The Protection and Support of Tyr

In Norse myths, Tyr is the God of Honor and Law. He is a warrior’s God, called the Lord of Swords. He is the patron of the Althing, and the deity of heroic glory. Tuesday, in the English language, is named after him.

Tyr the God may actually be one of the oldest Germanic deities in existence. His name simply means “god”, and is related to the Old English Tiw, the Old High German Ziu, the Middle Germanic god Tuisto, and the Proto-Indo-European Teiwaz (which is seen in the rune of the same name). These are related to the Latin deus and the Sanskrit deva. So Tyr may once have been an overarching Sky God, who eventually gained more personal characteristics and was “reborn” into the Norse pantheons as War God and God of Honor. There is some sketchy evidence that the Germanic version of Teiwaz had a consort, referred to as Zisu, which was simply a feminization of his name.

Tyr’s gift is very simple: the courage to do difficult things. Tyr is less interested in offerings of objects and more interested in actions. If you work with him, he will expect you to have a code of honor, and to stick to it at all costs. He will not tolerate oathbreaking, or even the frequent breaking of small commitments. Understand that if you promise him something in return for his gift, he will expect you to come through. Do not break your word to him, or it will go badly for you. Tyr is never malicious or sadistic, but he will strike with a warrior’s force if he feels that it is necessary.

15 Likes

This is actually super crazy.
I downloaded Tyr out of curiousity.

The moment i started to listen i got shivers and felt funny.
I think i really connected with him.

I just started so there is no any results to testify yet but presence is real :eyes:

Well he is a great motivator sińce i don’t want to piss him out lol😅

3 Likes

He is a great coach, a serious one but is one of the best :D

Btw I think Ill make 5-6 more connections of the nordic pantheon, including Hela, Aegir, Logi, Kari, Jord, and I’ll finish the series.

6 Likes

If I may suggest one more to really make an almost complete pantheon: Vidar (Vitharr). Although he was deemed the God of Vengeance, he in fact was the absolute survivor, always against all odds, who in the end slayed Fenrir and reestablished life on Earth. He would complete your version of pantheon beautifully. Ask him yourself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I highly reccomend Tyr to everyone who is delaying things for later lol :joy:.
I asked for protection and i think i got comformation. Well i will observe results when im around people.

But the funny thing is that’ when You promise him something You really feel the presence and feeling of being watched… I did more chores yeasterday :flushed:

Gosh i needed Norse God to make me do my dishes lol :joy: :joy: :joy: .

I knew im not a fricking Stepford wife but come on :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I really hate house chores i wish they could be just magically done by themselves :thinking:

4 Likes