The Raven Bones

25 Likes

The Symbolism of Ravens

Ravens are fascinating birds. Highly intelligent, they have the ability to mimic human speech. Research has found that young ravens are smarter than adult chimps. And they’re smarter than two-year-old human children, too!

But for all that, ravens frequently get a bad rap. That’s perhaps because they’re carrion birds – those that eat dead or dying animals. And with their black feathers and pointy beaks, they can look pretty intimidating.

Ravens often appear in European myths and legends as harbingers of doom and death. They’re associated with the occult and psychic powers, and are frequently portrayed as the companions of witches and wizards.

But those negative associations are far from the whole story.

In China and Japan, the raven is associated with family loyalty, particularly that of children to their parents. And in Tibet, the raven is seen as both lucky and wise.

The raven carries important symbolism to many Native American tribes. For the Mohawks, it offers help to those who are lost, and carries messages from the spirit world.

The Navajo tribe believes that two ravens cawing also carries a message for those who hear them. They are believed to foretell pain in the future, but that it will be succeeded by happiness.

For the Haida people, the raven is both a magician and a healer. And they believe the appearance of a raven augurs visitors to the home.

Even in Europe, the negative associations of ravens appear to have been a relatively recent development.

In Norse mythology, the god Odin was accompanied by two ravens named Huginn and Muginn. Huginn was associated with thought and Muginn with memory. Odin sent them out over the world every day to report back on what was happening. So ravens were closely associated with wisdom.

The ancient Greeks connected ravens with the god Apollo. And Roman legend tells the story of a general who defeated his opponent in battle with the help of a raven.

20 Likes

Very interesting!:100:

5 Likes

i havent seen Huginn and Muginn yet during today’s meditation with odin

3 Likes

Insight

The raven is known for its intelligence, but it’s also a bird associated with spiritual insight.

Psychic Powers

Ravens are closely associated with the occult and psychic powers. Some illustrations show them with a third eye, a literal depiction of their supposed ability to see beyond the material world.

Wisdom and Cunning

Ravens have amazing problem-solving and communication skills. They are even known to craft tools to help them catch their prey.

Resilience and Adaptability

The raven is able to adapt and survive in a range of different environments. This amazing bird can thrive in habitats as diverse as the Arctic wilderness and scorching South American deserts. For that reason, they can remind us of the value of being flexible.

Trying New Things

Connected to ravens’ adaptability is their openness to new things.

The ability to take nourishment from a range of different sources can also lie behind the raven’s spiritual message.

Ask yourself how you could turn a challenge you’re facing into an opportunity. You might be surprised at how quickly you’re able to generate new options.

The raven can also offer encouragement to try new things. Don’t be afraid to leave your comfort zone and take a risk. If it doesn’t work out the way you want, use it as an opportunity to learn from the experience.

Partnership

Ravens can also carry a powerful message about working in partnership with others.

18 Likes

The raven is part of the Corvid family of birds that include the crow, the blackbird and others.
Considered very intelligent. They are problem solvers.

Beautiful coloring on this NFT Dream.
I am a former bird watcher and appreciate them.

Thanks Dream.

Interesting info:

11 Likes

You want to see a raven come over to the green mountains…

They perform valuable service

This creation looks lovely

7 Likes

I just walked into my local woo woo shop. The first thing I saw was a Raven Oracle. I looked at the sample card and it says that the Raven is an attendant of the goddess Kali.

9 Likes

I have been resonating with Ravens for a few months now…

Lets hope I am able to withold my wallet until next payment😖

8 Likes

I hope THIS THREAD is not the same as “Dem Ape Bones” where they talk about EVERYTHING.

And very little on the subject.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I know right lol.:100:

f4cdaea440523c2f385c83c1b8015e0c

11 Likes

hype-zone-welcome

7 Likes

I have not had the best mental associations with some of the other corvid fellows for a while, which in part led me to get this. I had been eyeing smilodon and the wolf bones, but I’m glad this was my first of the bones series.

I feel peaceful and protected. It’s like other ravens got my back, and they’re telling me not to be afraid. There’s something nostalgic and slightly sad I’m picking up. Maybe the colors are reminding me of my 90s childhood lol.

11 Likes

1 Like

“The Requests and Fields” .

Thanks.

3 Likes

Saw a raven yesterday and thought wouldn’t it be cool to have a Raven bones similarly to the apes and cats and all. Logged in today to see it happen, kind of surreal… I guess I have to get this now.

8 Likes

Audio added. :partying_face:

Ill soon give a review, this is such a fun NFT

It has been very very strong i cannot imagine how the audio will feel.

Will try it when i go to bed tonight aye!

6 Likes

:partying_face: Hooray!

Where does one finds these audios…as in, not only would I like a copy but I’m curious to know if there’s some kind of publicly available notification?

In the meantime,. if you could send me a copy via PM, I would be most appreciative. :sparkles:

Thank you in advance! :sparkling_heart:

i would appreciate a copy too. thank you to whoever posts link.