strong, but to recognize that each side work together to provide a complete unification of ones self.

The archetype of the healthy inner child will be restoring the concept of your own inner child to one that was raised in a healthy, loving family and given all the encouragement, praise and support you deserve, but never received.

Both of these concepts should also allow you to become open to receiving love and increasing your self-worth in relationships so you choose better ones.

In addition I would like to add the concept of Post Traumatic Growth.

To appreciate the trauma that one has gone through and the hidden benefits that it now provides. This is the next step after being stuck in survival mode for so long. We must embrace the experiences we’ve gone through and notice how they positively affect our life.

We must also do clearing of genetic expression

The latest scientific research, now making headlines, supports what many have long intuited—that traumatic experience can be passed down through generations. It Didn’t Start with You builds on the work of leading experts in post-traumatic stress, including Mount Sinai School of Medicine neuroscientist Rachel Yehuda and psychiatrist Bessel van der Kolk, author of The Body Keeps the Score. Even if the person who suffered the original trauma has died, or the story has been forgotten or silenced, memory and feelings can live on. These emotional legacies are often hidden, encoded in everything from gene expression to everyday language, and they play a far greater role in our emotional and physical health than has ever before been understood.

Basically, you can be born with trauma. Most people who experience childhood trauma have parents who experienced the same. The parents of your parents likely experienced the same as well. Generation, after generation, after generation. Our genetic expression actually takes on this trauma and its hard wired into us.

This is something essential that must be cleared.

I rarely see it addressed though, and I’m not entirely sure if Blueprint of Life or DNA Repair specifically target this.

Next, we must address the body.

Trauma is as much physical as it is mental.

We need a deep relaxation of the muscles involved in trauma, namely the psoas muscle. As far as my research and reading has gone, this seems to be the main muscle in the body that releases trauma.

If we have a smart field that is able to vibrate the psoas muscle and various areas of the body intelligently (so you won’t have an overreaction and go into further stress and trauma), we can make great progress.

This is covered in Bessel Van Der Kolk’s Work The Body Keeps The Score, currently sitting at 30,000 reviews on Amazon. Its a wide ranging book on trauma and approaches to healing it.

To be honest, I’m nearing completion of what I believe is the ultimate CPTSD field, so if you have something to add, please add it now. I’ve poured a ton of research into this in the last few years and given a lot of thought to this recently.

18 Likes

hi Beltloop,

Thank you for that!

I’m off to work in a minute but will pop by tonight to add my 2 cents. :blush:

5 Likes

Hey
This is really amazing. Thank you for it
So if this does end up being a group NFT though
Please count me in
But if it is for all to purchase potentially
Even better
Thanks for everything

2 Likes

Hi @Beltloop I would like to thank you for creating this thread and for all the research you have shared with us. I resonate with so much in this thread and I have most definitely learnt a lot too!

This is so true!!! It’s like its wired in our DNA. We tend to gravitate towards other traumatized people and in most cases we even land up marrying people who are just as traumatized and so it continues on and on.

As you may already know I work at a primary school. Last year myself and three other staff members attended a trauma counselling course. Our headmaster wanted to have trained staff on hand to help students who needed someone to talk to and for us to also come back and share what we had learnt with the other teachers who weren’t able to attend. Because we live so remotely there are no therapists of any sort around and so any help is always greatly appreciated. It was a brilliant course but very short too, it was only a week long so we are no experts by any stretch of the immagination. All I can say is that I felt that there was a reason why I was selected to attend that course. Each day as I sat there I was always in awe as more and more was explained to us the more I understood why I was the way I am, the way my siblings and parents are the way they are and why each had different coping mechanisms. I remember thinking to myself ooh that’s why so and so is like that i.e parents of students attending the various schools I worked at, close friends, members of the community. I was so thankful and grateful for the opportunity to discover more about myself. But knowing and understanding doesn’t remove the trauma and that is why I am grateful to have to have discovered Sapien Medicine and to have met some very wise members on this Forum who have helped me immensely!

I am excited about this project and very grateful to you for taking the initiative! It’s going to be amazing and it’s going to help so many people myself included!!

6 Likes

Looking forward to it!

I hope this becomes something for everyone. Or some of the more basic concepts become their own individual field.

I understand that @Captain_Nemo has a business to run and his time is valuable, so if this does have to be an NFT I hope it becomes something like Major Blueprint of Power and Minor Blueprint of Power. One is exclusive, the other is available for all.

It actually has a name: The Human Magnet Syndrome. Basically, you find someone who shares your trauma and unhealthy way of being, but expresses it differently than you do. The usual relationship is when one person is more codependent, and the other is more narcissistic/dismissive.

If you’re healthy, there is no way you’d be in a relationship with someone who constantly dismisses your feelings and rejects you in big and small ways – unless you grew up with a parent who did this and this is the only way you’ve ever known “love.”

This is a topic I’d like to address as well because some of the users who use this field aren’t just victims of emotional abuse – they may actually be in situations that involve domestic abuse that they find difficult to escape.

Its indescribable the feeling you get when someone finally explains to you what you’ve experienced and never had the words for. I first learned about this in a high school psychology class. Since then I have been running around learning everything I can, seeing various therapists and going through even more trauma as a result of earlier traumas.

I’m extremely grateful that I can bring this knowledge here and help others and finally resolve my own longstanding trauma.

10 Likes

Months ago a friend of mine and I were talking about this subject. We talked about genetic memory, and its effect on our lives. I can say even being aware of such a thing can help the individuals to have a better analysis of their failures, life events,…
this genetic memory is so important. Kojima, located off the shore of the city of Kushima in Miyazaki Prefecture, is also know as “monkey island.” The name is derived from its treasured inhabitants, the Japanese macaques. The monkeys became famous after scientists discovered that they were washing sweet potatoes in the water before eating them. 2 weeks ago I saw a TV program about it. It seems a monkey in this island washed her sweet potato in the water. Then not only all monkeys in that island started to wash their sweet potatoes but also the monkeys in the other islands did the same! This is an small example of how fast the genetic memory builds up.

Trauma is as much physical as it is mental.

about this subject that you mentioned, this is what " The crucible of stored trauma" which is available on gumroad does. I’ve heard a positive feedback from someone, that’s why I’d like to buy this audio in the future.

I think whatever you shared here, even if it doesn’t come in the form of a field/Nft/… It’s a kind of knowledge that can be shared in the form of an article or a document later on. However, I hope we see an outcome in the form of a field or something. Because I know searching deeply about a topic needs too much time dedication. I remember years ago I was searching about a topic, I searched for a year and I talked with so many people, I had walked a lot that even the nails of my toes had broken from the roots! But the more painful part was that what was important to me, wasn’t important to others. Because they were busy with their everyday lives and didn’t think about their next generations at all. Fortunately, in this forum there are people who care about others, and I’m so thankful for having this opportunity to be a member of this forum.
I’m sure whatever you’ve shared here, will make a difference in someone’s life. :heart:

4 Likes

Search former Admiral William H McRaven’s speech- at University of Texas at Austin- on youtube. His speech inspired me so much.

That’s an excellent point and something my unconscious suggested as well.

Here is the concept I propose:

Societal/Matrix releasing and clearing → many people’s traumas are upheld by ideas maintained by the society they live in. Such beliefs as “They’re your family/mom/dad/sibling, you have to love them!” Or beliefs such as seeking therapy or healing are wrong, or means you are defective, keep those with trauma from fully healing. Many things trauma sufferers pick up is also from TV and movies because of a lack of real human connection.
In addition, there are traumas that can be shared by the collective memory of a whole race of people. I began working with a psychic and he told me how beliefs such as being victims of slavery or looked down upon by society tend to affect young African American men in the collective space. He had noted something similar with Japanese men and bombings.
In addition, most races and countries are not as collective as they may seem. All over the world, most countries were not singular countries from the beginning. They were individual tribes that would often unite under one leader for the sole purpose of war or protection. Later they would be conquered and things such as a new language, new culture, and environments would be forced onto them to get them to become more cohesive. This can also lead to a more specific racial trauma for groups that were not favored.
There are very strong, powerful beliefs carried on in the race of people that we must disconnect from to continue our healing. Even if one is able to successfully navigate away from these beliefs, they may experience shame and other negative emotions every time they encounter them.The goal of this concept is to specifically clear beliefs such as these and allow the user to live without them to experience full healing.

I actually bought this field and I asked before buying it if anyone had noticed trauma going away.

It does relieve one of stored trauma, but it seems to be trauma that is enacted on the body from an external source. I had relief of trauma from severe beatings I had taken as a child, which I needed. It did not clear any trauma related to CPTSD though, as that seems to be a completely different set of traumas.

Right now I’m researching the traits of those who have successfully navigated healing, and the traits of those who are able to form healthy partnerships

The concepts of many things can be created, so if Captain can create the concept of a healthy, loving relationship and just put it in the field that’s great. If he can not, I would like to find the most scientifically validated perspective and a few more spiritual perspectives and provide them to @Captain_Nemo.

I will also be addressing fused family systems specifically as well. A large part of the trouble trauma survivors have is that they are unable to differentiate themselves from their family, and later unable to do so in relationships. They basically fuse into the relationship in a way that the success and happiness of the relationship becomes their success and happiness. If the relationship goes wrong or becomes negative, they will begin to see themselves as such.

