The different personalities we become when we go online

Something i found entertaining to read. Especially in this times.

16 Likes

I agree, very entertaining!..a quite accurate in many ways.

For those (like me) who found it hard to see (& for many more 'types"), please see the following link…

https://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

6 Likes

This may be of your interest!!

9 Likes

That was interesting, thank you! It brings to mind also how one’s personality changes/ can change based on the language spoken. For myself, I notice that my "Italian’ personality is distinct from my “US” personality which is distinct from my “French” personality. They’re all versions of me yet I experience them as vastly different when I immerse myself in that language. I think it has something to do with how mirror neurons work.

7 Likes

Yeah i think this apply to here too !!

More interesting , when you read posts of “X” ( random person) in time , you can find no longer its the same person , and even make changes on his “cosplay” in this forum. And the community notices it!

Most of them has been positive !

Wow thats awesome , Italian French and english!!!

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

You’re right, I have noticed that. I’m relatively new here but I’ve caught whiffs of it here and there. Seem to be good fun!

1 Like

It is!!!

:boar: :fist_right: :fist_left: :busts_in_silhouette:

1 Like

I find myself wondering “who would I be?” which leads to “who am I NOW?”

So many thoughts…so much reflection.

Thank you @AkiraTheWild ! I may now be lost in reverie in contemplation of this for the rest of the afternoon. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Except I forgot I had a conference I signed up for…so I will contemplate this after that…thank you though! I appreciate you opening my mind to that!

2 Likes

:joy: Ok that is super funny…!! Thank you so much for sharing @veh and thank you so much for searching and sharing the easy-to-read version @VMMS because I had that issue also. These are really hilariously written! Funny too to imagine that guy just coming up with that idea :joy:

@AkiraTheWild I love that article! :heart_eyes: Read it some time ago and totally felt it. Wish I had cosplayed… might do it in the future now :smiley: So true…

I feel the same way! So glad you pointed it out. Now that you said it, I recall observing this in myself but then disregarding it.

Wow, very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Ah guys sorry if it’s hard to read.
Thought it would be funny to post an actual picture from the notebook.

2 Likes

dont worry i have . I will discoverrrr :muscle:

5 Likes

I keep telling people that, often they are surprised.
Give me the same question in 3 different languages, I’ll give you 3 slightly different answers. Same thing but with the focus on another aspects.

I have different tolerance to vulgarity in different languages too. What would be off putting in French, is just funny in English.

Lot of little differences, the same emotions expressed in another language hit a little different…
Different languages too.

Reading the same thing in Japanese also give another vibe.

English feels very casual in conversation but also more scientific (I guess it’s because I learned most advanced stuff I know in English)

8 Likes

Oh why, no worries at all! :smiley: I’m super grateful you showed us this because I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise. That sarcasm and exaggeration … what must he have witnessed? :joy:

3 Likes

So true!

2 Likes

Years of experience, I think. Or as he said… an really intense forum flaming eruption :D

2 Likes