Thread for Gamers

I’m pissed off at the lack of proper, non-p2w MMO’s out there.

I played DC Universe Online, awesome game back in the day. Solid, flowing and action packed combat and a heaven worth of customization. All the instances, raids and even the PvP system was, as a whole, top-notch. Used to be a monthly sub, you pay it, you get everything you asked for and it was a sweet, sweet sandbox filled with good people and even better roleplayers. I played the old Death & Glory server up until the ProSieben takeover where I was still a killing machine to be feared.

Elder Scrolls Online is such another, started out with a lot of backlash from people expecting a ‘Skyrim Online’. What it actually was, was a great game, with a buy and a sub, a bit much, but a great game nonetheless. Amazing exploration, solid, active combat, and nothing over the top. You could get immersed in that world for hours because it felt real. And the grind was real, too. In a good way.

Now everything seems to have gone to hell and beyond, and I can’t for the life of me find a good MMORPG like in the old days. They might just’ve kiled it.

This was me crying out to the last few golden years of MMORPG’s, to all the fun and immersion and shenanigans that were had. :wave:

4 Likes

Man I exactly feel the same.
I loved games like flyff, aura kingdome, elsword, blade and soul and so on.
These days there are no good mmorpg out there.
Only Wow but thats nothing for me

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a shame, really.

I don’t know if there’s anything good coming too, I’ve just given up on it.

probably not this era died unfortunately

in FFXIV they talk about aethers and crystals and i feel like they’re paralleling a way for me to learn energy on earth.

there’s this character you meet after the base game that gives me _OM and MaoshanWanderer vibes lol. (in a teacher aspect)

1 Like

It would be nice if we could set up some (unofficial) Sapien med servers for some games just for a few days each. That way we can play together on weekends. In the same spirit as the chess thread but with more fun stuff.

If you (whoever reads this) are a computer geek and interested, it’s you time to shine. Fame and glory awaits you.

Enemy territory: quake wars would be nice too lol

5 Likes

So basically what you’re saying is
“Like chess, but more interesting”
:joy:

2 Likes

Nah, not like chess at all. Just like the chess thread :laughing:

2 Likes

funny enough i was getting ready to ask someone to play :)

2 Likes

Someone play CIV5?

1 Like

today i had a pretty troll competitive Valorant match.

for anyone who is unfamiliar with the game, it’s a 5v5 First-Person Shooter.

one teammate started to drop communication and that did a chain reaction until only two of us out of five was actually playing properly. the rest was afking at spawn or aimlessly walking around the map and jumping.

i usually play armor of light and glory when i play competitive, but this time around i added justice for all as those teammates (in my opinion) were selfish and took up the time and energy from also the enemy team.

i definitely felt mad, but my time with emotional mastering protocol helped me control my emotions instead of become reactionary.

i’ve learned a deeper meaning of what a mixed bag of people play games in general. i’ve also learned how easy it is for people to get influenced to be chaotic or harmonic.

1 Like

danggg what league do you play?

I’m total trash, got no aim etc so i play unranked hehehe.

1 Like

same i still got a lot to learn but it’s really fun playing with my friends.

i’m at bronze! my friends range from bronze to diamond.

i like learning from my higher ranked friends and then observing how i play in my own ranking.

i’m not a big fan of ranks in real life, but they’re great in games to make matches more fair and for everyone to have an opportunity to grow and develop their skills.

pro-tip: i also play brain regeneration, eye regeneration, and hearing loss recovery as spending time on the computer in general can be taxing on our bodies.

plasma protocol or any nervous system and muscle regenerating morphic fields can help with healing the body as it’s mostly stationary while gaming.

1 Like

Maaaan
Ok let me go down the nostalgic road…

I think the first game I’ve ever played was Streak Hoverboard Racing on PS1 (am i really that old lol). Me and my brother would spam the PS1 in the mall until my dad bought it for us for Christmas, including the game.

It was a stylish game, and it got very very difficult to beat in the later races. To this day i can recall the tensed up background music and the colorful Hoverboards.

Next i remember Carmageddon and Megarace 2 on PC, what amazing games for the time of release!

Duke Nukem 3D i think that’s considered legendary until today.

First GTA game was GTA2, also legendary.

I never really liked role playing games but for some reason until today i loved Diablo, and later Diablo 2, but I’ve probably played more of the original. The sounds, the feels… Just so convincing.

Once we got the PS2 i would play GTA san andreas non-stop, literally. They had those hidden multiplayer pickups and i would play together with a friend all night. We’d have all cheat codes printed out and would activate them randomly. Well let’s just say it wasn’t uncommon to fly a tuned up firetruck upside down with the army jets following. Hi La Ri Ous.

I don’t know but I’d guess in terms of playing hours, san andreas is the top for me.

Then I’d play FIFA… I think it was 06 or 07. Oh yeah 06, what i would do is, first unlock the highest difficulty, then play friendly matches Barca vs Real, until i could beat the AI. Then I’d pick a tiny team and play against Brazil and try the same.

When i got so good, I’d challenge my friends… Let’s just say my friend’s face expression wasn’t exactly amused when he lost once again 0-6 with argentina against my… Scarborough or sth :joy:

With another friend I’d play WWE smackdown games. He had failed to tell me how good he was and we would have epic matches whilst drinking, smoking etc.

Another really cool PS2 game was Def Jam Fight For New York. And another really cool PS1 was Crash Bash.

Oh and Metal gear solid 3, wow, that was impressive. Was a bit long story, but highly enjoyed it.

I guess i lost a bit interest in gaming after that… Later i would play GTA 4 and 5, really nice. Sometimes the sims.

Oh and half life, and portal.

I also recall playing Virtua Tennis 2 against friends, that was on the dreamcast console i think. Really nostalgic. Really awesome.

I love games honestly, they teach strategic thinking and efficiency, they convey meaningful messages, usually good stories, characters, history, etc.

Haha I’ve also played blobby volley for too long lol.

Anyways, thanks for this thread

5 Likes

I LOVED THIS GAME.

Bought GTA 5 3 times.

2 Likes

That game is so cool, all the famous rappers suddenly have huge bodies and can literally crush skulls anywhere. Needless to say, i did play a lot of drunken evenings with friends, betting on who’d win etc . Amazing

1 Like

my aim, game sense, and reaction are improving probably because of:

• brain regeneration
  • eye regeneration
  • hearing loss recovery
  • plasma protocol

my friends have mentioned how quickly i’ve improved!

it definitely got to my ego and it’s hard to stay humble with all the praise i was getting. once i started to get more praise i started desiring for our team to win and i knew that i had to quiet my mind and focus on having fun.

2 Likes

btw i feel like i manifested this!

i loooooove the original TWEWY. it was one of the only games that i HAD to stay up and keep going so i could get to the next part of the story.

2 Likes

dude they need to remake fight for NY and expand it, best fighting game i’ve ever played

1 Like

Do.you guys have played GoldenEye 007 ,Perfect dark ,times splitter 2 ,Turok 1,Turok 2 seeds of evil