In addressing archetypes its important to understand that families rooted in trauma have to have their members play different roles.

One child may become the “Golden Child,” seen as perfect by the family, always receiving lots of praise and special treatment. Another will have to become “The Scapegoat” or “Black Sheep” who the family will constantly blame for their problems even though they may not be the source of such issues. A parent may need to be “The Saved,” someone who has a problem that is so severe that they demand help or are seen as needing it more than the needs of the individual family members.

Paging @_OM. As I get closer to the finish line your wisdom is always appreciated.

4 Likes

Eventually this will become a private group and if it becomes an NFT those who haven’t participated yet likely won’t have access.

If you don’t have any solutions to contribute, I would at least like to hear how you believe this field will help you most.

What are your biggest issues you’re seeking to correct with this field?
What have been some of your biggest struggles?
What resonates with you most here?

I only have my limited perspective of the trauma I’ve suffered, and the help of a great many therapists, friends, and other resources.

Its essential that I get more perspectives and this also allows you to grab the NFT.

The next topic of my research will deal with Internal Family Systems, Self Worth and Secondary Gains.

Internal Family Systems is a scientifically and medically recognized way of resolving trauma that is based on parts work. Basically, you are not a whole being, but a collection of parts. When in abusive situations, we learn quickly to abandon the parts of ourselves that won’t ensure our safety. We have to lovingly bring these parts back into harmony with ourselves, and also we must lose the defense mechanisms (protectors in this model) and replace them with healthier ones.

Self-Worth must be addressed specifically because often times people will not pursue healing because they simply believe they are not worth it. Self-worth also fuels getting into bad relationships, relating negatively to ones self and treating ones self badly.

Secondary gains are behaviors that seem bad on the outside, but our unconscious has a positive reason for it.

You may not like being an alcoholic, or a gambler, or someone with emotional problems, but what if your unconscious believes this is the only way for you to get love and attention? At least when you have a problem you can find someone who will take time out of their day and care for you. This is a secondary gain. We need to address such so one can freely let go of their trauma and find more positive ways of getting their needs met.

5 Likes

Also from some incidents that people even are not aware of their effects. When I was a kid I was about to drown. I was just a little scared that day. But decades later I had a surgery. A minute after my surgery I was moving my hands as if I was drowning again and I couldn’t breathe! (Of course, I must say that the medicine which was used for me was not of good quality too.) I remember my surgeon had captured my arms tightly that caused to have bruises around my arms for 10 days. However the most important part that I’m trying to say is that for 2 weeks I had drowning nightmares at sea). Anyway, minutes after my surgery was done-while I was still in the recovery room- I vomited! ( I vomited 5 times during 5 hours!) But the first time I vomited, a nurse was nagging and blaming me!!! It took me 3 months to forgive that nurse. Weeks later I referred to my surgeon and in his office he said something that I noticed he had nagged during my surgery too! Later on I read somewhere that in a study the scientists had found out that all patients who had undergone surgery by a skilled surgeon were upset with that surgeon. Because that surgeon used to nag to unconscious patients and behaved impolitely towards them.

They were individual tribes that would often unite under one leader for the sole purpose of war or protection. Later they would be conquered and things such as a new language, new culture, and environments would be forced onto them to get them to become more cohesive. This can also lead to a more specific racial trauma for groups that were not favored.

yes I come from a family with strong roots. I can understand this part completely. But I can’t give you instances here. I may reveal it in a small group or in a private chat.

What are your biggest issues you’re seeking to correct with this field?
What have been some of your biggest struggles?
What resonates with you most here?

I should think about these questions.

2 Likes

Would love some thoughts and opinions on a concept:

Pouring From A Full Cup → The aim of this concept/idea is to have the user only give what they are able to, and only for the right reasons.

Many times we struggle ourselves, but continue taking care of others until we burn out. This field encourages the user to see himself as a priority, of being worthy of being a priority, and seeks to be responsible for having his needs met only through him/herself.

In addition, it gets the user to stop engaging in Covert Contracts. These are certain agreements you make that you never consciously share with someone else, and are manipulative by nature.

Examples:

You do the dishes (when you don’t normally), so your partner won’t complain about the game.
You take your partner out for Valentine’s day, you expect sex.
You keep the house clean in order to get recognition.
You give up sex to get more affection.

The final piece of this field is that it will encourage the user to see others as being powerful and capable in their own right.

I’ve observed in my own behavior, even if I’m starving and emotionally bankrupt, I tend to see others as having less resources than I do. I don’t see others as being able to take care of themselves or having that ability. As soon as I see a hint of struggle, I dive in.

6 Likes

One idea of how the field/NFT could be is to have it as a servitor. I think the benefits of having a powerful and smart servitor would be that it could first be programmed with about 10 to 20 different concepts and fields that it would continue to grow, evolve and master and then it can keep studying and mastering other things that we the NFT owners ask it to learn also and and all the servitors would be noded/connected together so when one learns and grows they all grow. And since it would be a servitor it could be with the NFT owner 24/7, all day, every day and adapt to that person specifically and see and feel that persons need and what is working and what is not working.

It could look something like this:

The Trauma Master Healer Servitor (Just an example name)

• The servitor is dedicated to learn and master ways of healing/clearing/releasing all types of Traumas, CPTSD, ACEs.

• Societal/Matrix releasing and clearing.

• Also clearing and releasing generational traumas.

• Archetype of Fatherly Love, Archetype of Motherly Love, and the Archetype of Healthy Inner child.

• Mastering the 4 trauma responses of Fight, Flight, Freeze and Fawn, and how to reverse/heal them.

• A large amount of self-love, self-compassion, parental love, support, acceptance and courage and other feelings of positivity will flow into your body and mind both from the outside and also via implosion (aka fills inside out), this implosion could also specifically be targeted to where the traumas are stored, for example the heart.

• The servitor is very powerful and aslo very smart and will only do things that can be done in a safe and somewhat gentle way so that it will not cause any kind of re-traumatization. It will sense what each person is capable of handling and adjust to each person.

• It will guide you and help you to relax and to breath deeply.

• It will deeply ground you when needed and also to help you to be in the moment and stay present.

• It will deeply study and learn the work from many Trauma experts like Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk, Sebern Fisher, Peter Levine, Pete Walker and others. And also watch and study the trauma superconference com.

• It could also have the ability and resources to help if a lot of pain comes up when we start to open our selfs up and help to guide us through it and transmute the pain (to love or courage or simmilar) when it becomes too much.

• It will feel if we are now in a safe environment, and could then help/teach/motivate us to feel safe and to trust and to open up again, to be brave and dare to let our guard down and drop our armour and be vulnerable again.

• The servitor could also have the ability to help with introspection of past traumas in a clear but also dissociated way, so you could see the traumatic happenings from the outside sort of, and be infused with divine love at the same time so you could open up to forgiving and letting go and understanding the events better.

• Deeply addresses the feeling of lack, of not being enough.

• Help to take one “out of the head” and to be more in the body and the heart.

• Helps us release and process heavy emotions like shame, guilt, grief and fear.

• Fills us with negentropy.

• The servitor can also be “lent or rented out” for helping other people with traumas, it can be for a 24 hours more gentle sessions, or 30 min or 60 min more intense sessions, (suggestion of only working when we ask and have concent from the person)

• More concepts and abilities…

• And of course any exrtra ideas that Captain might have :slight_smile:

8 Likes

God bless, this is an amazing idea and I love how you summarized much of the thread.

A servitor would be amazing because there are other fields we can not add to this one, but can program this servitor to hold and release at appropriate times for ourselves.

In addition, I know we all have loved ones and family who need healing. We can have this servitor send them healing according to our own ethics and beliefs about helping others.

Does anyone have ideas for the image we should use or concept for the servitor?

Edit: I also had another idea for you all to consider:

Emotional Threat Detection → Time and time again I’ve seen those with trauma get into bad relationships. This can be friends, family or romantic partners that take advantage of them, abuse them and seek to steal their power. Often times the traumatized person will create this dynamic because its all they know, and willingly give up their power to others.

What this seeks to do is to give the user an awareness of when someone is seeking to take advantage of them emotionally. This includes things such as shaming, guilting, bullying, gaslighting and other harmful behaviors.

It will also give the user an awareness of when they are creating an unhealthy dynamic or projecting their own negative feelings/traits onto others.

3 Likes

Thank you @Beltloop :slight_smile: and thank you for starting this project and doing so much research!
What do you think about starting a private group and there we can collect more ideas and concepts, summarize them and vote for which 10 to 20 ideas and concepts to have in the servitor? or something like that.

Really great idea, maybe something like the Shielding Tag 2.0 but adapted for this servitor and to protect us while we heal could be good? So that we feel safe to open up and heal. So that we don’t start to open up and heal but then someone hurts us and we feel unsafe and close ourselfs off again.
And also to teach us how to do this by ourselfs in the future.

2 Likes

I was really hoping that more people would join since this is something I want to benefit everyone. I wanted to hit the cap of 30 people so everyone could get a chance to use this and spread it around. Likely by tomorrow or so I’ll create the private group so we’re not stalled here.

I took the day off work for a much needed break so I’m consulting with my higher intelligence, unconscious and every resource that I have to bring about the best possible field we can make.

My thoughts exactly. I have had this exact experience in the past and its a very quick way to crumble your positive progress.

2 Likes