The Evil of Conditional Love

2 Likes

I somehow get what he says (a little bit) and I agree, love is selfish, it is an imbalance and it is obsession too (one person out of billions, a human instead of the entire cosmos/creation/universe/world), actually love is also forceful, you impose your love, your needs and your expectations unto another being lol …
But unconditional love seems to be the cure, but idk, idk if i truly have unconditional love - i love my mother, but she gave me life, plus she took care of me and helped through my worst years, she raised me after my father passed, etc…, hmm, maybe my dog, why do i love him?
is it unconditional? and my cats, my cats too …
hmm, they make me happy, they are company, so even there its conditional, Jesus, idk if I actually love someone or something, including myself, unconditionally.

I love myself (somewhat) because I experience everything thanks to this body, so I love myself because I love those things that I can experience, all the joy, all the pleasures that the 5 senses provide, etc., so basically its conditional love, based on instinctual love - is instinctual love (food, sex, video games, movies, entertainment, friendship, experiences, etc.) even love in the first place? I feel it is sort of mechanical, so I love myself, on the condition that my body/self offers me a mechanical existence and mechanical pleasures and “love”, Great, the conclusion is that I dont love myself or anything really or maybe I do, idk.

Complicated stuff, Love, Self Love, Unconditional Love, this 4 letters word is kind of a mess.

1 Like

But maybe conditional love is just as good as unconditional love, at least on a practical, existential level, on a crude level, on our human level.

Problem Solved, I love conditionally - that I or others provide something to me/myself.

Edit: But since that value (the value of what others provide to me) is undecided, it is relative, then maybe underneath Conditinal Love, there is a Hidden Gem: Unconditional Love, masked as Conditional Love.

1 Like

Unconditional love is something that we grow into an awareness of,
as we grow out of our ego-based conditions.
It is to be aspired to,
not something to whip ourselves with.
It is the natural condition of our beingness -
The I AM
and therefore something we can identify with, if we choose to.
Just because we find that our 3D self has conditions, it
doesn’t mean that we are evil or misguided or unloving.
I believe that all love given with an open heart is healing.

10 Likes

Yes, I believe that a hard materialistic approach helps to redefine and understand better our spiritual experiences. It’s a circular process.

The more we understand ego complexities and paradoxes, the more we are able to transcend them and drive for an authentic spiritual development, rather than a false one based on more ego and more identification.

Or at least we are more able to do it through reason, which is Jnana for Yoguis.

1 Like

Man, he is brilliant, atheism is at the core of Christianity, quite a strong explanation and pov; god is love and “the second coming” is discovering that love (if i got those parts right) here, between 2 or more people who share it, so Christ becomes material symbol, a Presence that we can Achieve/Have in a material sense, not in a far away world; at the same time, hinduism offers a lot of points of views, including similar to this one, as not all hindus care that much about Gods.

I heard Hinduism being called a religion worshipping man(kind) too.

If we are sincere, we are not worshipping Gods, we are just worshipping Ourselves.
We find in those Gods ideals that we wish to emulate here, in a material and spiritual way.
They are symbolic/symbols, like “perfect” Humans or Ideal Humans, sort of.

Now, there are many other pov, more prevalent in organized religions, like the fact that Gods are perfectly real, not just existing in our minds and I wont deny such pov, since I appeal to a Higher Power too, but I am still an Agnostic at heart, I am sincere, just like the famed Thomas the Apostle, who needed to see the wounds to believe.

I cant explain Gods, mysticism, spirituality, nor I can explain Reality, Subjectivity, objectivity, dreams, anything actually lol.

I am just as lost as I was 10 years ago, but now I got fields and subs.
Maybe just not as lost.
And I am healthier.

There are 2 things: The Practical and the Unknown - On a Practical Level, Im BETTER!

1 Like
2 Likes

Conditional love dont have to be “evil” its just not love, its a trade. but trade isn’t evil

conditional love is superficial, so what do you wait from people being superficial

The Evil of Conditional Love

This is cancer, how it’s only concern with itself and growing stronger without realizing it can’t survive without the host.

1 Like