The Importance of Magnesium

https://thebreathoflife.net/learningcenter/the-importance-of-magnesium/

This probably won’t be the longest thread in the world, but I really wanted to shed light on this particular nutrient because it’s so so important for everything to work well.

Apparently it’s best if you can get all 7 forms, but I think even just paying attention to one or two is better than nothing.

I looked at my diet and really nothing I regularly eat had magnesium in it- but I did just find some almonds and I like dark chocolate so that’s a start. Used some transdermal magnesium oil last night and slept like a baby. I have to stop forgetting about magnesium!

I know I’ll be doing some swimming in the sea this summer

26 Likes

Indeed, thanks for this reminder. I used to work on the well-being segment some years ago and I looked like a broken record about magnesium lol I recommend it to so many clients as the base for health and wellness. Even to my mom it was a life saver.

It’s important to note, that stress depletes us from magnesium (and zinc) and the low magnesium in itself will cause more stress… in an endless loop.

Sometimes the cause of anxiety/ insomnia/ depression is physical in a way. Our mind is physical to start of shrug

17 Likes

Thank you for this tip Jen!

2 Likes

You’re welcome :green_heart:

2 Likes

OMG! I so much needed this!! I already have a magnesium oil that gets dusty in a corner right there never knew why and how to use it :sob:. Thanks a looooot for this post :heavy_heart_exclamation:

P. S maybe is should buy one for my mom who suffers tremendously from rheumatoid arthritis.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! And yeah totally. I think it’s something that’s lacking for a lot of us, I noticed a weird thing there are foods that have a decent amount of magnesium in them and they don’t even list it on the nutrition labels but they do list calcium. Was odd to me. Anyway yeah she could supplement with it and see if she feels any better!

2 Likes

I you want to chill out magnesium glycinate is the way to go ! I take it everyday.

3 Likes

It would be absolutely brilliant if a magnesium field was created :pray:

2 Likes

So true. After discovering Sapien I found out that I don’t really have a need for supplements anymore… Except magnesium. It is vital for so many functions plus it relaxes my body and mind. Maybe some zinc and fish oil ( I got both in good amount from my diet).

1 Like

Wow…

What a lovely reminder.

I get this intuitive feeling about how desperately i need magnesium, almost like a thirst… but for some reason ive ignored it.

Not anymore!

Thankyou friend!

1 Like

Do you recommend a specific supplement? It appears the one that they link from the article you provided is no longer available on their website.

1 Like

I don’t but if you find one let me know! :relaxed:

I’ve been using Magnesium Threonate and am finding that really good, along with some shilajit.

Mag threonate is hella expensive and lots of fake/underwhelmed ones on the market due to its high price. I am personally wait for the patent to expire at the end of this decade so I can have generic ones at generic price from vendor that I trust.

1 Like

The one I use is Neuro-Mag by Life Extension. It has 144mg from 2000mg Magtein.

1 Like

Thanks @Jen for this thread.

I recently bought Mg after going through the thread, thanks to all of you.

@all
Would like to take your opinion what other minerals or vitamins do you think is important in addition to Mg that we often miss in our diet or supplements.

Zinc, vit D is something I could think of in general…

2 Likes

Yep both of those! K2 (though it’s a vitamin), iodine recently been on to as something you can be deficient in if you a. Don’t eat iodized salt b. Don’t eat seaweed or rarely eat fish, c. Have digestive problems d. Are exposed to a lot of pesticides that can block absorption

2 Likes