Thread for Gamers

Me and Dream love video games and I bet some of you do too… so I decided to make a thread about them! What games are you playing right now? What are your favorites?

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima. Beautiful game… In fact, let me show you how beautiful it is (screenshot I took)

Story was quite nice (ending was fantastic) and the scenery in the game was breathtaking. Makes me want to visit Japan when I get the chance. Best part about it though was the combat… so damn satisfying. 2nd best sword combat I’ve experienced in a game (sekiro being first).

The g.o.a.t game for me is the witcher 3. I could list 50 reasons why but just hands down, greatest experience I had in the entertianment medium. I got attached to the characters, the world had depth and my choices mattered. I loved being geralt and that game gave me too many fond memories I’ll cherish for the rest of my days.

Got many other favorites but if I had a top 5… it’d have to be… Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Last of us 2, Sekiro, Gears of War.

So how about you guys?

40 Likes

i’ve been playing League of Legends for maybe a decade now!

RPGs with team members are my favourites to play. Golden Sun, Breath of Fire, Tales of series, and Final Fantasy 12 are dear to me. i always loved having teammates supporting each other for the same goals and objectives.

ghost of tsushima definitely looks beautiful!

5 Likes

Any Warframe fans here :partying_face: its huge and best of all comes free

3 Likes

The original “Planescape: Torment” was kinda amazing in a ton of ways and I still replay it every few years.

Haven’t found a game recently that deserves a recommendation, but looking for one.
Preferably RPG, PC-based.

3 Likes

I am a PC gamer.

Witcher 3,
Assassin’s Creed for the stories. Recent ones are good in graphics. I just take the ship and just stay outside Athens just to see the view up the mountains.
Batman Arkham series,
GTA series,
Heavy Rain, nice story and gameplay.
Devil May Cry series.

Just wanted to play some of the good playstation games like Uncharted and Last of Us. But haven’t got the chance. PS3 emulator is working good now so that I may have some chance to play ps3 games soon.

Eagrly waited for Horizon Zero Dawn. It is out now. Will play it sometimes in future.

@Philip_Weiss Just remember Black and White game. It was a time when we were all gods. :grin:

5 Likes

@Philip_Weiss I don’t play multiplayer too much but when gears of wear first came out… that was life to me. Those chainsaws and curb stomps were legendary bro.

@anon48416969 Can’t wait for this game too. Most excited I’ve been for any game really.

@anon6431808 Portal 2 is one of my favorites too. Both of them really. They had me cracking up all the way through too.

@_OM Sounds like you’re into CRPGs. Baldur’s gate 2 or divinity original sin 2 may suit your taste. This is an old one… one of dream’s favorite games he out me on to. Vampire masquerade 2. Loved that game… verty few have ever been able to create an atmosphere like that one.

@Roi Still haven’t played the batman games. Gotta try them out.

5 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations.
Yes, CRPGs are what I prefer.
Thanks again.

Psst…what’s DW working on?

2 Likes

Resident Evil ftw.

RE4 specifically is my favorite.

3 Likes

Don’t play too often, but here are my absolute favorites:

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne - best competitive multiplayer ever!

Total War: Warhammer II I just love the world, the rich lore and the variety, that all the different races offer. Only play mortal empires campaign, of course.

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) - best fighting system in all of gaming. It’s just such a joy to master the combat.

Dark Souls - Best world in the series, I just love the atmosphere, the mythology and that it’s up to you, figure out, what’s really going on.

Sekiro - only game I completed 100% (in the age of achievements). Great gameplay, amazing story. But why didn’t they release any DLC :sob:

3 Likes

Did you play bloodborne? Very similar to dark souls

1 Like

Would love to play it, but I neither own a television or a PS4. But there are rumors that a PC port is coming.

1 Like

@Philip_Weiss I played mgs5. Loved the gameplay but the story felt lacking… especially after hearing Kojima usually had great stories. New Hitman seems to be worth a try.

@anon48416969 We definitely will. Me and Dream have been highly anticipating it as we are fans of the cyberpunk genre and witcher 3 is both our fave game. And yeah man, we love games, books, music, anime/movies/tv as anyone else. Humans create some amazing things for all us to enjoy eh.

@ConkerRyan Been meaning to try warhammer. Recently got into strategy. Managed to learn Civ6 which was… a feat in itself.

Loved Sekiro so much dude. And bloodbourne too. Funny thing is, that those games permanently increased my willpower. Conquering those games was one of the greatest challenges in my life lol.

@Samurai Man, I still regret missing out on re4 years ago. Hope they come out with a remastered version in the future.

3 Likes

Far Cry Instincts Evolution/Predator
Splinter Cell
Left 4 Dead
Battlefield 1942/2/BC/BC2/3/4
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
GTA
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Rainbow Six: Vegas & Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

I rarely play any game nowadays but when I do, it’s Battlefield 4.

I might get the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 eventually though, it looks insane.

4 Likes

The VR update will be released later this year, probably around the time of the new HP Reverb G2 release.

I play X-Plane 11 from time to time, but this took the flightsim to a whole new level.

1 Like

I replayed that game so many times lol, remember the merchants voice perfectly:
got a selection of good things on sale stranger!

1 Like

Lmao the merchant !!

Stranger…Stranger…Now THATS a weapon!

Considering they remade 1,2 and 3.

Lets hope for a 4 remake.

2 Likes

O shit never mind that ,

Following its reimaginings of Resident Evil 2 and 3, multiple development sources have told VGC that the Resident Evil 4 remake has now entered full production with an estimated release window in 2022.

Development is being led by Osaka-based M-Two, the new studio founded by former PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami, which has been preparing for the project since 2018.

@SammyG

2 Likes

Awesomeeee. Probably will come out for next gen as well. I def look forward to that :sunglasses:

1 Like

A remastered of this!

1 Like

And this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes