Thread for Gamers

I’m not into Harry Potter or a fan of it either but fuck me this game looks absolutely spectacular! You see now you can say that’s a game worth paying £49.99 for… not like that half-arsed cash-grab EA crap.

Hopefully this will be the first step in reviving the gaming industry. I see the light at the end of the tunnel… it’s so fucking beautiful maaaan!

5 Likes

@TheAmbiguousSoldier WOW, You Weren’t Kidding, That Looks Awesome!

1 Like

Well, you know it’s a going to be a great game when someone who doesn’t like Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts that wants to buy it.

There’re literally no popular games out right now that could compete with this… even Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk fall behind. I honestly thought the future of gaming was going to be only about remakes and sequels. So glad how wrong I was.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m tempted to pick up Guild Wars again. Not really to spend much time gaming, but just to re-experience some of the ideas, concept-schemes, aesthetics, etc.

I had first picked it up in Middle School. At the time, I was mostly drawn in by the graphics and gameplay. But I had kept it in the background until I started college. It was interesting to go through different changes with that as a point of reference in the backdrop.

When it was new, I liked the immersive experience of it. A fantasy world with interesting gameplay and an undeniably engaging “good vibe” (for the most part).

When I was in high school, I was diving into philosophy, religion, and the occult. It was interesting to see the blending of things that made it into the game. There were nods to traditional religions as well as elements of Kabbalah, yoga, Hinduism and Buddhism, etc. I even recall looking into some of the Developers and I think a few of them had traveled to Inidia and received initiations (as, I think, Steve Jobs had done at some point in his life/career).

Later on, I’d play lectures or radio shows in the background while putzing around in the game world…

Anyways, I’m finding that I miss the art and imagery and the sense of an upwards drive to something stronger/better/more-perfect. The game had amazing aesthetics for the time and I think they’re pretty good even to this day. The soundtrack is second-to-none, and the story was quite engaging. It followed (originally) a path from a low-level beginner to an actual “Ascension”. So, in that way, it seemed to mimic a spiritual journey.

Having it packaged all-together was something unique. I have no doubt that there is a coherent thoughtform behind it that had some very good qualities.

—In recent ears, life has become a grind where I don’t necessarily have a clear image of the future or where I would need to go and what I need to do. It’d be nice to bring back the state of mind that I had from engaging with that game… even if the concepts and relations only exist in a fantasy, it seemed more healthy, optimistic, motivated towards positive self-actualization… than the states of mind I’ve inhabited lately lol.

3 Likes

Eeey good 'ole times!

Right? Itcd be different when we operate more through all the mutual understanding and trust instead of having to play the game of ‘beat around the bush’ and having to dodge mines

2 Likes

yo
guys

any hogwarts fans?

3 Likes

I’m excited for this but only have a switch. Maybe I’ll get pc version. Hogwarts will treat my depression :zap:.

2 Likes

Ah
How are you doing?
Will pm you

2 Likes

Hyped for Dragons Dogma 2

3 Likes

I like Sims 4

I am the true gamer

1 Like

Anyone excited for lightfall? (Destiny 2)

1 Like

I enjoyed Sims 3 a lot but haven’t played 4

1 Like

I was unaware of this platform, but I really like it Thanks for sharing!

:grin:

1 Like

Ohh man don’t even bother… it’s soo shit. I had a go on it last year and it was just an epic downgrade. It’s more of a doll house simulator than a life simulator if anything.

There’s a reason why you can download it free of charge on Steam whilst Sims 3 is selling for around 30 quid. It’s so bad that retailers can’t even flog it for a measly couple of bucks.

2 Likes

That’s a poignant review lol
@The_Indigo_Man

The 3 sucked IMO, so if you vouch for the 3 but not the 4. Cringe

I liked the 1 and the 2 after was even better. It was still a game.

The music on the 2 are still unbeaten

2 Likes

In fact, I’m about to listen to the Sims 2 soundtrack on YouTube right now.

2 Likes

I think that if there were a lot more competition, they’d have to get their shit together or go out of business.

I think the third instalment was a great game overall but lacked narrative, wackiness and character story development that the second game had.

1 Like

:grin:
I think …

Was it Sims 2 where in the create a SIM menu, you could like really really distort their faces haha?

I’m trying to think back and I wanna laugh and smile

2 Likes

Yup

@Nice2knowU
Yeah, very square

These games were a good racket, first games with really integrated DLCs I think

You bought the same game 10 times
Buying snow and leaf falls,animals were cool, university and business were awesome

Nightclubs, tropical holidays :relieved:

2 Likes